main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO That baby had to have taken a little while.....!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by PrincessArwen, Mar 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm sorry.

Don't munchkin. It's annoying.

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Hey Jon, translate that to English please.

3. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    A Munchkin is another name for those annoying people that don't understand that the idea behind a role playing game is to role play. They scrutinize the books looking for all the little flaws to turn their characters into gods and generally are asses.

4. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Curse the munchkins. If nothing else make a good honest hack-and-slasher, not much to role play but for a newb, easy to do. Just don't be a munchkin.

Voija, good luck finding the minis. The fantasy shop had a bunch left over for several years, till they finally clearanced them out at $.50 a pack. I bought a few, but everything good got bought up years ago.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Man, I feel there is this whole section of dorkdom that I'm missing out on. Maybe we should try the Star Wars version this summer.

PA how was the game? My bf spends way too much time playing that with his dork friends.

6. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    I don't know if Voija would want to play with me. I am a power gamer witch is typically only about || That far from munchkin, and some people think powergaming is munchkin. And as GM, I have a tendancy to kill off players. I stopped using a screen cause nobody believed my rolls, basically always very high, often enough to do severe damage.

7. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Just as your intent when you RP isn't to go out and have ever stat maxed and it's more about acting out the character and senario, then it's cool.

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I hate it when you two talk dork and I can't participate because I don't speak that dialect. Grrrrr, must learn...

9. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    ::pats Dajuan on the head::

You will learn... in time...

10. PrincessArwen

PrincessArwen Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2004
    Voija, why did ya call me a munchkin? I wasnt scrutinizing(bad spelling) or anything was i? I sure didnt mean it if it sounded that way.

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    PA he wasn't calling you that. He was advising you not to take up that sort of D&D philosophy. Apparently Munchkin's are annoying and not fun to play with, sowe want to keep you user friendly so maybe we can all get together and play the Star Wars version. Savvy?

Don't take Jon the wrong way, some times he comes off a bit harsher that he really is. Because really, he's a great guy. :)

12. Princess_Robin

Princess_Robin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    munkins annoy the heck out of me but at the same time so do powergamers....*sigh* but I can't say much about that seeing as that my boyfriend has a tendency to do both...grrrrr

and speaking of Munkin has any of y'all ever played the card game?? actually rather fun. ^_^

13. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I've seen the card game, but I've sword off all card games so I haven't picked it up.

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    You swore off card games? I though you were all for SWCCG?

15. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    That's the only one I haven't. But it's so dead around here it doesn't really matter. And I'm not sure if I'll ever see my decks again now.

Damn OPPM!

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Keep getting by the oppm bug huh?

17. PrincessArwen

PrincessArwen Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2004
    Oh wow! Dont I feel very stupid, ahh well. Hoom, cards run in my family's blood, lol. My grandma was an awsome card-player. Have any of you guys ever played/heard of the card game Egyptian Rat Screw?(it's also known as Egyptian Rat Slap, I think.) Fun game, we play it all of the time at play rehearsles. Oh and by the way....

HAPPY EASTER EVERYBODY!!!!!!!*throws Easter eggs at everybody* teehee!

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh yeah happy Easter! Don't eat too much candy.

19. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Yes. I love Egyptian Rat Screw. It's one of my 2 favourite (non-CCG) card games. That and Spoons.

we play it all of the time at play rehearsles

Rehearsals for what?

20. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Man ERS is amazing, me and a group of friends used to be awesome at that game. To the point of everybody knowing where the pairs were coming up at so everybody would slap before the cards were even down.

Voija, what do you mean you doubt you'll ever see your cards again?

21. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I let my girlfriend borrow them. We then broke up. We were still kind of friends but I have a feeling now that she found out that I have a new girlfriend, she will never want to speak to me again or give me my cards back.

Which is sad consdering she has about $500 worth of them.

22. Princess_Robin

Princess_Robin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    Egypn Rat Screw (or as me and Tabee call it Rats) has cause more than should be allowed in enjuries during Highschool...band and afterschool mostly...

now that I think about it so has Spoons....

23. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Try playing spoons without having any spoons around and being forced to use something else.... like knives.....

24. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    i have never played either of those games, what are they i guess?

25. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Spoons: Everyone sits in a circle and is dealt 4 cards. In the center of the circle, there are a number of spoons that's one less than the number of players. The person at the beginning of the circle has the rest of the deck. He draws a card, decides to keep it or not. If he keeps it, he must toss out another card. If not, he just passes it on. Everyone, as cards are passed to them does the same thing. You may only have 4 cards at a time.

The objective is to get all of one kind of card (for example, all 4 jacks). When someone does, they grab a spoon out of the center. Immediately everyone else grabs for the spoons. Whoever doesn't get one, get's a letter. When that person spells "SPOON" they are removed from the game along with one of the spoons. The game continues until there are only two people left (you can play it to one, but then it's just about who gets the 4 cards first).

The game becomes difficult while trying to watch your cards, pass everything, remember what's already been passed, and pay attention to how many spoons there are. Lots of fun.

I'll let someone else explain Egyptian Rat Screw.

Anyone know the game mighty mao?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.