main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[That whole 20 posts before Pm thing]

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Darth_Ignant, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    Darth_Ignant having a link to the guide to better posting thread is spoiling the movie ? HUH

2. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Its in the spoiler forum, that's a no-no.

3. MovieTrailerMusic

Feb 17, 2004
    But you link DIRECTLY TO THE THREAD & NOT the spoiler forum there is a DIFFERENCE but w/e

Can;t have any type of freaking signuature at all here heh

4. YTMND

YTMND Jedi Master star 5

Nov 22, 2004
    I have a signature. :)

5. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    So does almost everyone.

6. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    But you link DIRECTLY TO THE THREAD & NOT the spoiler forum there is a DIFFERENCE

Huh? Was that a mystery 3SA thread that's not in 3SA?

7. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    The ability to create threads should be turned on as soon as one or more 3SA mods are online for damage controle. Temporarily limiting massive waves of redundancy is one thing, but to actually have a complete shut-down for a longer period of time wouldn't be entirely productive either. The 2SA managed, with half the number of mods.

8. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    That's how I was looknig at it as well. In fact that's what I did this morning. I saw a mod had disabled them last night which is fine. I was ready to hit the ground running this morning and turned them on....only to find we couldn't post. But that's going to be our approach.

9. MovieTrailerMusic

Feb 17, 2004
    Nooooooooooooooooooo its off

10. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I had to. I physically couldn't keep up with it. Almost 30 threads were created in all of 10 minutes max. Half were trolls cussing out the forum.

11. MovieTrailerMusic

Feb 17, 2004
    It is for the best Sapient in fact it might be a good idea to now "pinn"

Some offical threads on topic that people might want to discuss

This way users will be FORCED to post in the RIGHT thread & not spammed

12. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    About one o' clock, my time, on May 19th, there were at least four trolls breaking the majority of the board rules. It was amusing for about two posts...

But I think turning off the thread making was a good idea. In a few weeks, all the crazy fanperson newbies will be over it and we can get back to semi-normal. :p

13. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    If I pinned (made sticky threads) of the official threads it would go beyond page one. The official threads 'thread' is in the header in plain view. People are choosing not to use it.

14. MovieTrailerMusic

Feb 17, 2004
    Im not saying ALL offical threads just the ones that seemed to be talked about most like box office / chewbacca etc

15. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    No, it'll settle down and most are active enough they're on pages one or two. All official threads are always in the header.

16. MovieTrailerMusic

Feb 17, 2004
    Then how come your letting that redundant General Grievous Cape thread go when it can go in the OFFICAL THREAD for General Grievous ? You gotta pick one man you are either WITH Offical Threads or against them

17. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Because eventually as things get more specific we let the road widen a bit. What you don't know was that the user PM'ed me first asking if they could start it. Something that would go to the official Grievous thread:

Where's he from?
    Why not see his face?
    Wasn't he cool?

The cape is different and can have its own thread.

18. YTMND

YTMND Jedi Master star 5

Nov 22, 2004
    Yes,MTM. Thankyou Sapient,I had a feeling you would see it my way. :)

19. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

Then how come your letting that redundant General Grievous Cape thread go when it can go in the OFFICAL THREAD for General Grievous ? You gotta pick one man you are either WITH Offical Threads or against them

You're being far too extreme about this. If you lump everything into official threads then you'll end up having discussions only in a dozen 100+ page threads, and that can be just as bad as several redundant threads.

Ultimately there needs to be a balance between official threads (ala a Official Greivous thread) and user-created threads for smaller topics (like on for his cape). Thankfully Sapient knows how to find the right middle ground.

20. MovieTrailerMusic

Feb 17, 2004
  21. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

I don't know what you're trying to say, but you might want to tone down on the specifics from the film until Monday.

22. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Again, don't worry. As new threads covering specific aspects begin to emerge, less and less emphasis will be placed on official threads.

23. lurker2209

lurker2209 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    It doesn't look like this is actually being considered, but the 20 posts before you can make a thread would be really bad for fanfic. New authors show up all the time, and some read a bunch before posting their stories, but some don't.

Again, it looks like the 3SA stuff is being handled without this, but just in case.

~Lurker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.