main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The 12 Days of Dooku (Edited by Qui-Gon Jinn) (Qui-Gon attempts NaNoWriMo) Part 2/12 updated 12/18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jinngerbread, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Title: The 12 Days of Dooku (Edited by Qui-Gon Jinn)
    Author: Jinngerbread
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Dooku, assorted OC's
    Genre: Humor obviously, and mush. :p
    Summary: When Qui-Gon attempts the GFFA version of National Novel Writing Month during Winterfest, poor Dooku has no idea what he is in for.
    Author Notes: This was a gift for Star-Foozle, who wanted some Qui/Dooku bonding over silliness for Christmas. What's sillier than writing a novel in a month's time? :D I have won twice now, and even I still realize how silly of an idea it is. ;)

Day One

Dooku entered his apartment to find his young apprentice, Qui-Gon busily typing away on a datapad, a bowl of snacks beside him, and what appeared to be a steaming mug of tea. "Doing homework, young one?"

"Nope," Qui-Gon answered, barely looking up from his datapad, still typing away.

Dooku looked at him for a moment, "What are you typing so frantically on?"

"A novel," Qui-Gon beamed at Dooku.

Dooku stared at the youth, wondering if he'd lost his mind? "A novel?"

"Yep!" Qui-Gon grabbed a handful of the candies in the bowl next to him, and scarfed them down.

"Why?"

"Because it's the Galaxy Writing Guild Challenge, during Winterfest break," Qui-Gon looked at Dooku as if should be the most logical explanation in the galaxy. "Kyran and Shane are doing it too," he added, looking excited.

"Have you done your mission report yet?" Dooku arched a brow.

"Yes, all finished, just this morning! I had to hurry to finish it so I could start my novel, see," Qui-Gon started typing away again, now going back to ignoring Dooku.

Dooku stared at the boy and shook his head, "How long does your novel have to be?" he asked.

"Fifty thousand words!" Qui-Gon replied excitedly.

"Fifty thousand words?" Dooku repeated, eying him.

"Yep!" Qui-Gon was positively gleaming with enthusiasm.

"And you're excited about this? That's longer than two mission reports put together," Dooku frowned. "Normally I can barely get you to even do those, let alone a novel."

"Yes, but I can write whatever I want," Qui-Gon looked up smirking.

Dooku had a very bad feeling about this. "Oh. Right." He paused for a long moment, "What are you writing about?"

"You'll see," his padawan said in the same annoyingly cheerful voice he'd been using the whole conversation.

The bad feeling increased even more. Dooku sighed, and stood, deciding he needed a strong tea and some time to relax.

As he was standing to get it Qui-Gon chirped, "Done!"

Dooku was taken aback, "Already? You just started!"

"With today's word count!" Qui-Gon explained. "Let's go and train, Master! Maybe I'll get some good ideas for my story while I do."

Dooku stared after him.

Somehow he had the feeling it was going to be a very long month.

2. Lithiniel

Lithiniel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    YaY! I get first post!

Absolutely adorable, and can't fault young Qui's enthusiasm.

Of course, how long that's going to last, the deeper he gets into his novel.... well, we'll see, right? ;)

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    *Bows respectfully*

Greetings my old Master, a long time it has been, eh? :D

Couldn't resist taking a gander at this one [face_batting]

Liking it so far! Poor Dooku, taken back by the fact that Qui can type eagerly for something like that, but not a mission report! [face_laugh]

4. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    [face_laugh] This is absolutely amazing!!!

Qui + NaNoing = 8-} :D

This is going to be awesome! I never would have thought to have a character NaNo. =D=

Please PM me when you update!

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Somehow he had the feeling it was going to be a very long month.

That's putting it mildly!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Poor Dooku has no idea what he's in for - and I look forward to the ride!

If you have a PM list, will you please add me?

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Please put me on your PM list!

=D=

7. Hairband_sock

Hairband_sock Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2008
    Hah! This is great. Put me on the PM list too please!

Dooku had a very bad feeling about this. "Oh. Right." He paused for a long moment, "What are you writing about?"

"You'll see," his padawan said in the same annoyingly cheerful voice he'd been using the whole conversation.

Sounds like Dooku should just go hide now. This can't be good...for him ;)

Awesome job!

*Edit* By the FORCE< how the heck did that happen? Put Jedi_Perigrine on the PM list, not this sock. Bad sock! BAD SOCK! <slaps it> No feet for you!

8. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    I've got to see where this leads. If you have a PM list, please add me to it.

Thanks! :D

9. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    OH! *happy sigh* Master Dooku and his padawan Qui-Gon.... *several very, very happy sighs*

And what an idea to have Qui-Gon write for the GFFA equivalent of NaNo [face_laugh] [face_laugh] And his friends too

I love the beaming and that bowl full of candies to scarf down. It's a good thing he gets his master to practice with him right after! [face_laugh]

Yep, always knew Dooku's a smart one [face_laugh]

[face_praying] Please put me on your pm list for this one, I don't want to miss a post.

And congratulations to finish NaNo twice! I'm in awe of those who manage that, great achievement.

10. Jedi-Gon

Jedi-Gon Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2007
    [face_laugh] :D

Long time no see, Master of mine! It's very nice to see you again... I haven't been around here much lately.

A lovely piece! I can only imagine Qui-Gon's attempt at NaNoWriMo... For some reason, I'm imagining a very melodramatic tale concerning lots of animals... But, then again, that's my wild imagination for you. :p Very adorable. I can't wait to see what our dear Qui comes up with!

11. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    This is great! Please add me to the PM list as well! A long month indeed!

12. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    update update update!

13. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Lithiniel - Yep you get first post. ;) We'll indeed have to see just how enthusiastic he remains, LOL. :D Thanks for reading!

Kynstar - It has been awhile! I'm so glad to see you reading things again. :D Hee. As far as Dooku, of course when someone is motivated by writing whatever they want it goes faster than writing something boring. ;) :p Thanks for reading!

C1-J2 - Thanks! I thought it would be a riot to try. :p And Qui-Gon is silly enough especially in his youth to try something like that. ;) :p I'll be happy to PM you! Thanks for reading!

Kelia - Too true, Dooku has no idea what he's in for. ;) I'll be happy to add you! Thanks for reading!

VaderLVR - Absolutely, coming your way! Thanks for reading!

Jedi_Perigrine - He really should, hiding would be safer. [face_mischief] You're added, thanks for reading!

p_stotts - Of course! I'll be thrilled to! :D Thanks for reading!

Seremela - Without training, likely all Jedi would be fat, as at least all mine have an endearment for chocolate. ;) Thanks for the congratulations, you should try it sometime, it's really fun! (Even if rather insane. :p) You're added to the PM list! Thanks for reading!

Jedi-Gon
    - Well with Qui-Gon, one never knows! And it has been awhile, I noticed you haven't been posting as much, I assumed you were busy with school and things of that nature. Glad to see you're still around some! Thanks for reading!

Jedidas3 - Dooku has no idea just how long. [face_mischief] You're added, thanks for reading!

JediKaren
    - Sorry I couldn't update sooner, have been busy with holiday stuffs! This is the last update before the holidays really get underway. I'll be cut off from the internet all next week, as my grandparents have none.

[b]
    Day Two[/b]
    [i]
    Three days into noveling[/i]

The next day found Dooku and Qui-Gon in the kitchen again, with Qui-Gon stirring a pot of something on the stove, "Want some hot cocoa master?" he asked cheerfully.

Dooku looked bemusedly at him before he said, "That would be nice."

"I even have marshmallows!" Qui-Gon chirped happily, "They had a Winterfest related batch down in acquisitions! A grocer donated a huge stock to the Temple, so I got us some," he held up the bag of red, green and white marshmallows cut in cute little shapes.

"Want some in yours?" he asked, looking up hopefully.

"No thank you," Dooku declined to take them from the boy, "I am a Jedi Master, Qui-Gon, I do not need marshmallows in my hot cocoa."

"But hot cocoa and marshmallows always go together at Winterfest," Qui-Gon protested.

Dooku shook his head, he had never been fond of marshmallows, "No thank you, young one, I'll be fine without them, I assure you."

Qui-Gon shrugged, "Suit yourself," he continued to stir the cocoa and milk together on the stovetop and watched as it frothed and bubbled before he finally noticed that they were ready.

He reached in the cabinet for two mugs, one for himself and one for his teacher, before he grabbed the pot and then very carefully began to pour equal amounts of liquid into both cups.

Dooku accepted his mug, pleased with how it warmed his cold hands, and watched as Qui-Gon artfully arranged his marshmallows, placing each one with the most precise care on the top of his drink.

"There!" He beamed down at his mug before he took it, in his hands, and took a sip. He closed his eyes savoring it.

Dooku looked amused as his padawan enjoyed the chocolatey concoction he had made. He stood there for awhile just enjoying the quiet, the two of them sipping their drinks, before Qui-Gon said, "Well, back to work."

Dooku frowned, slightly, "What are you going to work on?"

"My novel of course, Master," Qui-Gon explained patiently, going to sit back at the kitchen table with his datapad.

Dooku arched an eyebrow. "Really padawan, why are you so suddenly interested in writing?"

Qui-Gon looked up, "Because Master, it's a novel, how many other people can say they have written one?" he asked seriously, as if Dooku should logically understan

14. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    [face_hypnotized] I suddenly have this huge yearning for hot chocolat with marshmellows, I wonder why?

Love the homely picture you paint here, Jinnger. And Qui-Gon trying to get his master to join him in what he likes completely melts my heart [face_love]

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely update! =D=

16. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    I'm with Seremela, hot chocolate sounds awesome right now. Great post! Apparently you should be a commercial writer, since everybody who reads your post is suddenly going to want cocoa. And I don't even really like it.

Good job!

17. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    LOL on Dooku not wanting marshmellows hehehe Not dignified to have in one's cup.

Well, I like'em in mine that's for sure! ;)

Great post again and if Dooku gets caught up in the hooplah...well [face_laugh] that would juz be hilarious! Sometimes it can be contagious.

18. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    I sense Dooku's resolve not to get involved slipping. I wonder what Qui-Gon is writing about? Will we get to read it?

19. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Hot chocolate and Qui-Gon Jinn...what a tempting combination! :D

Great update and I agree that Dooku's resolve may be slipping just a little bit. Have a great holiday!

20. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    "You'd enjoy it if you tried it."

Uh oh, he's drawing Dooku into the maddness! :p

I can't wait to see how quickly he gets addicted.

Great update

=D==D= =D= =D=

21. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This is really cute!! I love the idea of Qui-Gon doing NaNo and driving dooku Nuts :D I love this story :D Can you please add me to your PM list?

22. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Aaaah, haaaa; quite cute. The NaNo in the GFFA. It would be interesting to see what Dooku might write if he got sucked into this obsession.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.