Thanks to all!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Firecat, Oct 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. Firecat Jedi Padawan

I've never posted, but I'd like to thank this community for the wealth of knowledge that I found invaluable when doing an inhouse Star Wars-type project at my work.

The end result can be seen here. It's very inside-joke-type content, but you may enjoy some of the effects work.

You've got a great community going here and on TFN.

Thanks to all!
  2. monkey_abbot Jedi Knight

star 3
  3. Firecat Jedi Padawan

Oh yeah, and a guy I work with at the station used to work with a guy who's now a higher up at Industrial Light & Magic. The ILM guy saw our video and had this to say:

While perusing the GMUTV web site I happened upon your ?2002 Portfolio? video. I?m not sure what kind of equipment you academic types are working with but your Star Wars fan film is big fun and very well done. It has made the rounds among the pixel pushers here and most agree it was terrific. Some of the inside jokes are hard for us left-coasters to get but the effects look very tasty.

This wouldn't have been possible with out you guys, so thanks again.
  4. AdamBertocci Manager

Manager
    star 7
    Amusing stuff. And your opening crawl is one of the best-looking I've seen!

Rick McCallum loves you!
  5. Firecat Jedi Padawan

Thanks Adam,
    The opening crawl was done with Adobe Illustrator 9 and After Effects 5.0 with Corner Pin (Prod. Bundle)

I was very pleased with how that in particular turned out, although I wouldn't mind the stars to kick a little more in the web version. Just a matter of Brightness/Contrast for that though...
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.