main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 13th Jedi Draft: Only a Bith Deals in Absolutes. Congrats to our winner. All hail Point Given!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by heels1785 , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Mikaboshi (6) - Minch (4)
    TLI (4)- Jordan (6)
    Furio (6) - Whiteeagle (3) - DRAW (1)
    Point Given (7) - COH (3)
    DarkEagle (4)- Skywalker (6)

No team matches for you!

Standings now, LAST round of matches (before playoffs) in the morning.

Real Boss Nass
    1. Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers 7-0 -- 40-28-2
    2. Old Reliable (Minch) 4-3 -- 35-33-2
    3. Black Sabbath (TLI) 3-4 -- 38-31-0
    4. Heavy Metal (COH) 3-4 -- 30-39-1
    5. Redwood Originals (WE) 1-6 -- 25-41-4

Salacious B. Crumb FC
    1. Dynamo Coruscant (PG) 6-1 -- 42-26-2
    2. The Furious Sithish (Furio) 6-1 -- 37-27-1
    3. Injustice League of Korriban (Jordan) 4-3 -- 34-35-1
    4. The Shatterpoints (Skywalker) 1-6 -- 30-38-2
    5. Hooded Figure In The Dog Park (DarkEagle) 0-7 -- 29-41-0

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Match Day 8: Final Regular Season Round

Mikaboshi vs. DarkEagle
    COH vs. Jordan
    Skywalker vs. Yodaminch
    TLI vs. Whiteeagle
    Furio vs. Point Given

We'll wrap the regular season in a very unique locale.

The Start/Finish line at Mos Espa Grand Arena (Racetrack) - the scene is active, battles take place during Boonta Eve podrace, bleachers are full.

[​IMG]

Numbers in as soon as you can get them to me. Thanks!

3. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
  4. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
  5. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Since I already argued against Skywalker for Mika's matches, I think Mika should argue for Skywalker now. :p

heels1785 and Skywalker_T-65 like this.
  6. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    [face_laugh]

Also, numbers in.

7. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    You should get Mika to argue for you.

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    6 of 9 expected sets of numbers in. Need Mikaboshi, Point Given, and whiteeagle to send theirs in or just let me know whether or not to use a previous set.

Also, for the playoffs, this is the format, with the "if they started today" loadout:

[​IMG]

All playoff matches, outside of the grand final and 3rd place game, will have all 10 matches posted at once.

As we did last Draft, the locations for the playoffs, released one match ahead of time:

"Play-In" Round: Arena, Geonosis

Quarterfinals: Jungles, Zonama Sekot

Semifinals: Crystal Cave, Ilum

Third Place Match: Jedi Temple Atrium, Coruscant

Grand Final: Galactic Senate Floor, Corsucant

9. Lenea_Sandstrider

Lenea_Sandstrider Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    So if we started playoffs today I would have to beat Whitey only to get owned by Mika again? :p

(Joking of course, since I did push him to teams...in both my drafts, come to think of it)

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I would think you'd be joyous to have been drawn as far away from TLI as possible. :p

Skywalker_T-65 likes this.
  11. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    That too :p

heels1785 likes this.
  12. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Yeah, now the rook has to play against the best arguer in the draft. :p

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Well, things could change in this last week, in terms of standings and matchups. We'll see!

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Sunday Morning Special!

Match Day 8: Final Regular Season Round

Start/Finish line at Mos Espa Grand Arena (Racetrack) - the scene is active, battles take place during Boonta Eve podrace, bleachers are full.

[​IMG]

First 5 numbers are: 7, 2, 4, 6, 9!

