That's it! We are going to name that theme!

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Jun 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman Chosen One

star 7
    After seeing AOTC for my 4th time today, I thought that when I got home I had to make us Music Forumers name that motif. "What motif?", you're probably asking. I'm talking about the dark, foreboding bassoon theme that has been called the "Conflict Theme". Well, IMO, that's neither official nor interesting. So, let's name that theme. If you have something official about it's name, or you want to suggest a name, go ahead, but we have to have a name for it around here!

MY SUGGESTION: "Unhappy Senators' Theme"
  2. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Else I'd try to help.
  3. DARTHMAULDER Jedi Master

star 1
  4. MoffJake Jedi Master

star 4
    We hear the theme often when Obi-Wan is sneaking around Geonsis and we see Dooku screwing around with the other baddies. I think the theme is first introduced when Padme surmises that Dooku was behind her assasination attempt and Mace Windu says that it's not in his character. We also hear it when Zam get's her arm chopped off and also on Kamino when (not Digital) Lama Su mentions Syfo Dyas to Obi-Wan.

At this point, for lack of a better idea, I'll side with Sithman and vote for "Unhappy Senators' Theme"
    ;)

Hey - why did I ONLY NOW realize that this dark theme is very similar to the Love Theme (the first 6 notes or so). I must be deaf to not have noticed that before.
  5. obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd call it "The Mystery Theme". It seems to happen whenever something relating to the mystery of the assassination attempt occurs
  6. Miz Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think 'Mystery' is a bit more suitable, though 'Unhappy Senator's Theme' is a comic alternative, but I don't think many people would get it. Private joke. Ahem.

I don't think it sounds like the love theme though. Do you?
  7. AdamBertocci Manager

Manager
    star 7
    Teh UNH4PPY 53N4T0R5* TH3M3 works for me. :D

Rick McCallum loves you!
  8. Sithman Chosen One

star 7
    Actually, kanathan, the "Mystery Theme" DOES seem to suit it very well. Mostly because it's not used just with one character or organization.

It's used twice in the first scene in Palpatine's apartment when they're discussing the lack of Jedi and then when Padme mentions Count Dooku. It's also used when the Clones, Kamino, and even Geonosis are mentioned. Go figure!
  9. AmeiaSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    I remember hearing it, and sort of wondering what it was called.
    Mystery might work. :D
  10. Sithman Chosen One

star 7
    Does anyone have any idea what JW called it? Or why he used it in those specific places? After all, if he should know why he placed it there and what it's for.

Anyone know what HE called it?
  11. Emi-Yan_Tetu Jedi Knight

star 2
    Does noone else think it's Count Dooku's theme?

I know it doesn't always appear when he's always coincide with when he's on screen, but it's used a lot to represent the Seperatists and that side of things.

Maybe Mystery is better fiting. I don't know, just thought I'd make a suggestion.
  12. Emi-Yan_Tetu Jedi Knight

star 2
    I obviously wrote that last post when I was VERY tired.
  13. bright sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Let's be clear, because I think some of us are confusing two themes in this thread. I believe Sithman's original post proposes on the theme first heard in Kamino, then only when Count Dooku is escaping (on both occassions). To be specific, on the CD release, it is first heard after the opening main theme.

I think there is another "mystery" theme with a solo horn that runs throughout the movie with much more occurance than the theme mentioned above. I sincerely consider that to be the mystery theme because it accompanies the scenes that puzzlement is on us or the characters. In contrast, the theme we are supposedly naming is used less, and in two situations (Kamino and Dooku). Of course, why it appears in the first track of the CD while not appearing in the film's context is only another question to this dark and disturbing puzzle.
  14. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
    I don't like 'Mystery' cos that was the name of one of the trailers
  15. Sithman Chosen One

star 7
    lol, bright sith. :D I'm actually talking about the "mystery theme with a solo horn", not the Kamino motif thing. :)

Sorry I didn't make myself clear.
  16. bright sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Now now, thanks for embarrassing me. ;)
  17. Sithman Chosen One

star 7
  18. DimensionX Force Ghost

star 4
  19. Sithman Chosen One

star 7
    Exactly! Thanks for the link! :)
  20. grand_admiral_ewok Jedi Master

star 4
    I would go with Mystery theme. But that's just me.
  21. Emi-Yan_Tetu Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think it's the 'Seperatists Theme'.
  22. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    The Dangerous and Disturbing Theme
    ?
  23. PloKloon1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    How 'bout the Conspiracy Theme?
  24. grand_admiral_ewok Jedi Master

star 4
    So as of now there have been the following suggestions:

The Unhappy Senators Theme :D lol
    The Mystery Theme
    Count Dooku's Theme
    The Separatists' Theme (after all it plays on Kamino where the same force behind the separatists has another scheme, ie the clones)
    The Conspiracy Theme
    and The Dangerous And Disturbing Theme...hmm that sounds a little unlike the way most Star Wars themes are named. ATS isn't called 'the emotionally charged, melodramatic and spirited yet forbidden romantic theme'. Still, you've nailed the description, to be sure.

Now call me a fool but I would like this theme to be called 'The Phantom Menace', because it presents a looming evil that you can't really pick up on to easily.
  25. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    "Now call me a fool"
    okay:
    You fool!!

(hey, you asked for it! :D)

"ATS isn't called 'the emotionally charged, melodramatic and spirited yet forbidden romantic theme'"
    But I think it should be [face_mischief] :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.