main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Thank you my son! (Viggie) A/P, Luke

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darksideyesplease, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    TITLE: Thank you, my son.
    AUTHOR: darksideyesplease
    CHARACTERS: Anakin Skywalker, Padmé Amidala, Luke.
    WORD COUNT: 826
    Done for: June Ani/Ami Index Challenge

?But you?ll die!? Luke gasped, as he held his arms under his father?s bulky suit.

?Nothing?. Can stop that now. Just for once, let me look on you, with my own eyes.? The now former Sith Lord?s voice was weak.

Luke nodded and glanced over the helmet and held his father. Anakin smiled at his son.

?Now, my son! Leave me!? His oxygen supply was running short.

?No, I?ve got to save you. For myself. For Leia!? A single tear streamed down Luke?s face.

?You already have Luke, you already have. You were right about me, tell your sister, you were right!? Anakin closed his eyes for what he believed to be the final time.

?No! You will tell Leia yourself. You will tell Mother, yourself!? Luke screamed, believing his Father had passed.

Anakin?s eyes shot open in disbelief. Luke?s frown immediately turned into a look of utter joy. Luke put Anakin?s mask back on, before it was too late. Anakin looked to each side. Was his son being honest? Of course he was! He was a Jedi. Not the manipulative demon Palpatine was.

Anakin used his still attached mechanical arm to push himself up. Luke looked on in awe. His father was ready to go into the after life, but the mere mention of Padme had made him rise. Anakin wheezed for air, his suit was running out of time. He stomped up the walkway of the small Imperial ship, and Luke jumped into the Pilot seat to make their escape.

~~

Rebel droids worked furiously to wheel Anakin?s body into a special chamber aboard the large cruiser orbiting Endor. Luke waited patiently outside, while they pried the shell formally known as Vader off Anakin?s scarred body.

Leia, Han, and the droids rushed into the waiting room as soon as they had heard from Luke. Luke stood up and embraced his sister.

?He is going to be alright, I can feel it.? Luke said. Leia didn?t know how to feel, she was very hesitant about the entire situation. Padme?s head slowly peered from around the corner.

Her heart was racing. Could it be true? Had Ani really returned? Her son had said so, but she needed to see it with her own eyes.

?Mother?? Luke stammered as he noticed her slowly enter the room.

She put her hand out to him and told him to wait. She couldn?t take it any longer. She stepped to the healer who was overlooking the droids.

?Is there any way, I could go in?? Padme?s voice said in a weakened state.

All the healer could go on were the vitals on his terminal screen. He usually wouldn?t allow it, but seeing the emotional state of the woman, he made an exception.

The doorway slid open for her, as Luke and Leia embraced as they watched their mother enter the chamber.

The droids stopped their actions as they had stabilized Anakin?s breathing and he was doing much better. They backed off as Padme slowly crept towards the told metal slab. Anakin looked straight up at the ceiling, amazingly he did not feel her presence.

?Ani?? A voice whispered.

This is a dream, another horrible dream. Why does the Force tease me so.

Then he could see her face. She was in his vision. Her mouth dropped in awe before forming into a smile.

A droid scooted over, handing a flute glass containing a liquid in it.

?He needs to drink this. He would not take it from us.? The droids mechanical voice spoke. She took the glass and gently held up his bald head.

The glass touched his lips as he sucked down the bitter healing liquid.

She is tending to my wounds, just as I had always imagined.

He finished the liquid and licked his lips. The taste was bitter, but he didn?t care, it was from Padme.

?How? is this possible?? Anakin heaved.

?Shh, don?t speak, not yet. You?re too weak my lo??

Anakin?s coughs interrupted her speech. His body was hideously scarred and Padme could see nearly every

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ooohh, that was wonderful! I had had to read the line "You will tell Mother, yourself!? over because I wasn't sure I'd seen it right. If only Anakin had known Padme lived things could have been different. I enjoyed that very much! :) :)

3. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Very nice vignette, darkside. I love the idea of Anakin being pulled back from dying by the mere mention of Padme, and of her being there to tend his wounds. Well done! :D

4. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    leona - thanks glad you liked it. i believe the challenge was that vader and padme are reunited after the ROTJ, so yea she definately had to be alive. =)

aragorn - yea that's my favorite part too, he just stands back up and lives again at her name, hehe.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Very nice viggie! And it has my tall, dark, Sithy love interest! [face_love]

Another lovely piece of work! =D=

6. wendynat

wendynat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    I really enjoyed this - what a great challenge response! This line in particular summed up so much: "His father was ready to go into the after life, but the mere mention of Padme had made him rise."

7. Mr_Dagobah

Mr_Dagobah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 30, 2005
    A nice little ficlet here. Great work![face_peace]

8. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    You will tell Mother, yourself!? That line was very surprising. Very sweet how Padme "healed" him.

9. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Ack!...perfect!...ack again!

Cheers_Cazza@};-

10. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    wonderful piece of art and Padme was alive wonderful :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.