main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW That Haggis Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TheOzhaggis, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000
    Just to play devil's haggis for a second ... isn't there always the possibility (however slight) that the right script and director might just push Heath Ledger to start punching above his weight ... ?

After all, if Paul Thomas Anderson can get a good dramatic performance out of Adam Sandler (Punch Drunk Love), surely anything is possible ...

If ... IF ... the rumour is true, can't we at least first hope and pray that Nolan does for Ledger what Anderson did for Sandler?

And then crucify him afterwards if he fails.

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I will admit. A large problem I have with him is personal.

At least if this is true, I can tell myself I once decked the Joker.

He's still a completely crap actor and if Nolan can get any good out of him, it'll be because Nolan is a great director, not because Ledger rates as an actor.

3. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

So if he doesn't get the role, you're stuck with telling yourself you once decked a gay cowboy ?

:)

4. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
  5. Darth_Punk

Darth_Punk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    If you have really decked Heath Ledger then you have gone up in my books.

Can I introduce you to Hugh Grant sometime.

6. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    You certainly can, I'd love to meet him but I think I'd dissapoint you if you thought he'd get the same treatment.

Unless of course, he was as much an idiot as Ledger was.

Anyway, it's official now. Ledger will play the Joker.

Not that I'll see it.

7. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Sources? Not that I dont believe you, but I haven't read any confirmation anywhere!

Awww come on, so your telling me, that if Legder is awesome, and they pull it off extremely well, you still won't see it? Even if its like the world's greatest movie?

8. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Sources? You have access to the same internet I do. Go and google "batman on film" just for a start.

And yes, yes, a million times yes. Pay attention now, because I will say this one more time: I will not see this film because of Heath Ledger.

If you ask again, please refer to this post.

9. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    After reading and reading about Ledger being Joker (until I see an official press release or something from WB, I won't agree that its been confirmed, but 1000000000000 billion 'trusted sources' can't be wrong) Im going to be honest here. Im excited. After talking with my friends, I seem to be the only one who has faith in this decision. Im just happy in knowing that i'm going to be able to walk into the movie theatre and see an entirely different character.

Oh.

and not see Crispin Glover in the role.

10. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Hang on, didn't you say,

So why would you not want to see Crispin Glover?

11. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I don't herald Ledger as the next Marlon Brando or anything but I think it's a good casting choice (if officially confirmed).

p.s. I once bumped into Goldie Hawn in India and Jamiroquai (or however you spell it) asked me if I had any 'pills' in a nightclub. That's the length and bredth of my celebrity exposure.

12. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh I'd still see it if Crispin Glover was chosen. I just think it would be a very uninspired choice. That guy pretty much plays the 'classic' Joker in real life.

13. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

I saw Jade Hurley joining my local video store.

And saw Super Hubert "running" across the crossing in the main street, in costume.

:)

14. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    u know i only have what i would call a Hatred for any celelbrity with one: Macy Grey I think is a waste of air in every possible walk of life.

And yet Ive seen Spiderman many many times.

Sometimes u just have to build a bridge

15. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    And sometimes you're entitled to your opinion and to honour any previous statement about not ever seeing something someone is in, for whatever reason.

Craig, I'm sorry, when did you meet Macy Gray? What did she do to you?

Besides, that's not really a relevant example. She's in the film for maybe 10 seconds, I'm sure your feelings would be very different if she was the Green Goblin.

16. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
  17. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    With all the Bat-talk of late, I forgot to mention my reaction to the recent titbits of TMNT news! :eek:

The trailer is NICE! Again, taking a leaf from the comic-book's Daredevil origin, the visuals for New York look very much like the Daredevil movie. I'm not overly impressed with the character designs (they look kind of skinny, and for some reason I expected their masks to be sans pupils), but I love the fluidity of their motion.

A Japanese-American actor was slated to voice Splinter, unfortunately though he passed away last week before recording his dialogue. No announcements on who will voice the TMNT, all we know it that they're steering away from well-known actors.

Looking forward to this flick. Methinks it'll be my Superman Returns of 2007. :)

EDIT: Simpsons Movie footage! Here & here

18. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Wow, I laughed at the Simpsons things from Comicon! It looks great. The episode on Tuesday (where Homer goes to India) was actually pretty funny! Richard Dean Anderson was great!

Oh, and am I the only one who wants to see another Live Action Turtles flick if this one is successful ?? :)

19. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

They looked a little more like frogs to my eyes.

20. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    they were a tad skinny, but overall I liked the design. Turtles RULE!

21. Darth_Berserker

Darth_Berserker Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    anyone know who will be the villian in the new TMNT, because i heard shreder wont be in it

22. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000
    Don't know how reliable this is, so take with a dose of salt (but since it could contain spoileriness, htr) ...

After the defeat of their old arch nemesis, The Shredder, the Turtles have grown apart as a family. Struggling to keep them together, their rat sensei, Master Splinter, becomes worried when strange things begin to brew in New York City. Tech-industrialist Max Winters is amassing an army of ancient monsters to apparently take over the world. And only one super-ninja fighting team can stop them-those heroes in a half shell-Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael! With the help of old allies April O'Neil and Casey Jones, the Turtles are in for the fight of their lives as they once again must face the mysterious Foot Clan, who have put their own ninja skills behind Winters' endeavors."

23. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    It's official.

RE: TMNT. This movie is said to be a quasi-sequel to the earlier films much like Superman Returns is to the Salkinds productions.

24. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    The fact that Ledger has been confirmed will just give this movie extra cause to fail as most sequels do. :p

The Dark Knight eh? I realise they are trying to create a closer tie-in with the comics, but can't we at least have 'Batman' in the title?

25. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    i think people will still grasp what it is...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.