FF:NSW That Haggis Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TheOzhaggis, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoot Force Ghost

star 4
    =D= Fantastic news. Great title.

Any negativity this far out is extremely irrational. Have faith :)
  2. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    And sure enough:

Someday, you guys will just learn to trust me ;)

Do I have to use peanut analogies again? It's Heath ****ing Ledger. Won't see it.
  3. Scoot Force Ghost

star 4
    So ur the secret source that leaked both this casting and Brandon Routh casting to Latino Review? :rolleyes:

It was just a general comment. Ive basically read nothing but nervousness and hesitation of this casting, all over the net. Yeah, I get you don't like him, and I'm not saying anything for or against your opinion of Heath Ledger I just find it somewhat interesting that you do a complete 180 on this franchise because of it. But thats just me, and my thoughts. End of story.

4. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Now where did I claim that? Grow up. I'm merely saying I don't wait for the news to appear on "Ain't it cool".

I did the same thing when I heard about Catwoman, not the casting, but with things like the character background, plot and the fact she was to get superpowers.

Sometimes you hear about something, and you just know it's going to be crap.

And I say that in full realisation there are some people out there who liked the film, the same way I realise some people will actually enjoy Ledger as the Joker.

I won't, but that's just me, and my thoughts. End of story.
  5. The_Scream_Man Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ok, Im preemptively heading this off at the pass. We all know where Drew Stands on the ledger thing. Any comments regarding Ledger as Joker and the negativeity that surrounds it across the web are to be hereby takenm as a general opinion, and not those of a specific fanforcer.
  6. Scoot Force Ghost

star 4
    some people LIKED Catwoman?

Yeah yeah Craig, understandable. Didn't mean to directly dig. Sorry all.
  7. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Amazingly, yes. There were some who were even going so far as to suggest anyone not liking the film was being racist.
  8. Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I actually wanted to see "The Dark Knight" as the title for "Batman Begins". WB should have re-booted the franchise under a totally new banner, just about every casual filmgoer I know thinks Nolan's movies are part of the Burton/Schumacher story. :(
  9. Scoot Force Ghost

star 4
    Lets hope that WB don't wuss out on that title like Sony did for Spider-man 2. The Amazing Spider-man would have been a fantastic title!

Edit - Hold that thought, My movie ticket stub for Spider-man 2 actually had "The Amazing Spider-man" on it - They Should have kept that title!

[image=http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/8559/img001bf6.jpg]
  10. LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, you kept the ticket stub?

I haven't done that since I saw E.T.
  11. Scoot Force Ghost

star 4
    I have every stub since around 2001 (the year, not the movie :p ), which has been accumulating to a very nice wad of stubs.

Im jealous of your E.T. ticket stub. Very. Dam being born 4 years late (20th anniversary rerelease doesn't count!)
  12. Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  13. Darth_Berserker Jedi Master

star 3
    the trailer for saw 3 is now online, the first one was amazing, the second was just brillaint, i cant wait for the third

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/49156/Saw_3_Trailer.html
  14. TheOzhaggis Force Ghost

star 5

According to KongIsKing.net, a spy from New Line Cinema has revealed that THE HOBBIT is on their production list for next year ...

15. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Yep, but don't expect a reunion of the cast and crew from LotR.

The same copyright holder issues that have kept it from production also mean that the same designs etc may not be able to be used for The Hobbit.

At this stage, it's not even certain New Line will be backing it, or if Peter Jackson will be able to have anything to do with it. That's to say nothing of Sir Ian Holm or Ian McKellan reprising their roles.
  16. TheOzhaggis Force Ghost

star 5

But a boy can dream.

Besides, I have no trouble with a new, independent production of The Hobbit - as long as it's good.

There is enough room in the world for Burton's Batman and Nolan's Batman. As long as we get Burton or Nolan's Hobbitt, and not Schumacher's Hobbit, I'll be happy.

17. Scoot Force Ghost

star 4
    Apparantly MGM announced it as one of its tentpole flicks coming soon. From what ive read, MGM own some rights and New Line own some others, or something. Its all too confusing. While the flick provides nothing more to me than 'some interest', like Lord of the Rings, it would prefer to see it done by the same people as Jackson's LOTR trilogy. That said, if somebody were to come and do what Alfonso Cuaron did for the Harry Potter series, I wouldn't mind that either!
  18. Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I geeked out over this one.

Superman II: The Donner Cut

Sure we've known about this being in the works for yonks, but to actually see a release date and a list of features is like having the reality of it set in. Each of the Reeve flicks is getting a deluxe release (yes, even 3 & 4), and there's going to be a 13 disc box set that will include Superman Returns. Personally, I'd rather the box set leave out Superman Returns, I'd just want to keep all of Mr Reeve's movies on their own.

Looks like I'll be selling my current Superman box set at the next Skyforce. :)
  19. The_Scream_Man Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ill get the new version of 2 and SR seperately methinks.
  20. The_Scream_Man Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ads for Eragon are starting to be seen around, which is awesome. based on the Chris Paolini book. i really like both it and its sequal, with a third book on the way. Hopefully soon!
  21. TheOzhaggis Force Ghost

star 5

After Spiderman 3, Sam Raimi is apparently going to direct a live-action version of Terry Pratchett's WEE FREE MEN!

And since Sony has bought the rights to all of Pratchett's "Tiffany Aching" books -- Wee Free Men, Hat Full of Sky, and the new book, Wintersmith -- we might well get the whole trilogy ...

22. Scoot Force Ghost

star 4
    Ironman will be played by.....

Robert Downey Jr.

Good choice.
  23. The_Scream_Man Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  24. Scoot Force Ghost

star 4
    If Favreau plays this film out with lots of emphasis on Tony Starks drinking problems etc, which Downey Jr has personal experience with, we could be in for a well-acted Marvel movie.

He was awesome in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and I'm keen to see him in A Scanner Darkly.

Its a strange choice, considering im sure the studio's are hoping for Ironman to be a tentpole flick for 2008, but if Downey Jr can bring some actual acting to the role, and Favreau can hold up the action part, should be a decent flick. That said, I think marvel are really starting to hit the edge of their 'A' class heroes. I know fairly little about Ironman, so I guess the film will be something completey new, but, since X-men hit at the box office, Marvel seem to have thought that every single license can and will be adapted to the big screen.
  25. The_Scream_Man Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    downey Jr is a solid actor, though not outstanding in anything iv seen (Though i havenmt seen Kiss Kiss bang Bang to be fair) but hes nothing like Tony Stark. U need a younger Timothy dalton, or roger Moore or something. a Young Pierce brosnon. Basically, anyone who could be James Bond could be Tony Stark. can u see RDJ as James Bond?

the drinking Problem thing apparently wont come up at all in the first film.

Its not a deal breaker for me, but i feel more nervous than before
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.