main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Thank You Phoenix FanForce!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Bria, Jun 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    meant to get this up last night... had the message all typed up and then I lost it. [face_blush] :( Better late than never, I guess. :D ;)

I don?t know where to begin. Best keep it simple, me thinks. THANK YOU PHOENIX FANFORCE!!!!! :) I had a blast in Arizona and was thrilled to meet so many of you. :) It's really cool since I originally only came into the Phoenix boards to congraduate kreleia on becoming a city rep (I knew her from the icon making thread), but everyone was so nice, and then I found out I'd be visiting... the rest is history,
    you might say. ;)

Thank you to kreleia for picking me up and taking me out for ice cream. While you couldn?t make the movie, I was still happy to have met you in person. Thank you Obey Wann and Idiots Array for joining us at Cold Stone as well. :)

Thank you VoidDancer for the ride to the theater and the cds. I've listened to all of the first one and some of the second and they're pretty neat. Thank you Lady_Jedi_Carenix for the Krispy Kremes. I was skeptical but now I'm a believer, thanks to you. While I would never wait in two hour long lines (unless of course I was hanging out with uber cool SW fans ;) ) for them, those warm doughnuts are easily the best I've ever had. Thinking about them makes me want one right now. :D

It was a pleasure to meet everyone else. EmprsHandMick, KnightWriter, Mara_Jade_AZ, Mobius, sideshow212, and anyone else I might have forgotten. I know there are two gals who?s names I can't recall, but I'm not sure one of them posts here. The other does, and I sat next to her, but I just draw a blank as to her name. Sorry about that. [face_blush] :p

I also enjoyed hanging out after the movie. I wish I could've stayed at Mobius' place longer. As it was, I didn't get to my hotel until almost one :p and I had to get up at 5. Aye. [face_plain] Thanks for the ride back to my hotel, Idiots Array. I dropped my pictures off to be developed today and I'll let everyone know how they turned out and get them up ASAP.

While I didn't see them in AZ, I met Mirax_H and harpm1 at Celebration II in Indy and both are very cool PFF members as well. ;)

I really do welcome any of you to Minnesota and should you visit, I will do my best to organize a get together with as many people as possible. :D :D :D

~*~Bria

Edit on request.

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Thank you for being here, Bria. It was great talking with you. Perhaps our paths will cross again in the future :).

3. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Although you didn't know it. I sat right in front of you at the Friday 7:00pm digital screening at Arrowhead. I heard you guys mention the Fan Force, and I figured it was the gang.

I really want to get out to one of the meetings or group get-togethers.

BTW, which one of you is the MAJOR Harry Potter Fan (couldn't miss that conversation)???

Yancy

4. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    BTW, next time you guys have a theater get-together, you must, and I mean MUST go to Lenny's (a burger joint in Glendale), before the movie.

Best Burgers, shakes, and fries in town by far.

Yancy

5. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    right on Gallandro! you should come to the meetings!
    *see guys, my big mouth does pay off!* [face_laugh]

had a killer time Bria! can't wait to see the pics!

6. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Okay, so Bria was the one with the Francis Mc Dormand "Fargo" accent.

Sorry, Bria but when I heard your voice I was muttering to my friend, "That's your accomplice..in the, uh woodchipper, eh??"

Sorry.

Yancy

7. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Hey, when is the next meeting?? I must go.

Yancy

8. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Welcome, Gallandro! The PFF meetings are held at 3:00PM on the second Saturday of every month, at the Atomic Comics in Mesa.

We also have periodic events (as you noticed at the movie), which are discussed and posted on the board. For example, my movie party this Saturday, and our 4th of July party, both of which you're more than welcome to attend.

Enjoy the PFF!

9. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Thanks for the editing, Liz Skywalker. :D Next time I try to remember not to post when I'm in a hurry like that. :p ;)

Gallandro: You're a little girl? Cuz a girl of probably five or six was in front of me. :p :D ;) I was talking about Harry Potter with errrm... one of those girls who's name I can't recall [face_blush] before the show. :) Sirius siriusly rocks you know! :D

sideshow212: LOL! [face_laugh] I think everyone still in the entire theater probably heard you. :D But hey, if it gained a member... ;)

~*~Bria

P.S. I do not have an accent. :mad: Oh, and FARGO IS NOT IN MINNESOTA!!!!!!! [face_plain]

:p :D ;)

10. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Well, yes Bria, there were two little girls there, and frankly I was shocked when BOTH parents walked out of the theater to the concession stand, leaving both kids (maybe all of 5 & 6). I was pretty shocked.

Yancy

11. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    wow, i missed a get together *and* a conversation about harry potter. i was actually home reading goblet of fire most likely, how ironic is that? hehe.

and bria, sirius rocks but it's all about remus lupin. moony beats padfoot anytime. ;) ;)

12. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    I had a great time meetng Bria, and of course watching the movie again with everyone.

I'm the one that was sitting next to you, Bria, and the other major Harry Potter fan. I have to go with Jupiter on this one, though-Remus!! ;)

13. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    Sorry I didn't get to go Bria, I thought I would but got stuck in that dusty cowtown of Tucson, AZ. (Hey I was born there I can call it whatever I like) Looks like I missed out on some good conversation, Krispy Kremes :( , and an eexcccellllent movie. Oh, and I would be right there on the ol' Harry Potter too. Well, maybe next time, but Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself!

14. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Hey Bria!! It was such a blast getting to meet you! I'm really sorry that I couldn't make it to the movie on Friday, but sounds like you had a great time... **ahem** yes... :D ;)

Anyway, I hope we can meet again sometime soon! (Any plans for you to attend the San Diego ComiCon? :) ) I just may have to convince Rob that the Mall of America needs to be seen. And of course, we can make a small side-trip while we're there.

Glad to hear you made it home safely. Thanks so much for letting us know you were dropping by our neighborhood! WOOHOO!!!

kreleia ^.^

15. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Gallandro: Any chance you happen to be one of those parents? :D

jupitertronic: :eek: Harry Potter is great, but you could've put Goblet of Fire down for a few hours. :p Lupin is my 2nd favorite HP guy, but Sirius beats even him. :D

Kirana_T: I knew it began with a K! I just blanked out. [face_blush] :p It was nice meeting you! :)

harpm1: At least I met you. ;) Too bad you were stuck. :(

kreleia: Of course I had a great time. :) How could I not? :D ;) It's too bad you couldn't make it, but everything went well in your absence. :) While I'd love to go to the San Diego ComicCon, being unemployeed and almost out of cash... I'm afraid not. :( Even if I found a job (and I'm keeping my fingers crossed!) I wouldn't want to request time off right away... *sigh* Do plan a trip up here though sometime. You'll feel right at home with the obsessed members of the MNFF. :D ;)

My pictures came back and they look great! :) I will scan them as soon as possible. :)

~*~Bria

16. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    It was great meeting you! Say hi to the Minnesoooootan's for us --will you, eh? ;)

17. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Obey Wann: Should I ever meet any Minnesoooootan's, I will tell them you say hi in my voice that has no accent. :p :D ;)

That reminds me...
    sideshow212: Given your status, weren't you going to change your sig? [face_laugh] :D ;)

~*~Bria

18. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    only if IA does...! [face_laugh]

19. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    I have made Bria a krispy kreme believer! That's just so...krispy! :) I'm glad that you had fun while you were here and that I got to meet you. I can't wait to see the pictures! :D 8-}

Oh, and I [face_love] your signature! [face_laugh] "KRISPY KREME!" :D

20. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I'm glad you like it. :D

I got some pictures up. Pictures from Wednesday at least. I'll get the rest up ASAP (what I wouldn't give to have my own scanner....) ;)

Pics

~*~Bria

21. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Only a week after the fact :p, but I got my pictures from last Friday up this evening. :)

Enjoy! :D

~*~Bria

22. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    [face_laugh] That's awesome, Bria. I'm glad you had a good time. We'll have to see if we can get a PFF trip to Minnesota sometime. ;)

23. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Good pictures, Bria :). Thanks for putting them up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.