main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA The 14th Questions, Complaints, and Everything Else Thread: Fear its Power!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MrZAP, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    That is exactly why.

2. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Et tu, Brute?

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Yeah, we all feel that way, JT. [face_batting]

4. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I dont hate you, JT! [:D]

5. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I barely know you JT, so I don't love or hate you![face_dancing]

6. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I guess I kind of sort of love you, maybe. Well, I know I do like you. When are you going to forsake the great white north & come home, JT?

7. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Hopefully I will visit in December and we can all go out and do something.

Though it will be close to the holidays and I know most will be busy.

It will be nice to see everyone.

8. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    I'm never so busy that I can't see you! [:D]

9. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Though I find it weird that you don't eat meat and still have that photo of Kirk Cameron on your bedroom wall, I still like you too.

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JT, if you are still around in January you can come to open house at your old alma mater to see how much it has changed.

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I took the day off today to take care of some stuff and while doing the dishes I heard the most painful yelp. Mr. DH, who is also home said it was a dog in pain and ran outside. He brought in Monty. Well, I took ol' Monty to the vet to see if he broke his leg since he's favoring his front left leg and after a series of x-rays the vet could not find a fracture. She thinks it may be a soft tissue injury. I have an appointment with the surgeon (another office) tomorrow morning to confirm. I hope it is because last year Juliet broke her hip and leg and it cost quite a bit. Sigh... well, our dogs are worth it. So for now I have doggie downers and anti-inflammatory meds for ol' Monty and he gets sequestered into the little bathroom again. For now, he's sitting on the floor near me.

12. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Sorry to hear about Monty. I hope he gets better! We spend a lot on our dog too.. and pet insurance is kind of a joke.

13. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    I read your story about the game against Loyola, and just laughed. I don't think in my 4 years at that school we ever beat them.

I haven't been back there since 95'.

14. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Some things you don't know about me can be found here: beware, I lay my entire view about life on the table. You may be stunned, confused, turned away, or ecstatit, I don't know. But I think it's something you guys should know.

http://boards.theforce.net/the_senate_floor/b10320/22759565/p49/?1225

Last page, right now. Might be a different one later on.

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I was so heartbroken when we lost against Loyola, JT. JR told me that SF usually lost all of the games he attended. I think we've only been to one winning game. Sad but true. Any way, when they win, the boys sing the school song very enthusiastically. When they lose, you can't hear them at all.

It appears that Monty should be okay, thanks for your concern, JR. He seems to be putting some weight on his injuried leg which is more than I can say for Juliet when she broke her leg last year. It's weird because we've had dogs for the entire 17 years we've been married and only these last two years have we had such problems. Oy!

16. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Poor puppies! At least you're taking care of them. Kudos, DH. Those people who say they're not worth it are why I can't watch Emergency Vets.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks ES! I'm sure Monty is fine now. This morning I took him outside to take care of business as Mr. DH was leaving for the morning walk and Monty was pulling so hard on the leash I was sure he was fine. He still favors it but he is practically back to normal. I am tempted to cancel his appointment but would feel better to know he has a clean bill of health.

18. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm glad to hear Monty is ok. We had Momo spayed a week ago. She's supposed to be taking it easy, but she's as active as ever.

Today's complaint: I was cut off 5 times on my way to work today! What's up with people who cut you off and then drive much slower than you. I couldn't believe what was happening. Anyone who knows me knows that I have major road rage problems. It's just I try to be a courteous driver, if someone behind me is coming up fast, I move out of the way. But these people do the complete opposite. I don't think they even look when they switch lanes. Lame-os.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I have never had a dog slow down after being fixed.

I totally know what you mean, JR. Earlier this week, I was stuck behind a guy who did not know that blinky red light means stop and then proceed when safe. Well, I honked to get the guy to move and he gestured as if to indicate, what do you want me to do? Any way, he eventually moved and later on the freeway when I passed him he honked like crazy at me then tried to pass me so he can slow down in front of me. Stupid guy.

20. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
  21. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Puppies and doggies are very fragile creatures. That's why I only keep rancors and dianogas as pets. They are much more hearty, and will eat unwanted guests for you.

22. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I'm gladM Monty will make a full recovery.

I'm used to being cut off in LA...but that situation drives me up a wall as well. I've almost been run into multiple times lately because people just like to change lanes...for fun! Wheee! No turn signal or any indication. Like a bullseye on my car.

Cool PSA CBM.

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I've seen the PSA before and I think they replayed it at one of the Celebrations, probably CIV.

Well, Monty is fine. It appears he sprained his wrist but with rest and minimal activity he should make a full recovery. I'm glad he didn't break anything.

My complaint du jour is waiting. I had a 10 am appointment with the Vet and waited for 50 frakking minutes! Fortunately the vet was merciful and only charged me half ($67) for the less than 10 minute visit. And the women in that clinic are the stupidest people alive! The one that really got my goat was the one with about a ton of makeup plastered on her face who was complaining that the size XS scrubs shirt she just put on was WAY TOO BIG when her co-workers were obviously wearing larger sizes. I think her make up must have been dripping down onto her scrubs. Stupid cow. I hate that vet center. I like mine. They are polite, professional, friendly, and really nice. All of the doctors are nice, save one who is actually nice to me but mean to Mr. DH.

24. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    People who "hurry up to slow down" (they HAVE to pass you & be ahead of you even though they are driving AT LEAST 15% slower than you) tick me off, too. Especially in the fast lane.

People just speeding or changing lanes don't bug me, unless they are doing it recklessly. Yesterday some guy was changing lanes, but "hurrying up to slow down." He cut me off at least three times, twice I'm pretty sure deliberately (more or less). So, guess what bumper sticker was on his car.

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I had one of Jamba Juice's new crunchy smoothie today, the morning glory, and it was tasty. It had lots of peanutty buttery goodness. Yum! Too bad it's probably loaded with about 10,000,000 calories, half of which are from fat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.