main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THANK YOU LORD

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Jabachile, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Lucas has been writing the final chapter since January and shooting is scheduled to start in July 2003 - Johnathon Hales has been confirmed as co-writer once again.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

2. That_Flashing

That_Flashing Jedi Master star 5

Aug 22, 2000
    Excelent.... Everything is going according to plan.

3. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Oh, wonderful...

:(

Another go around with Johnathon "The Scorpion King/I-Call-It-Aggressive-Negotiations" Hales...

Verdammt, doch mal...

4. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    This is the best news I've heard since they casted George Cloony as Batman. [face_plain]

5. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    It's not really huge. The story is still Lucas', anyone (well, except Lucas apparently :p) can make a script "livelier".

But I'm glad someone is helping with the huge load.

6. MasterWiz

MasterWiz Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    Cool. That means he should have it finished soon.

7. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    It's not that big of a deal. Nobody even knows what Hales was responsible for writing in AOTC, other than a few things we've seen from his other movies.

ST

8. Darth-Schwartz

Darth-Schwartz Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    calm down hales did good in aotc. theres nothing wrong with the diologue yada yada yada!

9. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    Correct me if I am WRONG but...wasn't Hales called in at the last second for AOTC to clean up the dialogue a bit? Which means he had minimal time...Perhaps since he is working with Lucas from start to finish on this one things will be better in EP3!
    :D

~ICeBReaKeR
    His abilities have made him...arrogant

10. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    No Hales was hired for epII right about this time after TPM. He worked with Lucas the whole way, he wasn't a last second addition.

11. Adali-Kiri

Adali-Kiri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    According to Lucas in Star Wars Magazine last summer, Hales was brought in to do a complete rewrite on Lucas' draft. At the same time, Lucas did his own rewrite. Then they both sat down to work on combining the two rewrites and that's the final script.

Imo, AOTC is very well written and I'm looking forward to Episode III.

12. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 1999
    I agree! The writing in AotC was much improved over TPM. Of course there's still room for improvement, but that's because we're the picky fans! It's great news that Hales is helping out.

13. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Considering I loved most of the humor and a lot of the lines in AotC, this is very very good news :)
    I think comedy's always better when written by two people. Banter anyway.

14. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    We don't know who wrote the comedy. AOTC romance (while I have no complaints) isn't very close to the style of the OT. Perhaps Hales wrote the romance part?

Bah, this is besides the point, Lucas' style is to write it himself, hand it off to someone else (Hales, etc) to look it over and touch it up. They don't really Co-Write it.

15. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I am glad as well. As metioned, while Lucas is brilliant, it can never hurt to have "another" writer touch-up his work. (I put 'another' in quotation marks because I would consider Lucas to be a 'storyteller' rather than a 'writer.')

This really goes for any project that is written. What works and sounds good on one mans ears may not please anothers....

:cool: Mace Windy,
    three years, doesn't it just blow you away!?

16. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE sidescrolling

17. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Can someone edit that?
    I think only half a million exclamation marks could've gotten you're excitement across.

18. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I agree that there is still room for imporvement on AOTC's dialogue, but let's be honest: it was much better than a lot of TPM's. So let's not all bag Hales. We don't know that it was his fault, and the improvement over TPM makes it look like it might still be George comming out with the cringers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.