main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA The 14th Questions, Complaints, and Everything Else Thread: Fear its Power!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MrZAP, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varekeii

Varekeii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    It was orignially by Ogden Nash, who also wrote,
    "God in his wisdom created the fly,
    and then forgot to tell us why."

Proust it ain't, but I'd recommend Ogden Nash to anyone who has a sense of humor but is ambivalent about poetry.

2. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    You guys like peanuts too much. TWIX is the perfect candy bar, especially the limited (and long-gone) dark edition, the only dark version aside from Milky Way Midnight that was any good. I also really like PB Cups (only original or the special "Elvis" edition w/banana--the dark and the white ones are no good) and Kit Kat. And for the small/fun sizes, Nestle Crunch is really good. I don't know why it's better small...maybe just as a really pleasant break from all the Snickers monotony?

I spent Halloween evening/night with yet another migrane. I hate my sinuses!!!

3. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    ES,
    Hope you feel better. And I agree Nestle crunch is only good a small bite sized nugget

4. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I bought a bag of small Nestle Crunch bars and my TA's completely emptied the bag in the 30 minutes they were there today. Oh well, it keeps me from eating them.

On a totally different subject... DH, did you ever get your back yard finished?

5. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm angry that they didn't have biscuits and gravy this morning at my work cafe.

6. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    And they taste pretty good at your work place? Hmmm I'd think a guy from Texas would be picky about his biscuits and gravy. My mom and aunts are (they're from Virginia). I don't care for them.

I'm looking forward to going and getting my grande iced nonfat pumpkin spice latte right now. Mm yeah. That's how I start my day.

7. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I never had biscuits & gravy until I moved to California. They are almost always delicious, but, so bad for you.

8. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    I still smell the scent of syrup, pancakes and bacon our commissary served up this morning for breakfast. On top of that, I now smell some kind of honey roasted meal. The hazards of having an office around the corner!

9. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    This is turning into a real food centered thread lately. And I'm going to contribute to that and ask if anyone has heard of Soibassa? (I don't know if that spelling is anywhere near correct.) It's supposed to be some kind of catfish and is not half bad.

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I've never heard of it. Catfish is something I've had a lot of growing up in East Texas not always my favorite unless cooked and seasoned just right, it can be really fishy. I just had Chinese fast food. It was free, all I had to do was listen to a presentation on recycling carpet.

11. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    After working really hard to get rid of an albatross project, I think our alternatives are not possible. This is bad.

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    This thread too is now too long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.