main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA The 14th Questions, Complaints, and Everything Else Thread: Fear its Power!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MrZAP, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Well she's full of poop. You know what? 9/11 sucked, and it hurt a lot of families. What about the others that worried about another attack when that pipe exploded? She's selfish. That's our society today, sue for everything and anything. I hope she looses big time.

Don't worry JR, I don't read the books either, and am a little left out too.

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Wow, Varekei, that's extremely harsh and not what I've found in my experience with most people. Yes, there are some rotten ones out there, but not the majority. Maybe we're both just looking at folks from a different point of view. I try to choose to see the good more than the bad. I feel sad that the experiences in your life have led you to your opinion of the human race.

3. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] APL, I thought you meant my post. I laughed.

4. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Yes, that's exactly what I try to do. I say no one is beyond redemption, just like Anakin. Even if you're a really mean person, everyone is good at heart, and that's what I try to find in people. After that, I try to reveal their own good qualities to them.

So far I have little success. I need to be more charismatic...

5. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Or refuse to fight them in a duel and allow them to kill an evil emperor for you. Just tell them "There is good in you...I feel it." :)

In other news, my parents are away in Nevada. Party at APLs! (not really, please don't come to my house with a keg)

6. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Maybe it's a matter of semantics as much as experience. I don't hate people at all. But, I don't think very many of us operate on an altruistic level very often.

So, essentially, I've said that the only reason that people don't behave better is because of their misconceptions and/or pain...like Annakin. So, we actually agree that most people have the capacity for great goodness and redemption.

But, if you think I'm cynical because of the sad things that have happened to me in my life:_|, hugs are always accepted.:D

Well, at least JR doesn't have to be bored with the posts anymore.;)

7. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    *hugs VK2*

And, interestingly enough, one of my parents (mom) is out of town, and my dad probably wouldn't mind people coming over. But I'm not so sure that would be such a great idea to just invite people.[face_laugh]

8. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    My son's mom will be out of town Wed. and Thurs. nights. Party at my house.

:confused:

9. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    With the price of gas being what it is, JF, partying at your house would cost me a whole paycheck! Beyond the Dune Sea, that place is.

10. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Well, sports fans, I am bummed. Here I am in Dallas, where the Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination Exhibit is, and I can't afford to go. Why, you ask? Because it's actually in Fort Worth, I don't have a car, and cab fare would be $45 each way. :_|

11. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Did you get to go when it was here? I never got a chance.:_|

12. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    JJ, does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind?

It's a song by George Strait.

13. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    SR, Never heard that little ditty, but I have heard "All of my Exes are in Texas", and of course, the ever-popular "Jesus, drop-kick me through the goalposts of life" Yeeeee-Hawwwwwww! [face_cowboy]

14. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I want a nap. [face_tired]

15. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Ditto. I am so sleepyI-). I haven't been getting to sleep before midnight this week & I am definitely feeling it.

16. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Aye, I'm sleepy too.[face_tired] I'm always tired around this time of day though. That's because I spend every night reading in bed, and I usually don't stop till around 11:30 or midnight. Then I have to get up at 6:15...ugh.

17. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Huh? Why are you getting up so early in the morning in July? Are you going to summer school or did you find a summer job after all? Hey, does your school have a 'work/study' program? LAUSD has this thing called Work Experience. You should look into it, if you're still looking for a job.

18. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    I go to summer school My school is sort of a year-round school, except we get no homework during summer and we get an hour and a half less.:D

I've got a work/study program at my school that I did last year. I worked in the library for a semester. I was supposed to be paid...but never was.:_|

19. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    What??!!!! THE SCHOOL NEVER PAID YOU??!!! Are you part of Los Angeles Unified? 'Cause if you are, I'll look into it for you. But, we may have to start with a 'last tag' PM session (like Sol Jedi, Rowe Solo & her sisters & I do quite often.)

If you're part of another school district I wouldn't be able to find out anything, though.

20. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Yes, I'm part of LAUSD. And thank you, but they did warn us beforehand that they wouldn't be able to pay everyone, so there's not much I can do that I know of. Some others I know weren't paid either...

21. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Call Work Experience at (213) 745-1930. Maybe they can help you find a summer job AND get you your library pay, too.

22. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Er...how do you know this? What do you do, anyhow?

23. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I think the phrase you're looking for is "Thank you for looking that information up for me."

24. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    ...Roght, sorry. Thanks. I'll look into it.:oops:

25. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    'Sokay, CBM. (Although "gee, thanks, VK2," would be nice MZ.)

Actually, LAUSD is the 2nd biggest school district in the country, so, the question is actually understandable.

The office I work in is across a small parking lot from the Work Experience office & I know they do help students find summer jobs. I don't know EXACTLY what their superpowers are, but, MZ, you might as well give it a shot.

Buena Suerte!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.