main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson That time of year

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by firstsonofsolo, May 18, 2007.

1. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Exactly attractive advertising for other boards.....

Either Dustin or Michelle very good question that I too wouldlike to know!

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Please note this has NOTHING to do with the past CR.

Expectations/Improvements/Changes: (I do understand these are absurd qualifications, we are all human with lives and responsibilities outside the TFF)

Ability to be completely definitive, unbiased, and open-minded in making decisions that are best for the group or it's immediate goal and not any or one person or idea.

Problem solver. intermediary. Someone willing to do what must be done regarding internal and external disputes.

Straight clear communication with the group (gets right to the point, regardless of hurt feelings, as to not foster any misunderstanding). Ability to pass on information accurately and clearly.

Regardless of personal view, willing to do what the group wants as a whole even if it's not what the CR wants.

Ability to be the definitive voice of the TFF to the public and other organizations.

Someone that can see ahead past their term to the future.

Leadership ability with a stern voice and unwavering dedication. Roll model and Inspiration the group to be their best.

Willing have fun with the position and not make it a stress. Someone that understands this is a voluntary group and it's for fun and charity, not personal gain, ego trip, or accolades.

MY MOST IMPORTANT trait I'd like to see: Selflessness.

Edit: for spelling

3. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Wow now I dont feel under the gun at all hahaha NO in all seriousness that ISwhat is expected out of any CR.

Does anyone else have anything they would like to share? I see the same people posting in this thread.......

4. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005

5. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    It was hard to read so I'm reposting this post.

Ability to be completely definitive, unbiased, and open-minded in making decisions that are best for the group or it's immediate goal and not any or one person or idea.

I also personally believethis is a key to a good CR, and leader as whole. After all if the members aren/t happy, the fan force doesn't thrive. I think it is doing well, but has yet to reach the thriving status of some other fan forces.

Problem solver. intermediary. Someone willing to do what must be done regarding internal and external disputes.

I do this everyday at work. I problem solve and preserve the peace more than arrest people for an offense. I beleive I have the qualififcatins necessary to listen to both sides unbiased, weight the comments, evidence, and make suggestions or decions that would benefit everyone.

Straight clear communication with the group (gets right to the point, regardless of hurt feelings, as to not foster any misunderstanding). Ability to pass on information accurately and clearly.

Even though I would happily mediate, I also feel the position of the CR is to make decisions for the benefit of the group, even though it may, and probably will, not please everyone. You can't pleasd 100% of the people 100% of the time, but beleive me any decisions made will have the best interests of the fan force at heart, and would never do anyhting personally to alienate anyone.

Regardless of personal view, willing to do what the group wants as a whole even if it's not what the CR wants.

the majority rules! I dont have to agree, but honor the vote and opinion, and definetly do nto want to lose the faith of the group by doing something I know its opposed to.

Ability to be the definitive voice of the TFF to the public and other organizations.

I enjoy public speaking, and speak to schools, neighborhood associations, parent groups, even girl scout troops, so I have no problem in this area.

Someone that can see ahead past their term to the future.

This is my initiative, to make the fan force large enough and strong enough to live on past any of the current members.

Leadership ability with a stern voice and unwavering dedication. Roll model and Inspiration the group to be their best.

Besides family and work, the fan force would be one of my primary focuses. I already strive to be the best role model possible, for my children, my family, and relations. I speak to these community groups and vounteer for neighborhood watch and associatin meetings, to try and be that role model. I have also put in applications to becomse a School Resource officer, to hopefully become one to more kids.

In college I was also the president of the criminal justice club, organizing fund raisers, and trips, one of which included one to Disney World for the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences annual meeting.

I am also the Vice Presdent of our Non-Profit the Arizona Pku and Allied Disorders Network which help bring together families into a close knit community. This does not require alot of my time however sice Michele maintains the websight and much of the commuication.

Willing have fun with the position and not make it a stress. Someone that understands this is a voluntary group and it's for fun and charity, not personal gain, ego trip, or accolades.

Fun is one of my goals in the group as well. I think begin CR will be fun,and should be fun. I beleive I can handle stress effectively, (Ive been shot at), and wouldn't consider this a position of powers. it is a voluntary clb after all! If members arent having fun, I doint see how we would retain them , or obtain new ones.

6. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    thanks Damian!

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/Random%20TFF%20Pictures/nap.jpg]

7. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003

8. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I have a question for the candidates.

How much money do you think the Chapter Representative spends on average for TFF related expenses each month?

After you answer it I'd like cathiecat to respond with examples of what she has spent.

:)

9. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    that will take some thought, and Ill post my answer before the end of the day, Im running into briefing right now,

10. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Alot more than we know! In the beginning it was alot I think a couple hundred dollars a month! After ink, paper and laminates and not even including transportation I would say right now around $100 a month nowthis does NOT include costs of maintaining any websites. Alot of money is spent on "consumables" and a handful of one time expenses which may or may not come up to the new CR.

PS I still do not think we need a treasurer.........hehehe

11. KickingnScreaming

KickingnScreaming Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006
    I would like to voice an opinion on this question.

If we are talking about the CR (right now and beyond) isn't this a relative figure?

Other than paper products for buisness cards, flyers etc that are NEEDED, aren't all other cost TOTALLY dependent on how much the CR WANTS to spend. Granted, I don't know a lot about the position but what costs other than paper products are there?

Damian already takes care of the TFF website out of the goodness of his heart, so the CR doesn't cover that.

If there was anyone other than the two candidates already mentioned who wanted to run for the CR position, I would hate for them to read this post and be put off because it implys that there is great personal cost to them as CR.

12. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I know Cat has spent muich more money than most members realize, and it is all greatly appreciated. But the problem with this question is that it tries to make us forcast that amount which is truly impossible. I know Cat spent money on every event we held, but the amount varied from food at meetings on months where there were no events to much more, like the toy drive and food drive where we made posterboard banners using art supplies etc. The problem is that the money used changed per event. Id also like to point out that the money spent was all voluntary. No where in the TFF boards have I found anything that said a CR MUST spend money in the position.

However I know I will, and am willing to do it, funds permitting, there is no possible way to predict how much each month one would spend.

PS.......I still think we need a treasurer for the one purpose outlined in my above posts

13. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    money becomes an issue of doing what is right. If we promise to have snacks at an event or meeting then someone has to see to it that what was promised is there. I can not tell you the times I ran next door or sent Jake to a store to pick up food because someone forgot they were supposed to be bringing something. (this has not happened in a while, it has happened in the past, I am merely giving examples, not pointing fingers)

If the group votes to do something that costs money and when the money is collected there is not enough because members forget to turn in money.. someone has to make up the difference and on occasion that someone never gets paid back.

Every time we have charity drives we have costs for those drives... the set up, signs, markers, misc. whatever.. those things always have to be paid for.. they don't magically show up out of thin air.

now then.. I am not bringing this up to complain.. I am bringing it up because it was mentioned.. please know that as CR unless you plan on getting other members to foot the bill for these expenses you will be paying them out of your own pocket each month.. and they may not seem like much to you.. but believe me.. they add up to a lot.. I never saved receipts, and Jake is upset with me for not saving receipts.. but I never took on the job of CR to do that..

Speaking of....to be honest I accepted the job of CR because I thought I was going to be in a nice group of fun loving Star Wars people that wanted to get together to enjoy movies, games, book clubs, model making, prop building, fan fiction, various types of outings, each others company and the occasional grass roots organized charity drive, which is what most of the other Fan Force clubs are. Not the machine we have turned into.

