main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Thanks from the filmographers!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LORDPARSEC, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who was in line for their constant cooperation during filming of my crew's small work-in-prgress "Looking for Star Wars" documentary. While in line, we recorded over 36 hours of footage. It will take quite sometime to go through but, as always, I will be posting updates as to what is happening with it. I will hopefully be getting some footage to the PFF by the next meeting. We will see. I would specifically like to thank Josh and Jody for arranging the inerview with Dan Harkins and for letting us keep the camera in their faces even when times were rough towards the end of the campout. It was truly the Star Wars experience our film needed.
    LP

2. Subjugator

Subjugator Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    can't wait to see it!!

3. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    i'm really looking forward to seeing the documentary. i didn't get much on my camera, so it'll be cool to see what i didn't film and what i wasn't there for (like josh going crazy). ;)

it was great meeting you guys, i hope you start showing up to the fan force meetings more often. :)

4. aero-

aero- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2002
    waiting to see the footage is almost as exciting as waiting to see episode 2...

can we campout in front of your place, LP?

5. darth_leo

darth_leo Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    i'd totally line up for that. you guys were great.

6. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    The Dark lord of the Goondocks will too line up for it.

7. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I'll only let you line up outside my house if you get Josh and Jody to organize it! Otherwise no deal!
    LP :)
    PS. I will have video of the line that was taken with my camera at the next meeting but it will not be edited (So it will seem slow and pointless a lot of the time). It's basically all the stuff I have to go through before I put it into my smaller film. But I think you will get a kick out of just seeing the line environment again. I know I do watching it.
    LP

8. JediHunterAlpha

JediHunterAlpha Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    Hey, im up for camping out for this movie, all i ask, is that I get Joel's canopy to sleep under this time.

9. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Hey all, I just wanted to let you know I finished splicing the more interesting parts of the line footage today. I figured you all might get bored if I just let a lot of it run so I narrowed it all down to a good 3 and 1/2 hours (Approximately, I haven't evenly timed it). It's a lot of fun to watch. See you all on the 8th!

LP - Dark Lord of the Camcorder! :D

10. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    thanks for all your hard work on that filming joel! i know that when you get done it will be one of the best documentaries out there! can't wait to see it!

11. aero-

aero- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2002
    instead of "looking for star wars", can you call it "looking better than star woids" ?

hehe...i suck.

12. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Hello again! Just wanted to let you know that the crew finished filming the last of the parody footage on the documentary last friday. We start in the editing room tomorrow. We are only expected to get about 5 minutes completed though, because the opening is somewhat complex. Just thought you might want an update like Rick McCallum (sp?) does in the SW INSIDER.

LP
    PS. Maybe in my next post there will be an interview with someone from the crew... na!

13. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I got a lot of questions at the meeting on the 13th in regards to the film. I thought I might as well give a small update for you all... SPOILERS AHEAD :)
    The opening sequence to the film is complete and a few shots have been added to a section we call "Moments and Meanings". The next sequence to be put together will be setting up for the line. After that, we will do some intercutting sequences like the toy's going on sale, Interviews with toy dealers, etc. We will then go back to the line. Another intercut will be of a small trip my crew and I took to the Imperial Sand Dunes in Yuma AZ. Then of course, back to the line.
    It all sounds very black and white right now but I assure you that it's looking great! As of now we don't have an exact date on when it will be finished but we are hoping for early September. And of course, it's Premier will be a PFF Meeting!

LP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.