main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Thank you, SFFF.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    On behalf of myself, Dale and our family, thank you to everyone for all your donations, well-wishes, condolences, and support through cards, e-mails, PM's and text, while we are going through this difficult time at the tragic and sudden loss of our father.

With the emotional, financial, and physical (I haven't slept well in a month) stress this has had on all of us, it really helps when you have lots of people to lean on.

While the services and paperwork may be over, now we can actually grieve and slowly heal.

Personally, I didn't think I'd be going through this again so soon, so again, thank you everyone!

2. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    You're very welcome, Matt! And Dale, too.

3. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    [:D] hang in there boys

4. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Yeah man... we gotta stop meeting like this. Let's all hope we'll never have to do this again for a long LONG time. Hang tough gentlemen. :)

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Thought this was a thread that (unfortunately) needed bumping. I don't think this year has been really good for both Dale and myself. Even WonderCon wasn't as fun as it should've been since our dad passed the day after, and a few days before, our cousin lost a battle with cancer.

Two weeks ago, our uncle (Mom's brother) died, and in her declining health, it was a difficult decision to tell her, after she had a bad fall and was recovering at a health center.

Now that she's home with us, we're still dealing with her health. We're currently having a live-in caregiver watching her while Dale and I are away, but these costs are growing ever so fast, and we're hoping to find alternate methods to care for her, without spending a lot of money.

And to top it off, we found out our uncle who was paying our Dad's medical bills in the Philippines through his own money, is now in the ICU there, after getting pneumonia which has affected his emphesyma.

Now we've even got a problem with taggers spray painting our fence too, and someone this morning egged our wall!

And Zero, don't even THINK of hijacking this thread. Your childish behavior on these boards is the last thing we need at this difficult time.

[face_shame_on_you] :mad:

6. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    My mom has a helper that comes 3 days a week, payed by the state. I can look into that for you guys

7. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Dang bros... it's like when it rains it hurricanes for you guys. Hang tough guys and do what you need to do to get through it. Even the worst storms pass in time.

8. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    Your friends are here for a shoulder to cry on, for a hopeful prayer, or just a nice long conversation of geeky stuff to take you away from reality for a few minutes.

9. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    Jedhead,

That's certainly a lot to be dealing with. I'll keep you two in my thoughts.

skye_solo

10. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Matt and Dale, you are both in my thoughts. I had no idea things were this bad for you. Just try to keep your heads up and be the wonderfully optimistic people I know you to be. I miss you and hopefully can arrange to be at a meeting or event once in a while. I wish there was more I could do to help, but know that I am sending happier thoughts in your direction.

11. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm sorry to hear that things have been so difficult for both of you. I hope that everything works out and looks up soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.