main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

That Explains The Whole Purple Lightsaber Thing

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    On the AOTC promo commercials, the captions on Anakin and Obi-Wan's personal commercials use "Crystal Lightsaber(s)." On Mace Windu's, however, the caption reads "Electrum Lightsaber." I honestly don't know what the difference is (I thought all sabers were made using Agedan crystals), but apparently there is one now. My theory is that it is just something GL is using to cover his a$$ to explain the purple blade within the context of the SW universe.

2. DarthPoke-G

DarthPoke-G Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    I always thought blade color was dependent on the crystal's color. If that's true, then a lightsaber could be any color the crystals are.

As for this "new" lightsaber, maybye its just wired differently or something. Or maybye I'm just sounding like an idiot cause I don't know enough about lightsabers.

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I have since found more about Electrum sabers. It doensn't refer to the blade, but the hilt. If you look at Mace's promo when he's in the arena, he has a golden hilt. This privilege is reserved for Council members only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.