main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA The 14th Questions, Complaints, and Everything Else Thread: Fear its Power!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MrZAP, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Is this a private school DH? It sounds like one.

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Unfortunately all of my local schools are terrible so my padawan has gone to private schools since kindergarten.

3. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I am back from Portland. Whew! We had a great time...we got to hang out with JT, I bought an amazing painting at a gallery up there, we met super-nice people, and it was cold and rainy and windy, in short -- it was gorgeous! Boy, it feels really hot and dry here now...up there, there was moss on the sidewalk! Anyway, it was short trip, and I can't wait to go back!

4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Sounds like you had a great time, JB. I hope JT is well.

5. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Welcome home, JB. Hope you gave JT lots of hugs from all of us.

My complaint is, DH got Columbus day off & I didn't! Waaahh!

6. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Welcome home JB though I told you that Sunday.

Complaint, work is weird now, I'm getting to do some freelance work so that is good though.

Everthing else, I organized an event with the 501st/RL at Sony over the weekend and it went very well. I hadn't organized anything before with the groups but it all seemed to go great and the charity that we did it for was happy so I would say it was a success. I have maybe 40 volunteers in costume and there were said to be 400 little kids throughout the day though I don't think it was that many. Seemed to be more parents than kids.

7. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    What do you "freelance" at, SR?? How is your car? I hope everything is okay.

Today I'm cleaning and costuming. I'm taking a day off from "working," so woooo!

8. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    This morning I attended the memorial service of one of the vice-presidents of our company. I am still in shock as I was just joking and laughing with him not 10 days ago. I don't understand how someone with so much life and vitality in him could have passed so suddenly and abruptly.

As Shakespeare said,"Lest we forget how fragile we are."

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Sorry to hear about your VP JJ.

JB, I'm freelancing over at Symantec. Actually I'm working for a consulting company that is doing work for Symantec. I'm going to be working two hours per night and all day Saturdays for the next three weeks starting Thursday. This will more than pay for my trip to London and then get me started for the holiday season and my trip to Texas. Timing couldn't have been better.

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    A little while ago I couldn't post on this thread. Strange.

Sorry to hear about your VP, J_J.

Wow SR! I'm glad you have that extra windfall but boy, you must be exhausted.

Oh, and the socks I knitted for my oldest niece was too small so she gave it to her younger sister who gave hers to the youngest sister. I now have to knit a new one for my oldest niece. MAN!

11. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
  12. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    OMG! What is this from??? This so made my night!! That is if my ears would stop bleeding...

13. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    It was like a train wreck. I ended up watching the whole thing. I just know I'm gonna have nightmares!! [face_worried]

14. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I'm gonna forward this one. It's that good. (Or should I say "that bad?" How 'bout "that ridiculous?")

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I only lasted 10 seconds.

16. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Complaint: The next several days, possibly week or two (hopefully not more) are going to be absolutely horrific without the 5 freeway for me.

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I only thought that affected the 5 South of LA LB? Not north coming from your home? Or am I mistaken?

My complaint is my feet are killing me. I worked 12 hours today putting bags on computer monitors, stacking crates, and crawling under desk disconnecting phones and boxing them up. The good thing was free lunch of Pizza Hut and free dinner of El Pollo Loco. I stuffed myself.

I have to be at the Culver City location tomorrow at 9am. It won't be as long of a day so that's good but I'm really not complaining as the job is easy and the pay is good.

18. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Its the 5 freeway, both directions, closed coming into and out of santa clarita.
    Last night when I was coming home, it was the 14 and part of the 210 north as well.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    My arms and hands hurt from knitting but I'm almost done with one of my niece's socks.

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I worked another 9 hours today and I have to be at job number 1 tomorrow at 6am! Good grief.

I'm going out to dinner now. Summer, my first LA roommate is having a birthday dinner so I need to stop by and say hello.

21. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Why is the freeway closed?

22. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    The big accident involving 28 commercial vehicles friday night that led to a fire on the 5 south truck route, which runs directly under the 5 freeway north and south.

23. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    JJ! Come out from under that rock, man! Aw, just kidding...but it was all over the news, including national internet news...;) Good luck on the commute today Lowbacca!

SR -- that's harsh, but paying off debt is good. Think how happy you'll feel next month when this is all over.

My complaint is that, even though I rarely go out right now, since I've been working so hard on business projects at home, I still managed to catch something nasty. I have chills and fever and have been spending long weak hours in bed. :( No, I don't need any advice, I just hope it goes away before the 30 Days premiere tomorrow night!

24. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    Awww, feel better soon, JB!

I can't stay awake at work today. I've raided Programming twice now for coffee and I'm still sleepy. It might be because I've been cleaning and moving furniture etc. all weekend long to finish off my townhouse remodel. Or it might be due to the lack of sun today. Or maybe, just maybe, it's due to my sister's company picnic yesterday---she's a chemist at Miller Brewing. Hmmmm. In any case, I'm ready to roll under my desk for a nap!

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Poor JB. Get better.

JN, I can't wait to see your newly remodeled digs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.