Mikaboshi vs. DarkEagle
    Shado Vao vs. Darth Nyriss
    Worror Dowmat/Raskta Lsu/Sarro Xaj vs. Galen Marek
    Luke Skywalker vs. Kar Vastor
    Vodo Siosk-Baas (prep) vs. Kao Cen Darach
    Forfeit (Dowmat/Lsu/Xaj) vs. Rahm Kota

COH vs. Jordan
    Darth Havok/Darth Maladi vs. Darth Talon/Jerec
    Darth Malak vs. Darth Traya (prep)
    Darth Wyyrlock (prep) vs. Lord Vitiate
    Darth Tyranus vs. Forfeit (Talon/Jerec)
    Xanatos (prep) vs. Gethzerion

Skywalker vs. Yodaminch
    Anya Kuro/Ki-Adi Mundi vs. Tholme/Aayla Secura
    Shaak Ti vs. Leia Organa Solo (prep)
    Azlyn Rae vs. Bastila Shan (prep)
    Quinlan Vos (prep) vs. Ahsoka Tano
    Ferus Olin vs. Satele Shan

TLI vs. Whiteeagle
    Lord Kas'im vs. Nomi Sunrider
    Darth Malgus vs. Ulic Qel-Droma/Cay Qel-Droma
    Darth Sidious vs. Lord Hoth
    Kaox Krul vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi/Qui-Gon Jinn
    Asajj Ventress vs. Mara Jade Skywalker (prep)

Furio vs. Point Given
    Exar Kun (prep) vs. Agen Kolar
    Barriss Offee/Luminara Unduli vs. Anakin Skywalker
    Sora Bulq/Depa Billaba vs. Tahiri Veila/Anakin Solo
    Darth Caedus vs. Ben Skywalker (!!!!)
    Lumiya (prep) vs. Antares Draco/Ganner Krieg

Some great matches here. Skywalker and Minch's entire slate is essentially too close to call. Let's close out the regular season with some awesome arguments!

15. Lenea_Sandstrider

Sep 2, 2012
    At least Ferus continues his fine tradition of saving me from top fighters :p

Otherwise though...this should be fun.

heels1785 likes this.
  16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Oh just wow. The Master/Apprentice trump match is awesome. Leia and Shaak Ti wow. Bastila though, I think she edges out Azlyn. Quinlan and Ahsoka is quite interesting as well. Ok. I'll go prep some arguments. This will be interesting.

17. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I think we actually had Quinlan/Ashoka last draft.

Don't remember who won, but I don't think either of them had prep that time around. Either way though, these are going to be fun to argue.

18. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    Wow. Good stuff. Nice end to the regular season. ;)

19. Lenea_Sandstrider

Sep 2, 2012
    I seem to be having issues with my internet...so I may be delayed on args.

I'm just hoping it's a glitch at this point, and not something broken on my comp.

20. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Darth Havok/Darth Maladi vs. Darth Talon/Jerec

I think Talon and Jerec have the feats and Force powers to give them the edge here.

Darth Talon
    • Fought Cade and Hosk Tey'lis, and beat Hosk. Cade then had to channel the dark side to overpower her.
    • Trained Cade.
    • Fought Cade again, but the fight was ended because of explosives.
    • Fought Cade once again, but was overpowered as Cade had gotten stronger than before.
    • Defeated Elke Vetter without taking any damage.
    • Fought and overpowered Shado Vao and Wolf Sazen simultaneously.
    • Was strong in the Force, being able to execute Elke with Force lightning and Force push Shado to the ground, which he wasn't able to recover from for a while.

Jerec
    • Fought Kyle where he launched a concentrated blast of Force energy at him, which knocked him back.
    • Tash Arranda compared him to Vader as being not quite as strong.
    • Had great control of telekinesis and was great in lightsaber defence.
    • Was able to use large blasts of explosive Force energy.
    • Used a ball of energy which drove Rahn to his knees and also had a paralysing effect.
    • Mastered Force lightning and was able to use his hatred through Force waves that were able to disorientated and disable his opponents.

21. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Sora Bulq/Depa Billaba vs. Tahiri Veila/Anakin Solo

I'm just going to use my last write up on my trump.

Sora Bulq and Depa Billaba were Jedi Masters and this is where I think these battles take place, when the characters are at their peek. So if this is the case, then you’re now dealing with two experienced, battle tested Jedi Masters that now are working together. Mace worked to REFINE Vaapad with Bulq who was according to some (I know this is rep) a master at all lightsabre forms which is a feat that he has accomplished. Refine I would say is to perfect the form which means Bulq is a master at it. Bulq kills Oppo Ranciss albeit when he’s dark, but he still accomplishes this with stealth and cunning. Sora Bulq sends Mace Windu flying with a Force push during their dual which proves his Force abilities/power are formidable. Another win for Bulq is against Tholme who survives the dual only because Vos parries the killing strike. Tholme may not have a great track record sabre wise but Dooku praises Tholme’s duelling skills (Republic Comics), and he is considered highly intelligent and crafty.