I myself am looking for someone that can do what I failed to do.. which is get the fan force back on the right track to becoming what a fan force is supposed to be, I tried and was unable to get the point across of what Fan Force is.. Certainly we have a large influx of costumers in the Tucson Fan Force and as that is for our fan force it has to be a big part of what we do for fun. (though I wonder how much fun it is sometimes with all the dissention) however.. we have more members now, in fact there are enough members of this fan force now that want other things out of being in the fan force, we want things that we see other fan forces enjoying.. important to remember we the non costumers gave the costumers what they wanted, even those that were not costumers, made costumes to be sure we would have our numbers to fill what was needed for events and hold our own and make a good showing.. now we would like it if you would please give us the same respect.. we want activities and functions that do not involve costuming.. Please note.. this does not mean that if there is an activity going on and you are not interested in it you have to attend, you don't, nor should you, however you also should not say no, you can't have your event because we don't have the numbers to support said event, it only takes two or three people to have an activity, we don't need the whole fan force showing up to make an activity worth while. We started RPG with Mike, Kat, Myself, and John leading us. We have grown from there.. but I dare say Mike would say he loved it just as much when we were at our smallest. I know I would not care if we had a game night and only I showed up.. at least we had it and we advertised it and with time eventually people will show up.. how do you think we grew the group in the first place. When we first started it amounted to me going to coffee with JamesMorbidia. Then on another day I would meet Frankie and work on Props and Jake joined us. Then another time it was back to JamesMorbida, Jada and myself. You don't have to have a huge turnout of every single member to make something work, if you have one or two members willing to attempt an activity then you run with it and you don't have to shelve it because there isn't a large group of people wi

14. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Wow.:eek:

As someone who would qualify under the heading of "costumer", I am really curious as to what functions/activities/get-togethers that the costumers shot down and wouldn't let non-costumers do/attend/perform. I am also curious as to what kind of "props" "non-costumers" would want to build.

15. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Personally I disagree with you Cat. Yes we took on alot of cotuming events, but we never avertised ourselves as a costuming group, and the get togethers of fan force members outside of costumed events never stopped. Frank Damian and I met for lunch the other day, RPG has grown as you said, and I know you and Cheryl get together occasionanaly too, Frank and I were talking about getting together a movie night for Pirates, but because of C4 we postponed it, Maybe Transformers, then Fanboys, as a couple of examples. I never got the impression the non costumed events stopped, and we were anything other than a fan club that had events, a few of them required costumes for the extra attention and promotion. I also don't see why we absolutely have to follow some preconcieved model as to what a Fan Force should be. Why do we have to follow Dajuan's model if our Fan Force is active, fun, and members are enjoying themselves with the events we do have costumed or not? To me you are making it sound like the costumers have created some kind of clique and are opposing the non costumed. I jsut dont see this when we all still get together in social settings as friends for RPG, or just something as simple as lunch (for example).

I understand it strayed from your idea of what it should be, but in regards to your statement here:
    Speaking of....to be honest I accepted the job of CR because I thought I was going to be in a nice group of fun loving Star Wars people that wanted to get together to enjoy movies, games, book clubs, model making, prop building, fan fiction, various types of outings, each others company and the occasional grass roots organized charity drive, which is what most of the other Fan Force clubs are. Not the machine we have turned into.

How have we become a Machine? I cant agree since we acually have no costumed events onthe horizon for a couple of months or more. Yes last year was busy, but that as last year, and as we can already see, every year will bring different new events a schedules

Also, the feeling you projected was excitement when I brought vader to the group, and he was requested at every public event. Im personally kind of shocked at tthe sudden change in opionion abutt he direction of the group since, up until recently, you seemed to wholeheartedly support costumed events. .

I see the Fan Force as strong, flourishing, and we were all still friends and on good terms despite the occasional argument (which is bound to happen in any group with multiple opinions). I wouldnt want to be CR if it was not a fun group. I wouldn't want to be CR if someone came and told me, "you guys are doing it wrong this is how it should be," when we are all doing exactly what we want as a group, AND HAVING FUN DOING IT. I never got the impression costumed meembers were disprespecting other members.

Cat, a week ago you told me the Tucson Fan Force was an example to other Fan Forces. You're right we are not a costuming group and the members who are with us without costumes can testify to that (Amber,Michele,Vangarian,Timstephens etc.) If I am elected CR, I want to increase the fun social gatherings, but I also want to continue to be as strong in our Fan Force as we are now!

16. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Cat, I love you and have supported everything you stand for...but this I cannot... It really hurts my feelings that you would think things are as you say they are...look at our pics of past excursions...ask our members...they will tell you... I thought we WERE a fun loving and fruitfull fan group. I personally like all of our members, and we dont need costumes to do group activities....we have done TONS of things that was just us...we have pictures of them to prove it. Tombstone, Christmas Gift exchange, Movie nights, Order 66 meets, our Montly meetings...granted I cant go all the time because I work on Sat and Sundays...but Id like to be there, (and bring tacos for all to enjoy)..we have done eat outs..(remember IHOP?)road trips to Phx, needless to say we HAVE done non costumed events and we hope do do more, and more...I just dont understand where this is coming from. I love this group and the things that we do, the people in it, and our activities... we just have to sit back and reflect on the things that we have done and remember that they were FUN... Lets get this show on the road and become a powerhouse fun club....just like we had envisioned,...just like we ARE![:D]

17. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    OK here we go..........

Lets step back from this whole discussion for a moment.....

Lets look how it started. Hope asked a question, her question was aimed to let the candidates now what to expect to to convince myself to create an office of treasurer. Dustin is already on the thought of that so he needs no convincing.

Now lets look at both sides. We are the Tucson Fan Force The key word here is WE and yes we do public events IN COSTUME and yes we advertise this. There is nothing wrong with advertising it this way for publicity because it is a great way to advertise our group and get them to come see us.

What we lack is the ability to keep the people we attract by scaring them into thinking they must costume. No dont get upset I am not saying we do it this way but it is perception and really look at us from the outside looking in.

I got a chance to meet Dajuan last weekend and on a day that she herself was in costume....Wearing Star Wars pajamas and a pink bath robe that said "Robe Squadron" on the back. There is nothing wrong with costuming but it should not be the only direction we have which in many cases over the past few months WE all agree on If we didnt we wouldnt have a thread about it!!!!

We all want the same goal here as a group, we really do and if I am not mstaken that goal is growth and that is not going to happen by just doing costumed events but we know this and acknowledge it and thats where it starts.

I believe in the ned fighting about it is going to break us but finding a middle ground is not always easy especially in such a diverse group. Sometimes we all need to swallow a little bit of our pride and try something new. If it works great if not we still tried.

We as costumers ask and expect alot out of the group and really forget what the group does for us. I know I spent 13 hours in costume without a wrangler. That hurt! There is only one cotumer here that I know of that knows the consequences and the pains of sacrificing cotuming and that is Dustin.

The non costumers need to respect that we are the #1 advertising we have as agroup at least for the moment and when they are able to help us we very much appreciate the sacrifices they have and do give.
    Cat has really bitten her tongue on certain things that she felt strongly against or was wanting for that matter.

Simply put besides growth I think another drive we need is to find that middle ground or we will in fact fail because as a group and only as a group do we stand strong.

18. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Please correct me if I?m misinterpreting this, I'm looking for clarification.

Pertaining to the funds I believe she is trying to get across that the CR covers all the little things that get forgotten about or left behind in the shuffle. Basically taking care of the group behind the scenes in a way that is so transparent nobody even notices or sees it.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Cat is referring to the costuming functions take up more scheduling, meeting and discussion time and get more attention than anything else by far. Also costumed events are at best a secondary function of a Fan Force and not it's primary function. Thus in reference to costuming within a fan force its ill balanced.

As far as the machine goes. Again, I?m guessing it's the charity events? From her point of view that is so much in the forefront of the TFF that is almost a burden to plan and execute and not a fun relaxed TFF event.

Now this DOES come from me and I will back Cat up in that I have heard some members that did not want to do costumes but feel that they had to make costumes to fit in with the rest of the group. Also, I have heard from members that the planning and scheduling of costumed event take up most of a meeting, ill balanced. We have all seen potential members come to a meeting to never return because they were overwhelmed when we discussed costumed events. Maybe we need to plan costumed events separate from standard TFF meetings?

Some people went to RPG and never came back or attended a meeting and never came back.
    They may stay or leave for various reasons. It?s not all costuming but from observation it's a larger part in retaining members, acquiring new ones, or scaring them away. Like it or not costuming events have become a part of the TFF and, in my opinion, one of our stronger attributes in the community.

It's quite simple. Want to costume, do it. Don't want to do a costume, don't. This is all voluntary and for fun. If you your wear a Jedi robe, armor, or a t-shirt or never do an charity event at all does not change the fact that we are ALL part of the Tucson Fan Force and share a common interest.

