main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thank You (short post-TPM story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Firedrake88, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firedrake88

Firedrake88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Title: Thank You
    Author: Erika
    Rating: PG
    Summary: Obi-Wan remembers his beloved Master, Qui-Gon.
    Time Frame: Post TPM
    Spoilers: For JA
    Category: *NON*-SLASH, POV, angst
    Disclaimers: The Star Wars universe and all of its characters belong to George Lucas, I'm only borrowing them to have a little fun and I promise to return them unharmed (well, at least mostly unharmed). I'm making no money off of this and this is written for entertainment purposes only.

Note: I never thought that I'd write a post TPM FIC that wasn't AU but I got this idea so I'm giving it a shot. BTW, for all you people out there who, like me, don't like Anakin, he's not mentioned once in this story!

Thank You

'There's always tomorrow.' I used to say that a lot before you were killed, struck down before my very eyes. I never knew how wrong I was until I was standing there at your funeral, watching the flames leap up to consume your empty body.
    I never told you how much you mean to me, how much I care for you, did I? No, of course not. For I always thought that there would be another day, another time to say the things we left unspoken between us.
    I always knew how much you cared for me, even though you never told me. I could see it in your eyes and feel it in your hand resting upon my shoulder. I could feel your affection every time you helped me up off a training mat or corrected my position during one of our many saber duels and katas. You were gentle and yet firm with me. Did I ever tell you how much I admire that about you? You always pushed me so hard but never forgot to make sure I was okay. You would drive me to the brink of exhaustion but never further.
    Even though I always knew that you cared for me and that you were proud of me I worked so hard to honor you. Do you know how much your hard-fought for words of praise meant to me? You could make my heart leap with one gentle smile and a single, "Good job, Padawan." I worked hard to receive your few words of approval or encouragement for you are not man to give them freely. It made me all the prouder when I heard them, though, for I knew that in order for you to say, "well done", I had to perform to the very best of my capabilities and even more.
    I was waiting until after my knighting to tell you all the things I had kept locked in my heart. I wanted to wait until the day when we would stand together as equals to tell you how much I learned from you and how much you changed me. Without you I wouldn't be the man I am today. You made me who I am and for that I am eternally grateful. Because of you I have learned to look beyond the obvious and see what's in people's hearts. You taught me that good souls are born in all forms, not just those that are obviously honorable and noble. You have taught me so many things that it would take me longer than the rest of time to list them all.
    Do you know what I am the most grateful for? It's not the lessons you taught me or the physical skills you helped me to hone. Your friendship and all the little things you went out of your way to do for me are the things I am the most thankful for. You were hesitant at first. You feared that I would hurt you as Xanatos had, but as the years past you gave me your friendship, trust, and love, perhaps without even realizing that you had done it.
    I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and it always honored me deeply that you trusted me and taught me with love instead of discipline. Because of the friendship you gave me you turned a shy boy into a confident young man. Everything I am I owe to you.
    You were always there for me. Always. Even when I betrayed you on Melida/Daan you took the time to help ease my panic and horror at losing Cerasi. When Bant was killed you held me all night long as I sobbed my heart out. When I failed my first physics exam you stayed up all night with me and helped me study. I aced the next one, because of you. I was so proud, and I think you were too.
    Remember when I was wounded on that mission to Mer

2. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    Liked it.

3. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    I can't believe no one else posted on this storie.

4. thegreatyoda

thegreatyoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    *wipes away tears* WOW! What a touching piece! This showed perfectly the relationship between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. I'm begging you PLEASE put this on theforce.net's fanfic site!

5. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Sniff. That was lovely and very touching.

6. Firedrake88

Firedrake88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Oh wow! Cool! Last time I checked only one person had answered (thanks Glad is June!!!) and then I decided to check back again and a couple other peope read it. Cool, I didn't think anyone liked it :_|. Glad to know at least a few people did.

Um...if you happen to see this, which I doubt, do I need to do something special to get this on theforce.net's fanfic site?? I've never tried to get any of my stories there.

7. thegreatyoda

thegreatyoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
  8. Broken-Sabre

Broken-Sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    Very moving. A well written story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.