Depa Billaba again, is a battle tested Jedi Master, a Jedi Consular on the High Council. She was one of only three beings that mastered Vaapad with Bulq and Mace. She was considered enlightened and a great problem solver which helps in any fight. A Jedi Consular by nature uses their minds in battle and can come up with a strategy easily. Mace Windu considered her a worthy opponent and he admitted that she almost beat him during her time in the Summer Time War when she was a general with Kar Vastor. Also, Billaba has a lot of battle experience as she was very active during and before the clone wars.

In conclusion, these are two Jedi Masters that are masters in the same form as the man they are fighting against. Each has fought and dealt damage to Mace Windu as feats when they were solo, and together they would be a much formidable opponent.

Tahiri is the weakest link obviously and so I think Depa could finish her quickly and join Bolq to fight Anakin, who I think Bolq can more than handle. Bolq has the chops to keep up with the kid.

Lumiya vs. Imperial Knights Trump

Feats:

Lumiya defeats Flint

Duels Mara Jade to a draw
    Fought Luke to the limit before she even trained with Vergere
    Was a master at creating Force Phantoms.
    Fought Luke to a standstill on Gillater VIII
    Fought Mara on Hesperidium
    Fought Luke again and drove him close to Dark Side by giving up.

Lumiya was a master strategist, see the Second Galactic Civil War. She manipulated Jacen, Luke, Mara, and pretty much the whole galaxy into a war. So with the Prep she can make a plan of attack for the trump. Also with the Prep comes her ability to make traps, bombs, and use poisonous weapons. In terms of her combat skill the duels she has had are formidable. Her light-whip is a weapon that will need getting used to by anyone as it’s like five lightsabres that she can wield and adjust depending if she wants a ranged attack or get up close and personal. Her cybernetics also enhance her speed and strength. Lumiya was a master at espionage, traps, bombs, and poisons. She can manipulate your perception with Force phantasms.

The Imperial Knights that fell in battle were all killed by powerful members of the One Sith, ie Darth Talon and Darth Krayt. For the exception of Krayt Lumiya I think could have taken all the One Sith members and therefore could handle Imperial Knights. Her prep is the key in that she can manipulate Draco and Krieg with her Force illusions/phantoms, both these guys had woman issues that affected them in combat, especially the best of the trump, Draco.

"I don't think the three of us are a match for Lumiya. She fought the Grand Master to a standstill. She's Master level. We're two Jedi Knights and one Force-blind space jockey."

―Zekk,

Darth Caedus vs. Ben Skywalker

Going to use my previous post on Caedus with some amendments for Ben.

"I tell you this: though neither he nor they yet know it, he is the greatest of all the Jedi. Jacen Solo is the living Jedi dream. Even without the Force, he is more dangerous than you can possibly imagine."
    ―Vergere, to Nom Anor

