main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA The 14th Questions, Complaints, and Everything Else Thread: Fear its Power!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MrZAP, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Actually, my favorite kind of weather is overcast, cold, and windy...so no. For me, it's an awful day and I'm staying inside.

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I think that's where all of my missing socks are also.

Socks are kind of cool and pretty easy over all. That's assuming I'm doing them right. My older niece saw my socks as I was knitting them and so she asked me to make her a pair too. I finished mine and the older niece's and am about half way done with the second one's pair. I'll post pics.

3. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I can knit and crochet but it hurts my hands. I want to get back in the habit but it's too hard on me. (I know I sound like an old lady)

4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I know what you mean. I have to stop every once in a while to let my hands and arms heal a bit.

5. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    "Rabbit, rabbit!"

6. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I picked the best time to go on vacation. We had a bunch of natural disasters here while I was away. It's all good now but it seems that people were working into the wee hours of the morning.

7. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    :eek:Did "rhymes-with-Keith" break the studio?

8. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Err, "Bunny, Bunny!" (?)

9. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Jay, it is a "good luck" tradition to say Rabit the first word you say of the new month.

Ok, so last week Culver City had a power outage today the water main broke and there was no water pressure. No one could use the restroom for much of the day especially if they were on an upper floor. I don't know what's going on with the city but they sure are having some troubles.

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Tonight I have to bake five dozen cookies for my padawan's Homecoming dance. It's an awful lot of cookies.

11. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Just make them really small.

12. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I know it's more expensive and not quite the same, but you might trying picking up those instant ones from the dairy section of the supermarket. I've bought them on sale and gotten compliments, only a couple of people even guessed they were an instant mix. You can make several dozen cookies in less than an hour or two this way. Also, it's a lot less messy than making cookies from scratch and your padawan can do a lot of the work, even if he doesn't know how to bake.

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    They need to be at least 2" in diameter and I would never bring store bought cookies to a school event.

I'm actually looking forward to making them. I bought a bigger ice cream scoop so I can make bigger cookies.

14. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Wow, they even have specs on cookies now. This planet has way too many rules and regulations...I'm moving to Jupiter or something. [face_thinking]

15. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I'd be curious as to what they would do if someone brought smaller cookies?? Is there a cookie police or something?

16. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I believe they are called the cookie regulations enforcement squad. They have batons.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    They are for service hours at my padawan's school. Smaller cookies would result in a reduced number of hours. My cookies ended up being about four inches in diameter. Oh well. I made three batches and it came out to be five dozen plus four (they will stay home for our consumption).

18. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Wow, schools today. I didn't really ever bring a lot of stuff for my classes, even if it was my birthday.

19. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I just did those valentine's for everyone in the class, even th bullies. I didn't like having to include them.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    My favorite school birthday memory is when my mom surprised me by bringing cupcakes to my classroom. They had those hard sugar decorations and it spelled out Happy Birthday DH (well, you get the idea). I did it for my padawan when my padawan was in pre-school but with a summer birthday you really can't do it at school.

I know most are actually doing work (selling raffle tickets and stuff like that) but I really like to go to games to watch the game and am usually annoyed by people who interrupt my viewing time so I can't really see doing that. I may volunteer for their big year end fundraiser and get some hours that way. Otherwise I've sent loads of stuff to the school. I'm volunteering some food for their monthly faculty lunch.

21. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    When my sister & I were in grade school our Mom always volunteered for things & almost always made cupcakes for school parties & bake sales & such. She was very involved and eventually became president of the PTA. Looking back on it, I appreciate how much she cared about the schools her kids were attending. You done good, DH!

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Well, I guess I've done it now. I am now on the monthly food list so I can provide goodies for the teachers and stuff. I'm baking a fruit tart for this month's lunch as well as providing a bunch of drinks. It'll be fun plus I'll go through my hours quicker this way. I think I must have about 7 of my 25 required done already. Some are almost done but they are really working and I just don't want to do that.

23. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    When I was 10 years old, I watched my Mom bake a cake for my birthday. She saw me trying to open the can of frosting and reprimanded me, saying she needed it all for the cake. When she left for the market to buy some soft drinks and ice for the party, I ate the entire can of frosting. I became very ill for the remainder of the day and missed my own party.

The moral of this story is that Jar-Jar does not come with Pickles-Pickles.

24. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I have a dream job! (I mean, nightmares are dreams, right?)

25. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Speaking of volunteering and doing good things for kids and such... My little ol' IEFF is once again participating in the CHOC/Disneyland Resort Walk in the Park on October 21. It's a fundraiser for the Children's Hospital of Orange County. We did it last year and raised about $900 and would like to break $1000 this time around.

If anybody would like to make a donation towards our Fan Force goal and sponsor me, it would be realy, truly and deeply appreciated!! You can do it by debit/credit card by going here. Thanks for considering it!![:D]

I hope it's okay that I posted this here. Since it's an actual Inland Empire Fan Force event, I thought it would be okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.