main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST That final shot

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Bigger Fish, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MS1

MS1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I agree with everyone and seeing Luke, the acting, the simplicity of the location and the whole scene was really, really great. I kind of wish the space travel scene to get there was a little longer though and we also saw some incredible space vistas so that we had a better feel for both the distance and remoteness of where they traveled to.

I don't expect we will actually get to hear the very first words between Luke and Rey and the scene just leaves you hanging wondering what they will be. Without dialog you just can't tell if Luke is crazy with rage, gone mad, reached a point of enlightenment, trapped, not wanting to be found, overjoyed for seeing his daughter for the first time etc. So many possible emotions and between now and EP8 you can wake up every day with a different impression that what state he is in. I don't even know if a cliffhanger is a correct description as I can't think if any other movie that has tied the ending in so well making the next movie essential viewing.

I doubt that it was intensional but that very fact that everything on the island was build of stacked stones really resonated to Luke stacking stones with Yoda in ESB and would be something a force user would do in solitude which I also really liked. As well as having Luke, who grew up in the desert being surrounded by water.

2. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    While I was disappointed with the soundtrack as a whole after my first viewing, I absolutely loved "Jedi Steps." That was one theme from the trailers that had me hooked, and we were finally rewarded with it at the very end of the film. Here's to hoping we get "theme and variations" on it during Rey's training and future Jedi action in 8 & 9...

I'm going for a second viewing tomorrow. Hopefully I'll pick up on more of the musical themes now that I've heard them before. :)

Bigger Fish likes this.
  3. MingLives

MingLives Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    wrong thread, sorry

4. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I always wanted to know what Peter Jackson's Star Wars would look like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.