[That's not weird, it's magical] Pushing Daisies - UPCOMING GRAPHIC NOVEL!

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by ApolloSmileGirl, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    There's alot of female cleavage on this show too.
  2. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Finally watched the first episode and loved the quirkiness of it.
  3. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Null: Yeah. Canada finally has something going for it, huh? :p
  4. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight

star 8
    fixed
  5. Rouge Null Jedi Knight

star 5
    Well that and free medical care, never losing a war and we've managed to dump Celine Dion on you guys.
  6. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight

star 8
    It's scenes like this that make Pushing Daisies so great, and it doesn't include either of the two central characters(Though Ned and Chuck have incredible chemistry :p).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbe1m30RS8c&mode=related&search=

Plus, if anyone cares, footage from Comic Con this past summer. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsaFtNC9XF4&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUXKzsLn8Ls&mode=related&search=
  7. Sith_Sensei__Prime Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That and Tom Green. :mad:

There's a total freshness to the show. There isn't anything quite like it.
  8. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight

star 8
    Just want to say that Kristin Chenoweth rules. She even threw up a longhorn sign in this interview. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeG_ohQo1r8

9. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    In the final minutes of episode 3. I was already enjoying Wilfred Woodruff lovely Southern Drawl when he begins to extoll his swordplays and the Pie Man responds. [face_love] [face_love]

So much to love in this series. The characters, colors, dialog, it really is an all around well done show.

Notice I hadn't read through the entire thread and was not the only one to feel the need to post in the thread the viewing of episode 3!

That's hilarious and just a bit heart warming. :p [:D]

Love the interview of Kirstin Chenoweth.

10. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    This show is lovely! I love the narration, I love the style, I love the humour, I love the characters, I love the not overly complicated but far from simple plots and it's just too damn cute and heartwarming.

The plastic wrap kisses [face_love]

oh yeah, I love the can't touch you tragedy and how they turn it into something adorable
  11. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight

star 8
    I officially love you now. :)
  12. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    me or Frieda?
    actually, it must be me. You can't start loving Frieda. Everyone is born already loving Frieda.

in which case: come'ere [:D]
  13. PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Every episode I see makes me love this show more. I loved the end of this weeks episode where he looks at her and then says he is going to go find some plastic wrap. So adorable.
  14. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Agreed. This show goes to show there's no such thing as too cute. [face_love]
  15. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight

star 8
    I'm cringing on what Chuck's reaction will be when she finally finds out that Ned was responsible for her father's death. You just know that's going to happen sooner or later.
  16. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    But Chuck can't be so upset.

It was his mother and at that point he didn't know about trade that would have to be.

My biggest fear is Chuck and him touching. They are going to want to take things further and further and because I love them together, every time they make a move I worry for them.

I wonder if they'll ever get into how and why he has this ability.
  17. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight

star 8
    I don't know, Chuck was pretty upset when she found out that someone died in her place.

I think the issue would probably come up in the season finale, and the source of Ned's power will come up eventually, I'm sure.
  18. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight

star 8
    Yah! New episode tonight! :D
  19. Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Master

star 6
    Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but say Chuck somehow died again. Would he be able to touch her back to life? I know that if she dies from him touching her, he can't revive her, but what if she dies by some other means?
  20. Souderwan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm not sure that Chuck can die unless he touches her again. The dog's still alive over 30 yrs later, right?
  21. Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Master

star 6
    Ah ha! Excellent point. I knew I was missing something. :p
  22. hudzu Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    they might be giants, taxidermied birds, and all the cute depressing love you can handle?

i believe i love this show
  23. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but say Chuck somehow died again. Would he be able to touch her back to life? I know that if she dies from him touching her, he can't revive her, but what if she dies by some other means?

From what we learned in the first episode with Ned's mom, if she dies, she's gone for good.

I'm not sure that Chuck can die unless he touches her again. The dog's still alive over 30 yrs later, right?

A bit of an inconsistency, since Ned's mom died shortly after being revived by him. :(

Arrrrgh, I love this show for all those reasons Jacen.
  24. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight

star 8
    Yes, but she died because she'd touched them. They've established that one, Olive seems to be Digby's primary caretaker, and two Ned doesn't make physical contact with him, he has a metal stick, with a hand shape at the end that he uses to pet Digby.
  25. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Ahhh, that's right. I was thinking she died of natural causes, but that's why he brought her back.

Hmmmm, so Chuck might not even age then? That's kinda another sad thing for her and Ned. :(