-
    - Jacen defeated Nom Anor and Onimi.
    -
    - Become one with the Force while living! Tionne Solusar described him as "briefly transformed into the most powerful manifestation of the Force on record."
    -
    - He took on the Sword of the Jedi twice and only lost to her the second time because he was distracted and she had Luke helping her.
    -
    - He stalemated Luke Skywalker and injured him severely, on the Anakin Solo.
    -
    - Owned Kyle Katarn and a team of Jedi.
    -
    - Defeated a PO’d Mara Jade Skywalker.
    -
    - Defeated a bunch of Mandos, which isn’t a big deal unless you're Karen Traviss
    -
    - His lightsabre skills second only to Luke IMO.
    -
    - Darth Caedus is another master manipulator
    -
    - Could break through mental attacks and influence others through the Force.
    -
    - Could be the focal point of Battle Meditation – Battle of Myrkr
    -
    - “Solo could use the Force to project a sensation of dread to others, driving them away, and exert a powerful mind trick that would could compel even a talented Jedi. He was also able to fool the perceptions of fellow Jedi and project a false Force presence.”
    -
    - “He also had a natural talent with those Force skills involved in the manipulation of the body. Solo was able to use the Force to dull pain. He was also talented in healing, able to skillfully put others into healing trances, among other healing powers. He could exercise precise control over his own bodily functions, manipulating blood flow and organ performance in order to modify his physical condition and adapt to his environment or wounds. Solo could also influence others, putting them to sleep or lending them strength.”
    -
    - He used the Force to see the future
    -
    - “As both Jacen Solo and Darth Caedus, he had more than merely the light side at his command. During his fall to the dark side while wandering on Coruscant, Solo instinctively summoned Force lightning and performed a Force choke as well. When he became a Sith Lord, Solo commanded both those powers, and he applied them quite liberally. After becoming Darth Caedus, he had access to Sith battle meditation, giving him an ability to anticipate events and understand and manipulate the battlefield. When furious, Caedus began to manifest physical effects of the dark side, turning his irises yellow. In addition, his time as a captive of the Yuuzhan Vong had taught him how to suppress his responses to pain through sheer willpower, though he still felt the sensation. Eventually, he became capable of virtually ignoring physical pain, shrugging off such wounds as an amputated arm or a lightsabre blade through his midsection.”

All the abilities he learned while on his five year trek. Flow walking, Blood trails, Fighting Sight etc etc etc

I like Ben, the kid can fight, do CSI :p, and he’s Luke’s son. We see him fight with many Tribe of the Sith opponents and he was going to be a future top 5 pick with that Force lineage, but Disney blew up Ben’s prime. So the fact remains we have a Jedi Knight with great genes and tons of potential against the man that has reached full potential, almost killed Luke, screwed with Ben’s head, killed his mom, and is a top 5 pick, top 3 if you’re me.

22. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Tahiri/Anakin vs Depa/Sora:

The problem with Depa is her mental instability. Even though she's in her prime in this battle, you cannot discount what happened to her. Paired with Sora Bulq, you have a very unstable trump. Talented yes, but one that can be shattered. Tahiri and Anakin, on the other hand, have a very stable trump given their relationship. I think you're undervaluing Tahiri a bit. She's been a Jedi Knight, a Sith apprentice, a bounty hunter and the Imperial Hand. She's fought in the Yuuzhan Vong War, the Second Galactic Civil War, and the war against the Lost Tribe and Abeloth. She's been broken, but unlike Depa and Sora, she put her life back together. Meanwhile Depa and Sora were Masters during a pretty peaceful time of the Republic until the Clone Wars, and you can see what those wars did their psyche. And Anakin Solo is Anakin Solo, regardless of his short career. If anything, Depa is the weak link here against Tahiri.

Antares/Ganner vs Lumiya

Lumiya has some great moments, but they all seem to come thanks to outside help. (with the exception of her first duel with Luke who was newly trained and not expecting a lightwhip) She nearly gets killed by Mara on Hesperidium, but is saved by Ship. She nearly gets killed by Tresina Lobi on Coruscant, but is saved by Alema Rar. The only reason she's able to cut Luke's hand off at the Rooqoo Depot is because he was busy saving Mara from Alema. That's all well and good...except she's facing two enemies by herself in this go-around. Again, you have a very stable trump who have fought alongside each other for eight years ago against Sith, including Darth Krayt and his Hands. They've survived ambushes on Agamar and the Wheel, and they've even infiltrated Korriban itself and slew dozens of Sith. They can handle Lumiya

Ben Skywalker vs Darth Caedus

If only Disney hadn't cut out the EU :( I love Ben, but Caedus beats him.

23. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, i just... can't even remotely see voting ben in that matchup. it's interesting, but ben's nowhere near caedus power level. heck, i doubt i'd take ben over jacen circa end of the NJO or dark nest.

24. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Think what you like with the Malak vs. Traya fight. I personally think they've both proven to be as powerful as each other, but Malak has the better feats. But with prep, Traya should have the edge here.

25. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    I'll get something up soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.