main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA The 14th Questions, Complaints, and Everything Else Thread: Fear its Power!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MrZAP, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I will admit to living under the rock named Symantec. With all the hours I put in this weekend I didn't find out about the accident until Sunday night. Hope all is well LB. And I also have the next couple of evenings off while the team regroups for the next round.

JN, your sister makes beer? Why wasn't this disclosed sooner? DB, JR, and I will discuss your punishment.

JB, I left you a voicemail, but there has been a major shake up at work today. They laid off my boss today one hour back from a two week vacation. He didn't even have time to check his email or voicemail. Also they didn't tell his boss they were doing it so I feel he may be next. So my new boss is named Patrick Dempsey, but not Mc Dreamy I'm afraid. We have a meeting tomorrow with him so we can tell him what our jobs are.

2. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Thanks SR, it wasn't too bad today, but I don't leave home till 5 pm on mondays... tomorrow I'll start seeing what earlier in the day traffic is like.
    The worst is over with, at least, since I got caught in the traffic friday night/saturday morning and so I had a 2 1/2 hour drive from sylmar to my house and didn't actually get home til just a hair after 5 in the morning and had to be back in san fernando valley the next day by noon back out through the same traffic.

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Wow! SR that's really harsh! Sorry about all of the upheaval going on at your workplace. I hope it gets better soon.

4. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Would you be better off getting a hotel until the mess is over LB. It may be expensive but you will be rested and keep your sanity.

So I'm feeling guilty at work today. I think I may actually like my new boss. We had a meeting with him today so our VP (who is also soon to be gone I believe) could introduce us to him. I was upbeat and pleasant and so were three other of his new direct reports but then there was this one guy who wouldn't even look him in the eye and when he spoke about his job duties he just said it in a grumpy voice and talked as if his job wasn't that important. I say you have two ways of looking at it and though I may look as if I'm selling out to the new guy I have to think about my future. What has happened may suck, but I have to live with it and since I'm not coming into any great fortune soon it's best to accept what has happened and make the best of it.

My new boss asked me today if I would give him a list of things I would liked changed in the department. He said I was to complain to him in a positive way. So that's what I will do. I'm going to be his yes man for a while or at least until I feel safe in my job again. I have to make him think he can't live without me.

In other work news I start back at Symantec tomorrow night and work every night and all day Saturday.

5. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Sounds like you've got a good strategy planned.

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Survival of the fittest, SR. I wish you luck. I have to admit that you have the right attitude though.

7. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I have made beer for 5 years now. Why did I not know this...

BTW, if anyone cares, I am stil alive and well, and having lots of fun, but so so darn busy lately. Still unpacking, dating, eating red meat, and sometimes watching a little TV.
    Redondo rocks. Lots of fun.

8. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    DB, you live pretty close to GForce now.

9. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Knitting: if you don't do it for a while...man, do your chops go downhill! :( That is all.

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    It is funny how your hands forget after a while.

11. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Oh man, apparently there was a screening of Planet in Peril at the Chinese last night, and all the peeps involved as well as various celebs were there. So...I'm kinda GLAD I'm not there right now because I'd be beating myself up about not knowing about it were I there!!

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm guessing this is an Anderson Cooper thing ES?

DB, I'm glad you are having fun.

I may not have to work this weekend. I think they are running out of things for us to do. Tonight we walked the place again picking up e-waste. When did everything electronic become e-something?

I like the banner, it is fun.

13. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Yah, he was there along with the other PiP guys, Sanjay Gupta and Jeff Corwin. Matthew Mc-however-you-spell-his-name was there too, and some other celebs (I forget who).

14. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I was at the Chinese as the guest of a VIP for a premiere the other night, and let me tell you: you can see NOTHING as a guest! Nada. Zilch. Zippo. They wouldn't even let us stand in the lobby. I had to pretend to be getting popcorn about a thousand times just to meet my screenwriter friend as he left the red carpet. He was mad about it too. They gave us about 30 seconds to get into our seats before starting the flick too. To protect ze stars... Stupid Chinese Theatre goons. Grrr.

15. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I was looking for you on TV JB at that premiere. I didn't see you, or anyone else that I recognize.

My complaint: I'm too busy with work. It's not making me happy.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    We went to the Varsity game last night and it was so sad. We were leading 14-0 at the half and really through the third quarter then Loyola scored three times making it 14-21. We scored with a bit more than 9 seconds left on the clock and missed the extra point so we lost 20-21. It was sad. The poor boys were so dejected.

17. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    My everything else comment for today: I'm really excited because we got a new shredder! How pathetic is that? LOL

Anyway, it's really cool: it'll handle credit cards, CDs, pretty much anything -- and it makes confetti, not strips!

Yes, I'm easily amused. [face_blush]

18. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Went to Halloween Haunt for the first time last night. It was pretty cool. Not too scary for me. Went through some interesting mazes, the best being the ones in 3-D. Only rode two rides, but it was a good, long night.

Next year, Hollywood Horror Nights at Universal! (they have adult drinks there)

19. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Gosh, I am depressed right now. I wish I could turn back time, sometimes... :(

20. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Great Scott! :eek:

21. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Yeah, like you're going to do your credit cards... ;)

Mary-SPJ

22. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    But you could, that's the point :)

23. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Hollywood Horror nights was so much fun the year I went.

Then Universal stopped having them for some reason.

Now that I am gone, they start them again.

Everyone hates me.

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Stupid Broncos.

25. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Owning a good shredder is definitely one of the underrated pleasures in life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.