main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW That Haggis Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TheOzhaggis, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    Well, uh, I considered the single malt to be mandatory.

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Mandatory it is!

If I get those glasses, I'll even bring them along.

I found someone selling the actual props btw, damn expensive, but I'm seriously thinking about it.

3. JediMasterKieca

JediMasterKieca Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    To all those people who have told me off for not seeing Bladerunner: HA! I smite thee!

I held out and shall now have the pleasure of a big screen first viewing.

4. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    We studied the DC. Conclusion, nope, but we were encouraged to discuss the decision in leaving it ambiguous. Mind you we weren't studying the text alone, we were comparing it to "Brave New World" by Aldoux Huxley. It was for the topic "In the wild", we were basically showing how the environments, and lifestyles whilst completely different, were similar...or something, bah that was a year and a half ago.

5. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I'd definitely be in for that Drew! I have only seen it once many years ago and it was memorable, love to see it properly and in it's full glory.

6. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    go and see it with u? Maybe....but im sure as hell not payng MORE thana standard ticket! Sorry guys, I have seen this film several times and dont like it.

however u will all be encouraged to know that u arent the onl group of friends who give me grief over this; Mel and the people from the Buffy set that i see every week think Im insane.

7. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I think I remember convincing you to come if I paid for your ticket, so I'll do that.

C'mon dude! You need to see this on the big screen.

8. Darth_Berserker

Darth_Berserker Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    hmmm my dads favorite film is blade runner, ive seen it before but i think it was directors cut so...

9. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Ok, turns out there are no plans at all for any cinema to screen Blade Runner.

However, I have managed to organise a one off screening at Fox Studios Director's Lounge, I'll post more details closer to the date.

10. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Absolutely!

If I can I'll most definetly be up for this meet. And yes a Single Malt is Mandatory! :cool:

I wonder if the US will get the DVD release before us? In which case I'll be ordering it from Amazon. Hopefully it'll be worldwide and the same packaging and everything. I find that some Australian releases have really crap packaging compared to there R1 counterparts.

11. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Early casting rumour from the same source that broke early news on Brandon Routh as Superman.

The Joker in the next Batman film has rumoured to be cast:

Heath Ledger.

I have previously stated it seemed Nolan could do no wrong with this new franchise. I stand corrected.

12. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Well it's still just a rumour, we're going to have to wait for confirmation.

I'm not questioning Heath Ledger's acting ability in taking on the role. Personally, though, I just don't think he looks right for the part. I imagined someone like Steve Buscemi, a kind of thin, gaunt face with a twisted smile from The Killing Joke.

13. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Yeah, he would have been cool. Christopher Eccleston was also a rumour, he would have been brilliant.

Anyone but this ....person.

14. Ayla_Kenobi

Ayla_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    If Heather ledger *shutters* is the joker, then I won't be watching the movie.

15. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Neither will I.

16. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Really? That's a bold statement, boycotting a movie because of a casting choice.

17. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Pfft.

Curiosity alone will get you into theatres, on top of how great the first picture was. Casting choice shouldn't even come into play.

Lachy Hulme for the joker, but if Heath Ledger is as close as we'll get to Lachy Hulme, then so be it. I can kinda of see him as the Joker. I dont NOT want to see Crispin Glover in the role. Nor anybody else who would be very very very typical joker. In all honesty, do we even know how the joker will be portrayed in the sequel. Sure there will be elements of the classic character, but im not to sure if green hair or white face will be included! I want a dark and sinister loony who builds up a small theiving mob. Dark and twisted. Not somebody prancing round in a purple suit with the classic Nicholson attitude towards the character.

In Other news:

18. TMNT - The Turtles are back. YAY! This CGI franchise reboot looks fun! Whilst im not a big fan of the new designs of the turtles, it looks promising. Good to see them back! Teaser trailer can be found here!

19. Children of Men - Alfonso Cuaron (Y Tu Mama Tabien, Prisoner of Azkaban) next film, "Children of Men" shows an apocolyptic society with a difference. Women have become unfurtile, meaning the human race will die out within 100 years. This trailer looks fantastic, and I dont have enough good words to say how interesting this film looks! Check it out here!

21. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Especially being that ****. I refuse to give one cent to that arrogant stuck up little ****

Wow, how... innaccurate.

Cast has nothing to do with it? that's like saying the ingredients have nothing to do with the dish.

22. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Not the whole dish tho. Casting is like one ingredient. Its like eating a Salad, just because you don't like tomato, chances are you'll just leave the tomato untouched. (bring on more food analogies. Its almost lunch time!)

Im actually quite suprised you've taken this attitude towards this rumor. You rated Begins big time, but the moment you hear that an actor whos real life personality your not a fan of, not his on screen performance which will be key in selling the character, and your suddenly turned off the project. Ye of little faith!

23. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Some people are allergic to peanuts. Add peanuts to a dish, no matter hwat else is in it, and they won't be able to eat it.

Ledger is the kind of peanut I am allergic to.

I hate his "acting" I hate his personality and I hate him.

I will not spend one cent on anything he has anything at all to do with.

Yes, it's a striong reaction, but that's how I feel. He's a total waste of oxygen and something that's probably best treated with a large iron bar to the head.

24. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Ahaha that was an awesome analogy :) Go Peanuts!

Yeah understandable. I really don't mind who gets the role, as long as it isn't Crispin Glover. Even if they do cast him, ill still see the film, I just think it will be an uninspired choice.

In all honesty, I think people are going to dislike the way they go about the joker (unless they go all out classic) rather than the actor portraying that character

25. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Well, they aren't going to go all out classic. Last I heard there wasn't even going to be a white face or green lips.

26. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Hence why im open to anybody in the role. No expectations to fill.

27. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    The only expectation I had was a decent actor and a person who doesn't make me want to vomit whenever I see him.

28. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    [image=http://www.nowtoronto.com/minisites/tiff/2005/starwatch/sw2.jpg] [image=http://www.vh1.com/shared/media/images/movies/people/l/ledger_heath/150x223.jpg] [image=http://www.free-hp.com/userdaten/65103809/bilder/heath.jpg]

Step into Zoolander's world and prepare to have the body of a super-model! :D

(Sith's going to thank me for this, I just know it.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.