Ark Thanks to all who helped out with Make A Wish...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Wendy from Make a wish had contacted Stormtrooper Tracy about a kid getting his wish trip granted
    by the Make A Wish people. The kid loves Star Wars and they would like some Star Wars characters
    at the deal when they tell the kid they get their wish.

It will be on Saturday, March 18 at noon at the Shotgun Dan's in Rose City which the lady says is in
    North Little Rock...

She needs a count on how many of us can make it and what costume we will be in.
    Please reply here or pm me and I'll get that to her ASAP.

Thanks to all who can help out with this...

Bacon
  2. Shadowscout04 Jedi Knight

star 1
    You can count on a Biker Scout and a Stormtrooper here, plus one little helper(we really need to get him a costume).

By the way, do we know who(what) his favorite character is?????
  3. VADER312 Jedi Knight

star 1
    THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH HAS TO WORK THAT WEEKEND[face_frustrated]
  4. ti7267 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    yes I talked to Wendy today about this, I know she wants imperials and rebels no more than 10, im going to talk to kristine pointer who is rebel legion and see if we can make this boy's time alittle brighter. I know they want a vader and jerm i was hoping you can come down if not i will ask another vader i know of if he can and beg if i have too lol

I also know three celebrities and im trying to get them to send a autograph to me for the child. Bonnie Piece (spelled wrong but Aunt Beru Ep2-3) Amy Allen (Aayla Secura) and Hayden to see if they can sign a autograph in their respective roles. I will let you know when i find out more from them. The way i want to do this thou is joint RL/Arkansith/327th this is for a child and as a father of a young child this means alot to me personaly.

But im in Tie pilot for now
  5. VADER312 Jedi Knight

star 1
    YES.. I KINDA FIGURED THAT THEY WOULD WANT DARTH. BUT I GOTTA WORK A 10 HOUR SHIFT THAT DAY. I'M SURE THE STORMTROOPERS AND THE BIKER SCOUT COULD HANDLE IT WITHOUT TO MUCH OVER-KILL. I WISH I COULD HELP AS I'M A DADDY TOO. ARE YOU GOING TO BE THERE?
  6. ti7267 Jedi Youngling

star 1
  7. VADER312 Jedi Knight

star 1
  8. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    OK So, we have at least one Stormtrooper, one biker scout, a tie pilot and at least 3 Jedi.

I'm sending this info on to Wendi this morning.

I agree on the parent of small children, and as a reciepeint of a Make A Wish trip as a child myself, and a mother of a child who was granted one of these trips I have a very soft spot for Make A Wish.

It is a wonderful program that gave me a beautiful week with my daughter before she passed away.

So, thanks to all who are willing to give their time for this...

(And Vader, I know you'd do it man if it wasn't for the work thing. Thanks for that.)
  9. ti7267 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    ok i just talked to my vader up here in NWA if he doesn't have to go out of town he will probably be there :) so that so far is good news i will hear more no later than wednesday if not im begging :)
  10. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey, I trust y'all could use a Princess Leia??? The only way I won't make it is if I can't get my costume made nor access to the costume again (as in, it would be rented out already). Now, how do you get there? I suppose it's not the one on Keihl, and what's with this "Rose City" thing? I'm unclear on that; that's a new one.

Lavenderrose73 @};-
  11. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    If you need me there, I can be there, but I am sort of indifferent--so just let me know if you want one more Jedi to fill out our numbers. I'll be working on my costume Friday night, so it will be looking better by then (Tabbards!).
  12. ti7267 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I have another tie pilot also that lives in conway that will show up so i will give him some of the info also and figure out a place to meet im not sure about some of you but i know john and i will have to put our pilot armor on and stuff, and the Tk's will have to put their armor on
  13. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I plan on grabbing a bite to eat and being there around 11:30-11:45. Find Wendy and see what she has inmind then Ill get dressed.
  14. ti7267 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    sounds like a plan henry, yeah we are trying to clean up a mess up here from our tornado :(
  15. ti7267 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    ok im going to need directions to where we are meeting since i don't know little rock, also im waiting for a package to come in to give to the boy, im supposed to find out from vader either tomorrow or wednesday hopefully he will give me some good news.
  16. VADER312 Jedi Knight

star 1
    what did you get the little one?
  17. ti7267 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    First of all, I need the address for the place we are meeting my vader up here where i live is going to do it. So we need the addy and such, also we have a surprise for him hopefully he will like it.
  18. ti7267 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    ok I just got off the phone with Wendy, here is a update. She wants us there at like 12:30 i say we still get there early cause Adam it will take a few mins to put on all the vader stuff, what I would like us to do is this...

The two tk's and biker scout go in ahead of Vader, then Vader, and then the two pilots followed by the jedi, what Wendy wants us to do is give her a call when we are all ready, my wife will be our spotter so she will go in first especially for tk's vader and us pilots since we can't see anything LOL
  19. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Heres my idea we can all meet at the Burger King on Hwy 161 at Protho Junction. Around 11:00 or so. Shotgun Dans is about 2 miles down and around the road from there. Those of us that want to can get a bite to eat and we can leave around 12:00. It may be raining so I dont want to get there to early and be standing around in the rain in armor and I know the Jedi robes soak up real good.
    For those that dont know where the Burger King is: From North Little Rock Interstate 40 E about 2 miles past the 67/167 exit is Protho. At the exit light take a right and it will be on your right about 1/2 mile. There is also a McDonalds, Sonic, Taco Bell all reall close. Any ? PM me or call. Those coming in out of town if you want my number just incase... Just PM me
  20. ti7267 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    hen,

yeah if you would pm me your number i also gotta add wendy to my phone so we can call her when we are ready
  21. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    So do you need me or not?
  22. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Jacob you are welcome to come and no hard feellings if you dont you have your reasons and life goes on. There will be days I dont agree or feel like going.
  23. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, like I said--I'm not dying to go--so someone take charge and say, "Jacob, please come. We would really like another jedi." or "No, you don't need to come, Jacob. We have plenty of costumers coming."

...actually--on second thought--I do want to be there because I want to meet our NWA folks!
  24. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    OK OK OK Then Jacob because of your postion in the group and we have new members showing up you need to be there.
  25. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.