main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson That time of year

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by firstsonofsolo, May 18, 2007.

1. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Gee, there are a lot of opinions here...

I'm going to have to side with Cat on the costuming issue. While I do enjoy a costumed charity event once in a while, it's not what I joined the group for; I joined to do social events with other Star Wars fans. It does seem to me that our main focus is on charity events (all of which are costumed). I love doing RPG, and I definitely want to do a book club once I get back in town. I noticed that when a few of you guys were listing non-costumed TFF events, some of these events were not TFF events (eg, Dustin mentioned Cat and Cheryl getting together and he and Frank going to a movie, and Mugen mentioned Order 66 meets (:confused:)) Anyhow, I think it would be good if we have more TFF-wide social activities, stuff that doesn't need much planning.

There was also some discussion of retaining new members...I think a big part of getting people to come back is to make them feel welcome at the meetings, etc. In general I think the group is very welcoming on the boards (I remember feeling quite welcome when I first posted). At meetings, however, I think we (myself included) could improve in this area by paying more attention to the newcomers and trying to include them in our discussions.

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005

3. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Im not going to pick apart anyones responses ,or get into a long a long debate. I am just going to say this. Last year was fun. The meeting and events were fun. Everytime I got together with any of you, it was fun. Just because a few people feel their amount of fun has decreased does not mean the entire fan force has lost direction. If the Fan Force was not fun, I wouldn't be coming back, and I don't think anyone else would either. Regardless of what anyone thinks, it is fun to the younger generation, Otherwise I dont think we would see Mike, Gabe, Antone, or Brandon again.

Nursing!!!!!!!

4. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    :confused: Huh? :confused:

5. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    it was a refresher of my joke at the meeting when Cat was describing her Emporer and Yoda Christmas scene just for levity.

6. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    OK another thread has been started for meeting ideas and what nots please let us keep this about the voted and questions for the candidates for CR. We as a group have gotten off topic again.

We do need to discuss the voting issues and how to vote as well as getting some nominations going.

7. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Nursing!!!

Ohhhh... ewwww. [face_sick]

=P~ :p

O, we (Chris?) got most of the odd stuff on the boards taken care of except the listing for the web site and now we're listed under SouthEAST.

8. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Alot of updates that I spoke with Birr about at C4 didnt even realise we are under SE now.......LOL maybe due to the twinning city???

9. KickingnScreaming

KickingnScreaming Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006
  10. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I am bowing out of the running for CR. This has nothing to do with the current controversy, but personal reasons, I would like to still serve as Event Coordinator if the position comes up for election or nomination.

Im not fan enough of the other stuff in the group to give them as much attention as they deserve. I dont want to risk fracturing the group. Chis is more of an overall fan. Im not, I personlly dont think I would be in the group if it weren't for the costumed charity events. I will still be a member, and serve as event coordinator if the group will have me
    Even though I think I could do a good job as cr, I dont want to risk any lack of enthusiasm on my part for anything else to ruin anyones the enjoyment of the club.

11. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003

That has to be one of the most respectful things I've seen done for this group.

Total selflessness for the greater good of the group as a whole. =D=

12. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Just to refresh my memory(and everybody else's)...
    ...Since Dustin has dropped out, that leaves only Chris running for CR, and Kat is the only one running for Secretary, right? And those are the only two positions we'll be voting on, right?

13. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    After a lot of thought over the weekend, I find I must also agree with this statement.

14. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003

Off the top of my head I think these are all the position that are up for election:Costumed Event coordinator

DSG liaison (I?m assuming this will eventually become a TFF liaison to any other group position)

Secretary

CR

Librarian

Historian

We (I think) are going to see if a treasurer position is created

I?d like to see a Public Relations (media) position created

Which brings me to a point, can we nominate people now if they wish to run? If so I'd like to put my nomination is early.

15. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    - Secretary takes and posts the minutes from each meeting, handles club-related documents (such as this constitution), runs meetings if the CR is unable to attend I nominate Kat

- Historian organizes photos from events and keeps our scrapbook up to date I nominate Michelle

- Librarian runs the Two Suns Fan Force Library, which includes handling the book collection and bringing the books to each meeting for members to check out I nominate Mike

- 501st liaison coordinates Two Suns Fan Force involvement in 501st events I nominate Damian

- Webmaster keeps our club website up to date I nominate Damian

- Costumed event coordinator coordinates events in the community I nominate Dustin

16. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Yeah, why not?

BYW, I hope to get an inventory thread started tomorrow. But no promises!

17. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Quite unclear as to Mike's response, "Why not?"

Also, it seems unfair for the librarian to carry the all books to meetings, maybe a list and he/she can carry the requested books to meetings.

My nominations
    DSG liaison Damian (I don't know if this is even up for a vote or it's will be absolved if we get a squad, in which case I?ll run for that also if it?s available)

Secretary Kat

CR (is it even realistic to nominate if nobody else runs?) Chris

Librarian Mike

Historian Dustin (or Michele I see them as a team)

Costumed even coordinator Dustin

Maybe new offices :

Treasurer (if so I'd say) Cheryl (sp)

Public Relations (media) Dustin

Voice of reason Jack

Official TFF "hang out" Galactic Empire/ToyBoxx

Official Drink of the TFF Gatorade

Official "signature" TFF costumed event "Reed park/hospital visit" on Halloween

Official eatery In N Out

18. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Sorry ya'll I swear I did not disappear.. .I just have some stuff keeping me occupied at home this week and I leave for arkansas tomorrow. I know there is a lot of stuff going on, so much in so few days..

19. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Again going to have to go with Panda on this one.....Padamame? Panda bear?

20. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    I second all of the above nominations.

21. KickingnScreaming

KickingnScreaming Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006
    If elected:

Being the TFF Historian would be a lot of fun and would finally force me to organize my mountain-o-scrapbooking stuff!

22. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005

23. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003

24. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww[face_blush]

25. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Wait you mean we are asking the guy who said "he we are at the MS walk" at the Komen race for public relations???? BWAHAHAHAHA sorry had to say it just too funny sorry Dustin much love!