[That's not weird, it's magical] Pushing Daisies - UPCOMING GRAPHIC NOVEL!

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by ApolloSmileGirl, Oct 3, 2007.

1. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight

star 8
    Yeah, they haven't really explained that aspect very well, but it is something that I have been curious about. Digby doesn't appear to have aged a day, since being hit and killed/revived 20 years earlier.
  2. imperial_dork Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I already liked Olive, but after last night's episode, she may have established herself as my favorite character. [face_love]

And I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but ABC has picked up the series for a full season! :D
  3. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight

star 8
    Awesome news Kendra! I hadn't heard that it had gotten picked up for an entire season, but I figured that it probably would.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Yup, I was going to mention that myself. It's great news. :D

This is easily, easily my favorite show on TV right now. It's just so happy and cheerful. It works as a great pick-me-up. I also enjoy the vivid colors and storytelling style. I usually hate the male part of a cutsey romance, but Ned is just to cool to hate. Charlotte's even cooler (I refuse to call her Chuck :p).

Though I have to say Olive keeps scaring me.
  5. Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan

star 6
    I keep missing this show! I will catch up on ABC.com soon. I did see the premeire and I thought it was quite good.
  6. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Also, apparently ABC has a companion webcomic on their site.
  7. Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Master

star 7
    Well damn, I just fell in love with this show. Great, so that's now 6 shows I'm hooked on. Caught the first two eps on the web... I love the cartoony quirkiness. Something about the elaborate set design and color and lighting reminds me of Tim Burton and also French movies like Delicatessen and Amelie. I don't know how to say it...everything just seems to "pop" onscreen.
  8. Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master

star 5
    I have yet to not enjoy an episode. This show is so good, I don't even know where to begin.

I like the glove in the car for holding hands :D
  9. PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Love love love love love the show. I love that Olive breaks into song on occasion and we get to hear her amazing voice. The show is just too cute not to love. I watch them online and I am so thankful to abc for having them there. I am a little disappointed they don't have The Women's Murder Club available but I will forgive them.
  10. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I so agree about the big stations having the series online. I can't always catch them on their respective nights.

11. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    That's why I have a DVR. :)
  12. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    that's why we still have a VCR [face_plain]
    (obviously not for PD, but I'm making my mom watch Lost and Heroes)
  13. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Wow, the Halloween episode was fantastic. Best one so far IMO.

Everything was so tightly done. The wordplay, the visual gags, the tiny little details. I particularly liked the repartée between Olive and Charlotte too. All in all a brilliant episode.
  14. darth_gersh Jedi Master

star 6
  15. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    quiet! >:eek: why, is someone "forcing" you to watch it?

Least sweet ending so far, I think. If anything was touching this time it was why Ned doesn't like Halloween anymore :(
    which, btw, was brilliantly done in its simpleness - just a ghost, not much else needed, and you got your disguise, your metaphor and a link to the murder-storyline
  16. SithlyShrunkenSock Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Like the rest of you, I'm now hooked. Thanks a lot :p

So good that I could see it online-- otherwise I wouldn't have been able to see them all, in all likelihood.
  17. Darth_Inanimate1138 Jedi Youngling

I can't catch them on TV, but I've seen all of the episodes online, and I've decided that any show that has Kristin Chenoweth and Ellen Greene singing a duet of TMBG's "Put a little birdhouse in your soul" has got to be the best new show I've seen in a long time.
  18. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Another great episode tonight. I am really enjoying this show.
  19. lexu Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    <3 this show.

But the preview for the next new one! :eek:
  20. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight

star 8
    Chi McBride was especially delightful last night. :)
  21. Darth_Inanimate1138 Jedi Youngling

It would be a shame if they made me hate Ned for cheating on Chuck. They were doing so well with his character, and I loved Olive up 'till now. I hope they don't ruin it.
  22. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I love Dead Like Me. Maybe one evening I'm NOT working I can see this! :_| I've wanted to, but always missed it. :(
  23. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight

star 8
    You really thought so? I thought it was touching that Chuck trick or treated at her aunt's house, just to see them. :)
  24. imperial_dork Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Hooray for Olive-centric episodes! :D
  25. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    QFT!

:eek:

Go Olive!!! Get your man back!