main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW That Haggis Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TheOzhaggis, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Two interesting (IMHO) bits of Ridley Scott news I just came across:

* First, kinda interesting, is that Ridley Scott & Russell Crowe are going to make a Robin Hood movie -- but this time they are doing an alternate universe version, called "Nottingham", which presents the Sheriff of Nottingham as the good guy battling an evil king and forest-dwelling terrorists or such ...

* Much more interesting, and probably no news to uber-fans, is that Ridley Scott has apparently shot some new scenes for the uber-edition Bladerunner dvd. So far it's been confirmed that Joanna Cassidy (Zhora) has shot some entirely new scenes for the dvd. It's not clear what the scenes are, or how they'll be used (edited in? standalone?)

2. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    I read this too, this is great news! If only for the knowledge that SOMETHING is being worked on for the DVD. Perhaps this is for the new DVD version?

3. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000
    Some (Batman:) THE DARK KNIGHT news (for the non-fanboys that don't already know, if they exist ;) )...

WB have a teaser website with the new logo:
    http://thedarkknight.warnerbros.com/

some trivia (not nearly exhaustive):

* Filming has begun.

* Eric Roberts (currently being a villain in HEROES) has been cast as a mafiosa.

* Maggie Gyllenhaal has replaced Katie Holmes (oh bugger), and has a larger role. (The oddity of having Rachel played by the sister of the Joker's lover ... )

* As we saw in Batman Begins, the Joker is already the Joker. He'll have the purple suit, but only his face will be white ... does this mean the white face is make-up? (the reverse of Burton's joker?)

* Gordon is back, but doesn't share much screen time with Batman (about 5 scenes, from all reports).

* There is rumour of a new Batmobile, and maybe even a Batcycle (though probably with a slightly cooler name...)

There's actually a lot of news out there about TDK, but that's probably enough gushing for one post.

4. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    -Maria Bello is replacing Rachel Weiez for the Mummy 3. She will be playing the same character, wife to Brendon Fraiser's Rick O Connel who is also reprising the role. Apparanly the O Connel's and their grown up son will be heading to China and facing a shapeshifting Mummy (Jet Li!).

What else... hmm

- Tim Roth will be playing Abomination in "The Incredible Hulk"
    - ILM is doing the effects on "Iron Man"

5. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Tintin fans rejoice/cringe.

6. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    if it was anyone else Id think it was a bad idea.

Sicne its jackson and Spielberg I merely find it worrying, with an underlying small glimemr of hope

7. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
  8. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000
    I thought you beat me to it, Scoot ...

Ledger's Joker...?

(EDIT: Give it about 30s to show)

9. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

There's also a RAMBO IV trailer online (but like the new Rocky movie, it's just called "JOHN RAMBO") -- but it's got some pretty intense R-rated violence, so I don't think I'm allowed to link to it in these forums ... ?
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think Stallone has tried to Rocky Balboa the Rambo franchise, but the trailer doesn't look nearly as interesting as the Balboa one. Just looks like Rambo IV. This time Rambo vs Burma.

Almost tempted to see it for Julie Benz.
    But not quite.

10. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Definetly some nice windshield splatter in that Rambo trailer!

Awesome marketing campaign by Warner Bros. If your not aware, you had to sign up which would give you a set of instructions which would reveal one pixel on that Joker picture. ALot of people must of done this over nite, this was only put up yesterday at some point. Ahh the Internet.

I like the look of Ledgers joker, the mouth scarring looks insane!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.