main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Thanks to everybody who participated in todays event... what a great time!!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    The day got off to a roaring (or should I say creeping and crawling) start with Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (and about 10 million spiders) A VERY good movie, much much better than the first one. I really loved Dobby the House Elf, but Moaning Myrtle was kinda creepy... :eek: Between friends, relatives and members, we had like 16 people there, a great turnout! I think people were getting annoyed at us though, when we said "Yes, ALL these great seats are taken!" :D

Some of us then (slowly) moved from West Ed to my place, making stops at Esso, Safeway, Blockbuster, Pizza Hut, and McDonalds along the way.

When we finally arrived, laden down with food and snacks, we were treated with a viewing of "Treasures of Valhalla: Special Edition", the fanfilm that Spot made some months back. VERY nice work considering the story, filming, and editing were all done in 72 hours... :)

Then it was on to the AotC: Deleted Scenes. Mucho cool, but not as good as the Episode I ones, and definately not the ones I would have chosen to put on there, with the exception of the first one, which I think should have been left in the movie! Then we had to find the X-Wing being chased by the TIE fighters scene... it is small, but it is there... :)

And then (drumroll)... The Feature Presentation: Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition. The extra 30 minutes of footage is WELL worth the extra money for sure, nevermind the hours and hours of bonus materials on the extra discs... we watched the "Scale" one on DVD 4... very neat how they did everything to make people look smaller/bigger. Pick this set up if you don't have it already, you get alot for your dollar. I loved that they expanded the visit to Lothlorien... it plays a huge role in the book, but the original theatrical release really didn't do it justice. Nice to see a little bit more of Boromir dwelling on the fate of the Ring as well.

All in all it was a great day and night, even though it stretched a little later than all of us probably expected it to (1:45 am!!!!) not that I minded one bit, I had a great time! :D And I guess what they say is true: Time flies when you are having FUN!!!! :)

May the Force be with you all,

Indy

2. Vua__Lah

Vua__Lah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    damn I wish I was there... I was able to borrow some $$$ friday night but after thinkin about it i figured i probably wouldn't be able to get ahold of tickets if i just showed up at the time of the showing.
    :( ah well my loss
    And DON'T tell me i could've gotten tix.... i don't wanna hear that i missed out ;)

btw, nothin will keep me away from the next event.... just gimme a time and a place and i'm there!

3. Jamaillia

Jamaillia Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2002
    Wish I had been there. Thanks everyone for saving me a seat. (I was VERY late). After the movie, I went back to the hospital to see my new Nephew, and got to burp and babysit while Mom and Dad went for a last smoke for the day.

He is PERFECT. Will post a picture ASAP.

I promise, I will try to make it to ALL of the next meeting.

Jamaillia

4. JawaGirl

JawaGirl Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2002
    Fun Times Indy! Many thanks once again for hosting such a fun-filled event. Wish I could have been there for its entirety.

JawaGirl

5. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Thanks a bunch for the after party Indy, but im sure you got an ear-full the next morning from the wife ;) I dont mind hosting the next "after event party" if you guys want to do another one somethime :)

6. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Actually I got lucky... she slept through the whole thing, didn't even hear us leave.. :D

Indy

7. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Sounds great all, I'll hopefully be able to make it to the next ones :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.