main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Thanks for the Memories"- post-DN Jaina/Jag one-shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by aurrasingrules101, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    Title: Thanks for the Memories
    Author: aurrasingrules101
    Characters: Jaina/Jag, OC
    Timeframe: 30-some years post-DN
    Summary: Jaina and Jag meet decades after TSW.
    Genre: angst, some romance
    Disclaimer: Sadly, this fabulous universe belongs to wonderful Mr.George Lucas. I don't own any of it.

Lieutenant Arkens?adi?nuruodo kept his back straight and shoulders squared, waiting at attention with schooled patience for the General to acknowledge him. The message he carried wasn?t of huge importance, or requiring any sort of formality; it was just the way Chiss did things. Sadin, as an individual, took these edicts even further. If he wanted to some day be as great as the human sitting in front of him he needed to meet and exceed the Chiss Expansionary Defense Fleet?s standards.

?Leiutenant?? the General said finally, his voice muted and emotionless.

?Sir?? Sadin replied, raising his chin slightly.

General Jagged Fel turned in his command chair so that he could observe his subordinate. ?Do you have the information I requested??

?Yes, General,? Sadin replied, and pulled the datacard from his breast pocket. This moment in history, the written alliance that would make the Chiss Ascendancy an extended part of the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances, was no less than monumental in the eyes of all concerned. The relationship between the two parties had been strained for decades, and a final releasing of the unspoken grudge was a relief to everyone. The Razorwing, the command vessel Sadin was currently stationed on, was one of the few plucked from the CEDF to be a witness to the ceremony. For some political reason Sadin could only guess at, General Fel had told him to find a list of all the dignitaries and officers that would be attending before they traveled onto the surface of Bastion, the neutral chosen planet. Naturally, Sadin had complied.

Sadin handed the datacard to his superior, waiting patiently once again to be dismissed. But General Fel showed no sign of doing so. Instead he inserted it into his datapad and scrolled quickly through the contents. After a few moments where Sadin debated whether or not to walk away, the aging general laid the datapad in his lap with a resigned air. ?Hm,? he said simply.

Sadin resisted the urge to fidget, and kept his attentive stance. The older man must have noted the unusual stiffness in his posture, because he looked up and waved one hand minutely, saying, ?At ease, Lieutenant.?

Sadin relaxed slightly, folding his arms behind his back. ?Do you require anything further, Sir??

Fel considered for a moment. Then, ?Yes. Go have my shuttle prepared. We?re going planetside a little earlier than scheduled.?

We? Sadin thought as he saluted and went off to do the General?s bidding. Was it a generic term, or did he mean to take Sadin with him? He had not been scheduled to actually attend the ceremony. But then again, it would be good experience, and he was not one to question orders.

Just as he had suspected, General Fel intended to take him along for the ride. But unlike the typical shuttle flights, Fel piloted the ship himself, dismissing the scheduled pilot and taking Sadin along as an aide of sorts. The ranking officer kept a calm but somehow unsteady air, and was extremely quiet. He asked for little, making Sadin wonder if he had really needed an aide on this trip after all. But how would it look for such an esteemed warrior to come to an official delegation with no entourage?

They docked in a public bay, Fel landing the shuttle with a practiced ease that led Sadin to believe he had been a fighter pilot once upon a time. He knew that he had gained a great deal of clout during the Yuuzhan Vong and Killik Wars several decades prior. Perhaps he had been a regular clawcraft pilot then. Whatever he was or had been, he made the ship dance with more grace than some of the

2. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    [face_love] :_| that was very good.

3. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    ahhhhh, that was beautiful...very bittersweet!

With a long wistful sigh he replied, ?That was my heart.?
    :( :) Perfect ending!!!

meg

4. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    =D= This was wonderfully done!

On the other side was a human female, somewhere from her late forties to mid-fifties. Her hair was a rich chestnut color streaked with gray, her eyes a keen, murky brown. Soft lines etched her mouth and the corners of her eyes, but Sadin could tell she had been beautiful once. She still was, really, for someone of her years. She looked him up and down, sizing him like an opponent would, taking stock. Sadin supposed that was normal. She probably had never seen a Chiss in real life before. ?Can I help you?? she said finally.

Nah, this is just the way Jaina is. If it is Jaina, which it probably is.

?The opportunity,? he replied. ?We ended badly, Jaina, and that?s not how I wanted things. I?ve loved you for the better part of my life, and even though what happened so long ago hurt me it didn?t make me stop loving you. When I was able to let go of my anger I knew that even though there was no hope for the future we had planned that I still loved you, and not just as the wife I wanted. You had been my best friend, and I couldn?t let this chance go by without telling you that I forgive you, and to make a better goodbye than the last one we had.?

Ah-ha! I knew it! And this was very sweet, very Jag.

There was a sniffling from the other end, crying perhaps? ?I?ve?I?ve wanted to tell you something for so long. I hated that the last time we spoke you thought I hadn?t been faithful to us. I never loved Zekk, Jag. I never told him I loved him, not in any way. I never kissed him, never gave him any sign that we were more than friends. We were joined against our will, and I need you to understand that what happened with the Killiks wasn?t something I chose to do. You meant so much more to me than they did, but Raynar?s call and then the actual joining?it wasn?t me who left you. It was someone else. And I never stopped loving you. Not for a moment.?

Nice insight! I think people tend to forget that, that Jaina never wanted to be Joined with Zekk.

Sadin fell into step behind him, but couldn?t help asking, ?Who was that??

With a long wistful sigh he replied, ?That was my heart.?

*sighs* Perfect ending. Just wonderful!

5. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Very nice Aurra :)

6. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    :_| :_| :_|

Beautiful, aurra!

7. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Wow.

8. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Wow! =D= Very nice Job Aurra. The last sentence was just perfect.

9. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    That was very nice and heartfelt. [:D] Alittle part of me still would like to see them get back together...after all this time[face_love] Seqeul??[face_batting]

10. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    Thank you so much everyone! I had a lot of fun writing this. Even though I hope and pray J/J will end up together in cannon, if things stay the way they are I see a future more like this. even if they don't get married we all KNOW they'll always love each other. Thanks again so much!

11. tahirri_and_Anakin

tahirri_and_Anakin Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2006
    That was an extremly awsome story absolutly LOVED[face_love] it=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.