main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph That's Some Casting Director: "Catch Me If You Can" (2002)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Zaz, Jul 19, 2005.

1. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Fast Times now officially has three best actor winners, after Whitaker's win tonight.

2. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Another film that has three: "Raising Arizona" (Nicholas Cage; Holly Hunter; and Frances McDormand)

3. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Next: "Animal House" (1978)

For a gross-out, small-budget comedy, a good cast: John Belushi, Tim Matheson, John Vernon, Verna Bloom, Tom Hulce, Cesar Danova, Peter Riegert, Stephen Furst, Karen Allen, Kevin Bacon, and Donald Sutherland,

4. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    It made most of those people's careers. Though getting Sutherland was an extremely good move.

5. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Next: "Scream" (1996)

The cast included David Arquette, Neve Campbell, Courtenay Cox, Skeet Ulrich, Rose McGowan, Matthew Lillard, Jamie Kennedy, Drew Barrymore, Liev Schrieber, Linda Blair, Wes Craven and Henry Winkler.

6. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Next: "Go" (1999). The cast included Katie Holmes, Sarah Polley, Scott Wolf, Jay Mohr, Timothy Olyphant, William Fichtner, Nathan Bexton, Desmond Askew, Robert Peters, Breckin Meyer, Taye Diggs, and Jane Krakowski.

7. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Next: I'm using the handset to blitz through the television channels, and what do I see? Dr. House and Arthur Weasley dognapping 99 Dalmation puppies!

And the movie in question is the live-action "101 Dalmations" (1996) whose cast also includes Glenn Close, Joan Plowright, Jeff Daniels and Joely Richardson as well as Hugh Laurie and Mark Williams.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Go had a fun cast for a really fun movie. It's udnerappreciated I think, even though it's basicly a teennage pulp fiction.

I generally can't stand Glenn Close though- she was the only annoying thing about Air Force One.

9. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    When she never heard the term 'underplaying', but Cruella de Ville doesn't call for it...:p

10. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    "Can't Hardly Wait" (1998) This comedy is obscure but has an extraordinary cast, generally in the tiniest of roles. The cast included:

Jennifer Love Hewitt, Ethan Embrey, Peter Facinelli, Lauren Ambrose, Seth Green, Erik Palladino, Sean Patrick Thomas, Freddy Rodriguez, Donald Faison, Jaime Pressly, Seth Petersen, Marisol Nichols, Vicellous Reon Shannon, Clea DuVall, Eric Balfour, Selma Blair, Sarah Rue, Reni Santoni, Amber Benson, Summer Phoenix, Jenna Elfman, Melissa Joan Hart, Breckin Meyer, Jerry O'Connell, and Liv Tyler.

11. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    The only temptation to see this is that it takes its title from my favorite song, Can't Hardly Wait by the Replacements.

12. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Next: "JFK" (1991) Didn't like this movie, but the cast was something else:

Kevin Costner, Tommy Lee Jones, Gary Oldman, Kevin Bacon, Laurie Metcalf, Jack Lemmon, Sissy Spacek, Joe Pesci, Walter Matthau, John Candy, Donald Sutherland, Vincent d'Onofrio, Edward Asner, Lola Davdovitch, and John Larroquette.

13. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Terrifc cast. Gary Oldman was amazingly over the top as Oswald. Best casting of that movie

14. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I think what annoyed me about JFK was how little most of those people had to do. I don't even remember John Candy and D'Onofrio being in it; Kevin Bacon was in about ten minutes and Oldman in even less, spread over about a hundred five second flashbacks.

Sutherland really owned his cameo though; what did he do, talk for fifteen minutes? And it was fascinating; the mark of a truly great actor. That was the best scene, I think.

15. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Oldman and Sutherland were good. Costner was infuriating.

16. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    I like Costner in the role, but imagine if Oliver Stone had gotten his original choice of Harrison Ford in the role. That would have been amazing.

17. AcklayComeHome

AcklayComeHome Jedi Master star 7

Apr 27, 2002
    He did have a full scene in a nice deleted scene on the DVD though, which I was happy to see, a fantasy thing.

18. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Next: "Amistad" (1997)

Spielberg always has a sharp eye for talent, and proves it here:

The cast included: Morgan Freeman, Nigel Hawthorne, Anthony Hopkins, David Paymer, Matthew McConaughey, Pete Postlewaite, Stellan Skarsgaard, Anna Paquin, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Jeremy Northam, Arliss Howard, and Austin Pendleton

19. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    It's a tremendous cast for what is an unremarkable film. I just wish there was more Hopkins and Hawthorne.

20. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I don't know why people have it in for Amistad; I really enjoyed it.

21. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Next: "Patriot Games" (1992)

The cast included: Harrison Ford, Anne Archer, Thora Birch, Patrick Bergin, Sean Bean, James Fox, Samuel L. Jackson, Polly Walker, James Earl Jones, Richard Harris, David Threlfall, and Ellen Geer.

22. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    "Patriot Games" did have quite the cast.

Love Sean Bean and Patrick Bergin.

Funny side story: i actually saw this on opening night when my buddy and i were not allowed into "Alien 3" because it was rated R. We had NO idea what other movie we wanted to try to see, and just picked "Patriot Games" at random.

Wound up being a good pick.

23. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    VERY funny, considering Patriot Games is also rated R...[face_laugh]

What I've always found amusing is that the three Jack Ryan movies which ostensibly form a loose trilogy (The Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, and Clear and Present Danger) all have different ratings: PG, R, and PG-13, respectively. Unusual for a series that one would assume is targeting the same general audience with each installment.

24. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002

LOL That is funny :p

Up here in Canada, though, we have a slightly different rating system. There's PG, and then there's AA which is adult accompaniment required for anyone under 14, and then there's R which is "no one under 18 admitted, under ANY circumstances"..(I believe in the states you can still get into an R rated movie if you're underage and with an adult.)

"Patriot Games" was AA up here while "Alien 3" was R.

25. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Wow, those are some harsh ratings. And I thought the MPAA was bad. Well, they are, but still, giving Alien3 the equivalent of our NC-17...

As much as I loathe parents who bring their kids to inappropriate movies just to save on babysitting (like the woman who brought a four-year-old to Scary Movie), I'm totally opposed to the notion of movies for which parents aren't allowed to decide for themselves whether or not their child is mature enough to handle them. Especially given how often arbitrary the distinctions between ratings can be.