Omaha, NE thanks guys

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by wundermutt, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wundermutt Jedi Knight

star 1
    i had a great time at my first meeting, thank you. you made both tom and i feel very welcome. even though we still had to watch bilbo baggins.
  2. Darth_Tharon Jedi Knight

star 1

I've always wanted to know what it was like being in a hostile fire zone. Now I know.

I felt like I earned a Purple Heart with clusters, my CIB, and the CMH all at once. I did carry my self-esteem out of there, but it died on the operating table and was buried with full military honors.

BTW, I didn't get to explain that the reason why I'm bald is (A) I'm impersonating Darth Vader, or (B) to be more aerodynamic for running in the 5K Race for the Cure yesterday for my mom (a cancer survivor) on her birthday yesterday. I ran it in under 20 minutes (a new PR for me) and I placed in the top 25 out of over 6,500 participants. Just in case anyone wondered (which I know you probably didn't). Just felt that maybe an explanation was in order . . .

3. sarahpie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Her name was Leia...she was a princess...
  4. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dude, no one cares why you're bald.

:p
  5. sarahpie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, just like no one cares about that CGI mask in Spiderman....
  6. Darth_Tharon Jedi Knight

star 1

That' cool. Didn't figure anyone cared, just wanted to explain why the sudden change in my look, and (admittedly) to brag a little bit.

I am debating whether or not to keep it shaved or let it grow, though. I'll probably be lazy and just let it grow out again. I have enough trouble scraping whiskers off my face, much less my whole head! Later all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.