main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Thanks to everyone for Cine Capri

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by VoidDancer, Jun 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I wanted to thank everyone who made this such a success last night.

Thanks to Sideshow for working with Harkins for all of this.

Thank you for every member that showed up in costume there and milled about for people to see, and to everybody else that showed up to support Fan Force in general.

Thanks to the 501st DSG for coming along and helping to make the costume presence complete. Steve you're about the best Maul I've ever seen, looks like the horns worked out :)

I talked to Dan afterwards and he wanted to extend his thanks also. He told me that our performance (Fan Force and DSG) has encouraged him to lean on Lucasfilms to try and get Empire (And Return hopefully) in the near future for another charity event. Take that for what you will, we can only hope it happens.

Thanks again everyone and I'll see you tonight for the Official opening of Cine Capri.

2. DarkSiderSteve

DarkSiderSteve Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2003
    Thanks VoidDancer. It was truly a spectacular event.

3. tk835

tk835 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2003
    Had a good time. Thanks to Will and everyone who helped me pick up stuff when I dropped something, like my TICKETS, costume strap, etc. (Mark, Will, Steve, un-named guy).

Steve, and you said Darth Maul doesn't do much. Well, he gets photo ops. You will be in today's (or Sunday's) paper, trust me. Great work. Lots of fun having you there.

Phil

4. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Tell me that someone took pictures....

Glad to hear it you guys...you are all Awesome!

5. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    thanks for coming out guys! i had a blast!

glad everyone enjoyed it, i for one can never again go to any other theatre, the cine capri is just too cool!

6. aztrooper0013

aztrooper0013 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    Thanks to all the DSG thugs who braved the heat for this. (wasn't so bad, now was it?) You guys all looked great!

PFF, thanks for all your hard work on this one, and thanks go out to those of you who also braved the heat and came in some really great costumes!

You all made the event fun and memorable.

7. -Master-

-Master- Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2002
    That was fun, huh huh!

8. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I wanted to add a "good job" to everyone who went out. I'm glad people saw that Fan Force and DSG are alive, well and in full force in the Valley.

9. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    That was a lot of fun, and I must say --that is the best Maul I've ever seen!!! Well done!

10. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    This was a great time.

I love to see kids around people in costume, especially the troopers and Vader, and now Maul. (Your costume rocked!) :cool:

Did you guys see the little mini-me? A little girl had on a Padme picnic dress, and you should have seen her face when Kre and I went to say hi to her. :) Three Padme's for the price of one. :D

11. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Seeing "A New Hope" at the Cine Capri was SO COOL! :D :D :D My parents also enjoyed seeing the movie and meeting people. :)

DSG, you guys rock! :)

12. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    ah yeah... that little girl was so adorable!! :D :D That completely made my day (and I didn't have a very great afternoon, so it was a nice pick-me-up)!! It was hilarious to see all 3 of the girls start talking about the costumes and then arguing (a little) about the music. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] LOOK!! FUTURE US!!! :D ;)

Last night was a great time! Great work on the Darth Maul costume Steve! ;) And it was awesome to see the DSG guys again... ;)

13. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    thanks to the DSG and to everyone.. you all rock!!
    :)

14. DEICIDE

DEICIDE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    I am glad everyone had a great time. My DSG thugs say thanks and like to welcome some of the new troopers who we got to troop for the first time with. Newbies it was fun. The DSG thanks Phoenix Fan Force. Josh you did a great job. It cant be Star Wars with out the good guys too. I never got to meet our new Sith but I saw you great suit. We have also changed the name of the dune see garrison and 501st to "CHAINSAW VIKING SEX".

15. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Hey chad.. if you need any pics for the 501st site.. from the event.. just lemme know.. you can use any that i took if you want em.

16. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Hey Feldman, be sure to get some of those pics to Webb for the PFF site! I don't think he was there to get any photos... I'll get mine developed ASAP. :D Had a blast guys! My Dooku dad had a lot more fun with the right colored cape on! He sends his thanks for a good time as well. :D

17. DarkSiderSteve

DarkSiderSteve Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2003
    Sorry I havent posted in few days- been outta town. Everyone here is too nice. :p Your compliments are most appreciated.

Whats this talk about being the paper? Anyone know if that happened?

EDIT: I also wanted to thank that group of cool guys who were willing to save me a seat. Sorry I could make it- I was leaving early the next day. You guys rock.

18. tk835

tk835 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2003
    I would have bet that you and Tom made the paper with all the snapshots being taken, but I didn't see anything in Fri, Sat, or Sun, except one photo of Dan Harkin and some guy.

Someone tell us that someone made it in some AZ paper.

19. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    I saw you guys on TV! My parents and I were quite impressed. good job guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.