main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Thanks Guys!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by pacervader, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey guys, thanks to everyone for all the help you gave the club this weekend at the con. We had fun, especially yesterday, and we'll do it again in February. Watch the website for pictures over the next couple of days. pv

2. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes, thank you folks for the great job and comeraderie at the show. It was great to hear the CIV stories and the SWAG generosity that lots of folks were pleased with.

I especially want to to thank you troopers for braving that cursed fireball in the sky to roll around town and let folks know there was something going on at the Amerihost. If it wasn't for that effort, Saturday might have been like today....DEAD.

It was fun, and it is awesome to watch kids' eyes get so wide they nearly fall out of their skulls when laying eyes on Vader and the TKs.

Darrell should replace Santa this December at the mall, because he seems to have no problem holding up kids for pics....plus - THERE'S NO BEARD TO PULL!

Looking forward to working with you guys again in the future for whatever event might just so happen to pop along....unexpectedly.

3. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    I agree that saturday was a lot of fun. I even had fun sunday, despite the abyssmal turnout. Also, thanks to everyone who came to my house saturday, it was a blast. And Darrell, thanks for the tip about the shadowtrooper armor for sale on ebay, I won the auction yesterday and sent my money order off today. I really appreciate it, I saved about $250 compared to what other kits were going for on the internet.

4. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    Its what I do.

5. nedfix

nedfix Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2006
    Word!

6. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
  7. willismaximus

willismaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2006
    Honestly, I think the situation pretty much resolved itself. And then there's the fact that I'm used to that kind of criticism, although it was a little surprising to hear it from a fellow nerd. Meh, there's one in every group.

8. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Well, If anyone on the street sunday didn't want us there they sure didn't show it. Darrell and Ed could barely walk 2 feet without being mobbed for pics. The posts were indeed hypocritical in the respect that one of the guys bashed us and sw and then said he was a fan, and of course the comment about the sw costumes being stupid for spending so much money on them was insulting. But, it does seem to be the minority of peoples opinion so not to worry. pv

P.S. if you havent checked the website, the photo album has been updated.

9. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    I already fixed that poor excuse of a fanboy already on another thread he spent dumping on us.

Reply 24

http://superceleb.proboards107.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1181446541&page=2

Methinks he no longer post there as a result.

But the fellas there at the Supes celebration definitely like the idea of having us there again next year. Perhaps in a tent of your own on the main strip or something, and you could probably raise a ton more awareness of the fanforce than inside the comic show.

10. willismaximus

willismaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2006
    Dang, the 1st thread osiris linked didn't really bother me, but the one you posted had me so pissed by the end I just wanted to go choke something. If there was a key to give soemone a virtual dragon-kick throught the internet, I'd have wore the key the frak out. People running around in spandex is totally cool, but armor . . . they can piss off? Tell me if that isn't just the height of hypocrosy. Way to school the younglings though, you forum warrior you.

I need to comment though that most of the people seem alright and even want us back next time, so I wouldn't worry about one or two asshats think.

11. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Gosh, the main guy hurling mud must have really had his toes stepped on by a wookie, lol. I agree with Maximus, his comments really got my blood boiling. But, it's not like everyone of us hasn't been persuecuted for our love of sw at some point in our lives, and uasally by guys who still live in thier mom's basement. I didn't like that the overall complaint was mainly about the comic show sucking and that because we were a focal point there, we seem to be taking most of the blame. I guess we should be more event selective in the future before committing to something like this, which falls on my shoulders. And it looks like the sw charactors could have entered the costume contest according to a post by the Metrop chamber guy on one of the threads, wish they would have advertised that aside from just having Tim tells us. Anyway, I think we should definetly set up on the street next year and take over the supe fest, and really give them something to talk about! pv

12. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I like your way of thinking, pv. Invasion!! lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.