main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 13th EUC Starfighter Draft: I've Got A Bad Feeling About This!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by TypoCelchu, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    Shurron, I found a better one, but chances are it'd be frowned upon by the mods.

Since Trim isn't going to come up with an argument I'm going to go ahead and vote for Jag.

2. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Yeah, there were a bunch of better ones. Should've spent a couple more minutes looking.

I'm never going to forgive myself for that.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah, Jag works. I'm not convinced, but I don't think I'll be convinced otherwise.

4. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Not totally back yet, funeral is in the morning, but I figured since I had internet at the hotel I could update.

Pilot 8!

Championship Game
    I'm supposed to work with WHO? Squadron vs For the Honor of Greyskull (0-1)

Nial Declann vs Shawnkyr Nuruodo

Playoff for 3rd and 4th Place:
    I don't even like these people vs StarSlayer Squadron (1-0)

Biggs Darklighter vs Plourr Ilo TRUMPED with Nrin Vakil

5. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    I'll need some arguments, I'm leaning a couple of directions but not completely sold yet.

6. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    So, Nrin and Plourr:

While not the longest careers with Rogue Squadron, they were rather intense. Plourr was one of the six starting members of the squadron following Endor, Nrin joined a little later, and both made it to the dismantling of the squadron following the incident with Pestage. They fought in some tough battles together (Brentaal, Pestage incident, possible Mindor).

vs Biggs:

Very short flying career, not too many tough battles (iirc) till Yavin where he died. Not too much to go on, just that quote from Wedge about how Biggs might have become great-- not too much material of actual substance here to go on.

In short, I really can't see Biggs busting the Trump here, as he lacks in experience and Nrin and Plourr, while not the greatest individually, do have significant skill, enough to take down Biggs.

7. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I'm going to have to take an Alford plea on this one.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Anyone gonna argue the first match? I'm pretty set on the trump for the second one, but very torn on the first one still.

9. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Yeah I gotta agree with Inty, I really need arguments for the first match. I don't have Jello's codex on every Imperial that ever lived.

10. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, sorry. been kinda busy.

lessee here... well, we have two people that're mainly reputation because we simply don't see them frequently. on the one hand we have a guy who grabbed the emperors attention due to his flying skills, because they were so obviously force augmented. on the other we have someone who wasn't even the head of a squadron, but still obviously every good because of the squad she was with. i guess you kinda gotta go by who has the better rep here. nial also has the force to help him, which even if he can't read shawnkyr because of her being an alien (but similar enough that he should be able to at least pick up a LITTLE something), and better reflexes than she would be able to pull out. at the very least it would seem nial has an advantage, and more often than not an advantage is all someone at this level needs.

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    ok I'm just gonna go with my gut here, and my gut says Shawnkyr. I think we've got more verified piloting experience, vs. more tactical and ascension things with declan. I think in a battle of wits, this goes a different way, but in a piloting dogfight, it's gonna be Shawnkyr.

Again, that's going with my gut, but it doesn't look like we're going to get any good arguments.

And make it an official vote for the trump

12. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Ok, I'm gonna do what Inty did and go with my gut:

For the first match I'm going to go with Declann. I have to believe that to gain the notice of the emperor you have to do something extraordinary, and while the Force would be part of the answer, exceptional piloting skill has to be the rest of the answer as well.

Second match, I'm voting for the trump. I just don't see Biggs as a trump buster, and the trump is pretty good.

13. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Maybe I should go back to judging...

14. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I think Jello fell asleep on his throne.

15. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Or left a mold of himself on the throne.

16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Let's think about what we're doing here. We're waiting for Jello to come along and decide a very subjective match between a force-sensitive Imperial and an alien.

Maybe he's not posting because he can't bring himself to say things this obvious.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Private Message?

That said, I was actually torn on this one and lost track of it. I still am, but to expedite the process...

I'm going to vote for Nuruodo--she fought in the Vong war, and I tend to rate experience higher than mystical Force powers, even if Declann's capable of stopping fighters with the Force. That's nice and all, but how much of his skills do we know about outside of that? He was an ace, but doesn't have the record of other Force-using Imperials like Stele.

18. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Pilot 4!

Championship Game
    I'm supposed to work with WHO? Squadron vs For the Honor of Greyskull (0-2)

Tal'dira vs Villian Dance

Playoff for 3rd and 4th Place:
    I don't even like these people vs StarSlayer Squadron (1-1)

The Haras vs Nrin trumped with Plourr (FORFEIT)

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Tal'dira. Far more screen time, far more dangerous fighting.

20. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Excellent use of a trump.

21. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
  22. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Hav (This is s65horsey btw) if you can nail down numbers next time you can win this thing. Your team just got hung up in the trump that NEVER worked out for you.

I'll update the matches on my regular username when I get home tonight.

23. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    that's why you NEVER draft the hara's. just leave 'em on the board unless it's your seven and eight and there's absolutely nothing better. and even then i wouldn't take them. too limiting.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    And they're aliens.

25. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    No, no, no, it worked ONCE. Really got my money's worth there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.