main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

That Clone with no ship in the Opening Space battle

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by FifthofObi, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FifthofObi

FifthofObi Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2004
    His ship gets blasted and ya see him hurling through space along with a bunch of debris if you look closley. Could he have lived? He looked to be in good shape and normal actually and I have never really seen lack of oxygyn in space ever kill anyone in a SW movie as of yet. There were so many ships orund on both sides Im sure he would have landed up against one and had a chance to possibly get on board. If oxygey was an issue perhaps the clones have a bit of air inside their helmuts anyway? Do pilot clones have little parachutes in the suits to slow them down while being hurled through space or in case of a crash landing for that matter? He may have had an ejection seat button he pushed and thats why he looked fine and in one piece.

2. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    Yes, he's dead. Just like the unfortunate TIE pilot that got blasted out into an asteroid field in ESB.

EDIT--Besides, Newtonian laws of physics dictate that no parachute could have slowed him down. There is no AIR in space to be caught in the chute.

3. sithjoe

sithjoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 13, 2002
    I'd say he was either killed in an explosion from one of the ships, or else died of cold etc. He was only a Clone, they follow orders and don't seem to have feelings or conscience. Except for maybe Cody's crew!!

4. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I smell a poll: Did Corpsey the Clone Pilot die?

5. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    He's dead. I read somewhere that it was an omage to the TIE
    scene in TESB.

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The concussion of the blast killed him, before he got out of the ship. The decompression would've destroyed his remains. His suit was designed for deep space survival.

7. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Also, don't forget that he technically wasn't in space. They were just on the outer atmosphere of Coruscant. The air would have been thin, but there was oxygen. That's why we saw little fires and vapor trails during the firefight. If the cloney had lived, he would have burned up as he plumeted toward the ground.

8. UltIMatEEviL

UltIMatEEviL Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    1 less clone to kill the jedi in my opinion...

9. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Yeah, he's dead. I believe he was the clone pilot that Anakin wanted to help out. I could be wrong.

10. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Yet another careless PLOT HOLE from GL. :p

11. UltIMatEEviL

UltIMatEEviL Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    anakin wanted to help because he knew that clone would kill lots of jedi, omg he had prior knowledge

(or not)

:p

12. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    well his helmet could've automatically sealed and he looked in pretty good condition,from the outside that is(no broken limbs:p )but who knows what could've happened inside,and the material that the suit is made out of could've protected him from the shock, there where enough ships around for one of them to pick him up.so............[face_thinking]

i'd give him a 50/50 chance of survival.[face_dancing]

13. Imperial_Hunter

Imperial_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2002
    Was that Oddball?

Either way, if the pilot's suits (like the Rebel and Imperial ones) were designed with a small oxygen supply AND the suit isn't compromised, I suppose a pilot that ejected/got blasted out of his ship in one piece might have a slim chance of survival until rescued...or the oxygen ran out!

14. MasterlessPadawan-K9

MasterlessPadawan-K9 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2005
    Well, in the databank entry at www.starwars.com, it says that the Clones helmets and suits at the time of RotS were desighned to give them a slim chance of survival should they be shot down in space. And since they're in the upper atmosphere, he would've had better odds.

However, I'd say he's dead. Since a war deciding battle was goin' on, I doubt picking up shot down pilots would be that high a priorety.

15. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    Besides, even if he did manage to survive the initial explosion, he would've been either torn to shreds by the ship's flaming debris, vaporized by a turbolaser blast, or would've smacked into the broadside of a capital ship. HE'S DEAD!

16. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/commandercody/img/movie_bg.jpg]

Yes that other clone is dead...

17. Warsie

Warsie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2005
    He likely survived. Like at Endor, there were likely acts of extreme bravery,like people going out in battle to save ejected pilots and save ship crews. He was probably picked up before he burned up in the atmosphere

18. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    I was gonna say that.

19. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    He's flailing like he's dead.
    BUT. One of his squadmates could have called for EV (extravehicular) support to pick him up.

20. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    He'll live the same way R4-P17 will live.

The EU will save him!:p

21. Darth_Solomanche66

Darth_Solomanche66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    no doubt of it

22. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    McCallum played that clone, didn't he?

Clones - they are played
    /LM

23. TopSpeeD

TopSpeeD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2005
    Thats not the clone Anakin wanted to help..that clone was burned inside his Arc-fighter ..poor clone

24. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Actually, that wasn't confirmed, really.
    All we see is an explosion and the fighter spinning out of control with an engine on fire.
    He could have punched out or he could have shut down the engine and regained control.

25. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Perhaps that's what Anakin meant in AOTC when he said he would stop people from dying. He didn't really want to turn to the darkside, he just wanted to become an EU author.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.