Having said that I AM a costumer, and very proud of it. I?m also a fan of the non costume events and have taken part of those as well. There is a balance to be made here and it does not have to cause any issues in the TFF unless we as individuals within a larger group make it so. I personally think our diversity makes us stronger as a whole.

Now this is where I really piss some people off... Cat has obviously felt this way for some time; you can see it in her post. She "bit her tong" and did what she thought was best for the group as CR. She is entitled to her opinion (as we all are) and deserves our respect and support for being the elected CR for the last two years, doing what she thought was best for the group, and resurrecting the Tucson Fan Force regardless of how you feel about her previous post.

IMHO

19. KickingnScreaming

KickingnScreaming Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006
    Would it be more comfortable for those not interested in costumed events to discuss them at the end of the meetings? that way those not interested would not have to sit thru the discussion. follow ups could be done by the event coordinator or on the event thread?

It seems to me that if some members feel costuming is taking over the group (even if it is the minority) there should be definite steps taken to ensure that their feelings are considered. Having said that, members that feel that way should speak up and let their voices by heard. Having said that, [face_batting] those that voice their opinions and desires should feel safe in doing so without being attacked.

I don't think anyone is attacking anyone in this instance, I feel it is more people being shocked at a revelation and trying to understand it. I think the potential for turbulance is there if we don't take a second to step back from it.

20. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    all points are very valid. I agree with what everyone has said here...and I hope that this group will flourish and have the fun it is entitled to, because with all of our members...we can achieve a comprimise and have a spectacular time doing all things, costumed or no. I truly care about all of you, and the last thing I ever wanted to do is hurt someones feelings..I'd just like to see us be an unstoppable Fan Force group, with all our bases covered with everyone's feelings considered. Cat I am with you homegirl, and dont bite your toungue let it out for the world to hear! Thats why we are friends..to help one another. [face_flag]

21. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003

I really don't think any attacking was occurring, but unless we all keep an open mind and remember this is supposed to be fun any issues (regardless of what they are) can be resolved to accommodate all members wants and desires.

I do think things need to be discussed before the next election; it?s not fair to either candidate to have to deal with this if it?s not resolved before someone takes office. Both CR candidates want (as well as the rest of the group) new members. We need to get any issues and problems ironed out before we can accomplish that. It just does not look appealing or inviting to potential new members that come to a meeting or a function if petty squabbles are occurring or functions and events are not well balanced.

In the interest of being fair and open: So far we have only really heard from the costumers, unless you (people that want change) want to let things keep going as they have been you guys the disagree or want change have to speak up. The next CR won't know what is best for the group unless you voice your opinions. You can't complain after the fact if you don't say anything when you have the optimum chance.

Along the line a few people may disagree and get their feelings bruised. This is just the nature of a diverse democracy. You can?t please and accommodate everyone, but you can do what is best for the group as a whole. The next CR has a hard job ahead, it?s not a popularity contest and it?s not the office that garners the most admiration at times. But hard decisions need to be made to bring the TFF into 2008 and beyond.

22. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006

I'd like to clarify that. My question was not to convince FSOS that the TFF needs a Treasurer. While I happen to think the TFF does need a Treasurer to track expenses involved in running the club my question had another purpose. It was to enlighten both candidates that being CR brings about a great deal of hidden costs financially and time wise. And unless you've been in the position YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE IN FOR.

To the Treasurer issue though, you can have a Treasurer without charging dues. I happen to be against charging dues because of the implied culpability.

23. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005

24. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Okay.. first let me say.. I did not make my previous post to upset anyone.. I was just answering the question that was asked about finances.. and then I skipped down and was stating what I was looking for in a CR which had nothing to do with the finances question at all.. everyone else was saying what they wanted in a CR .. so I figured I would say what I wanted and why I wanted it.. I was not attempting to start a war or even an arguement.. I actually thought most people were already aware of how I felt about the non costuming activities... I even prefaced what I wrote by saying I was looking for a CR that could manage to accomplish what I as CR had Failed to do.. In any event.. I am going to expand a little bit.. as a few of you requested both in person and in posts.. hopefully this will clear up what I was saying.. if not .. please feel free to ask more questions if this does not answer them.. and yes Dustin you are right...I did say what I said last week about Fan Force being a model Fan Force.. We are a model Fan Force in that We rose up from the ashes, from nothing, we started with one and gathered up people and before long we had three, then four, ect, then we became a fairly decent sized group with organization and we conduct meetings and we have events and we are friends and overall we are a model.. however we still have a lot we could learn, a main thing being overall balance and attention to what all of our members want as a whole.. not just individually.. it has been mentioned that the non costumers are the minority.. but actually it is about equal.. we have just as many non costumers as we have costumers..In actuality the non costumers are not necessarily non-costumers they are just certain members of the group that do wish to do other activities in addition to the costuming.. and the number actually might surprise you how many of them there are.. off the top of my head I can think of at least nine individuals right off that have always said they wanted to do other stuff besides the costuming. So really there is no minority/majority.. it is pretty much just an equal group of fan force members that have a lot of diverse interest of which costuming is a huge part of for many of them. I think some might have misunderstood my post earlier and thought it meant let's stop costuming.. that as far as I can read is not what the post said, in fact it said that costuming would always be a major part of this particular fan force as so many in this group do in fact love costuming and that is just the way that it is... to go a step further it is just a very integral part of this group and I don't think anyone could take it away and have this group survive. I do however think this group is now strong enough to be able to do more diverse activities and grow stronger from it. We don't have to have every single member show up at every single activity that we do any longer. The time has come when members can pick and choose which activities they want to participate in and feel comfortable doing so. RPG is a perfect example of this.

For another example of explaining what outsiders and some members have seen of our fan force.. We have made a point of telling people at the start of meetings that the Fan Force is not a costuming group.. and why do we do that.. well.. that's because as soon as we tell them that the next thing we do is speak for the next two and a half hours about pretty much nothing but costuming and costuming events.. a pretty major contradiction. I have heard it said by a member that it is a choice that a member makes to create a costume if they feel they have to do that to belong..not something we make them do.. but it still

25. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Your big complaint is that we don't run a daycare center for members and babysit their kids during meetings?

Sorry, but I asked for ACTIVITIES, not a single activity.

"Meetings aren't fun for kids and teenagers." The monthly meetings ARE NOT MEANT to be fun for ANYBODY. Each monthly meeting is held to coordinate all of the FUN ACTIVITIES for the coming month. You can still enjoy the company of others and have a good time there, but the meetings are meant to work out details for the fun events.

AT THE MONTHLY MEETING YOU WORK OUT THE DETAILS OF:
    when the RPG meets.
    when the Book Club meets and discusses the latest read.
    when people meet for Movie Night.
    what charity events are coming up.

You complain about all the work on costumes recently. Maybe you heard of a little thing called Celebration 4 that has been consuming everybody's thoughts for the past 4-5 months? Maybe that had more to do with "a lack of time" for other things than you are allowing it to have.

I also found it ironic that one of the activities you cite for drawing in new people, RPG, announed at last night's "boring" meeting that RPG is full, will not be accepting any more players, and has no intention of expanding to another game. Please note; if no more new people show up because of RPG, please do not blame the "costumers" for this.

If you feel that your "daycare at meetings" idea is valid, then FIGHT for it. If you feel you have enough support for it, then bring it to a vote and let the majority decide. That is how things are done.

In MY opinion, these "boring" meetings are already running two and a half, three hours long as is. If we add games and sing-alongs, or whatever, to try to make them more "entertaining" for the younglings, the meetings could end up running half a day, or more.

If we hold meetings at a large enough facility, such as the library, then games and such could be brought, and the kids could go in one corner of the room and play while the adults handled the "boring" tasks of organizing and promoting this group.

Cat, you've got your opinions on how things are, and I've got mine. Your original post on this issue made it sound as though the costumers were shutting off all ideas that didn't involve costuming. I asked my questions because I wanted to see if you were right, and if you were right, then we, as a group, needed to change our direction. I read your second post, and reread it. If I thought you had answered my questions, I would not have posted this.

Love and Kisses, Jack[:D]