main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 15th EUC Starfighter Draft: Ace Errant

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Point Given , Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    guess i'm just biased against lando then, because other than that one time, he's never impressed me as a pilot.

2. Dinkus_Mayhem

Dinkus_Mayhem Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2006
    And what has Syal done that has you all googly eyed?

That one thing from Lando is far more impressive than anything Syal has shown. Even if you completely ignore everything else he has done as well as Lando's almost unmatched luck in the SW universe, huge tactical edge, decades more experience and his unorthodox style that one single showing of skill from Lando is still more than a match for any of Syal's showings.

I have yet to hear what makes Syal so impressive.

3. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    don't think i ever said i found syal to be impressive. think she's probably somewhat overrated too. just think lando is more so.

and what good is tactics going to do in a completely open 1v1 situation? i mean, there's only so much that can be done for pete's sake.

here's a question... has lando EVER even flown a fighter? i mean, han has, and dash has, but lando? i mean, it does change things up just a little bit.

regardless, i'll take the person who actually made it into the military and was put into a new type of fighter than a guy who hasn't ever even, to my knowledge, flown a fighter. sooo... *shrugs*

part of why i don't know why in the world i picked boba fett. that was a stupid move on my part.

4. Dinkus_Mayhem

May 4, 2006
    Oh no, here we go with this line of thinking again. If Lando can dogfight and run through an explosive asteroid field without the benefit of sensors in a cumbersome cargo ship and come out better against 2 fighter squadrons, I think he would do just fine in something actually built for dogfighting.

And I would take the guy who was offered a permanent commission in the Tanaab military for his combat actions, given a pass all the way up to General of the Alliance military (based on the suggestion by Han and his prior actions) and then asked to train the pilots of that same military and also asked to lead the 2nd DS strike (with people like Wedge following his orders) over someone who really has done little more than go through academy training, tailed Han and Wedge for a bit before running into their junk, and was stashed away in a test squadron.

The superior tactical skill and ability to improvise in the heat of battle, experience, luck and skill that Lando has shown is far better than the questionable 2-3 showings of skill being cited on behalf of Syal. She doesn't have the experience and proven (time and time again) ability to tactically outwit others or improvise in battle, nor does she have the luck (and skill) that Lando has shown.

But yeah, that stuff means nothing. Especially not when facing someone who has the 1-2 punch of a name and training from popular pilots...even when that training has for the most part not been tested or proven in heated combat situations.

5. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    *shrugs* i'm done. i'm not really up to arguing or doing any research to argue it. so whatever.

6. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    GG5, however, is canon, so Lando did pilot the Falcon and did destroy the Exy's hanger bay

Without actually looking for examples: B-wing, exiting occupied Yuuzhan'tar orbit, pursued by a least a frigate and coralskippers, NJO Enemy Lines

7. Dinkus_Mayhem

May 4, 2006
  8. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    It is but what I'm going off is the 2004 version of RotJ, and checked several Wookie pages to see if it made any mention of it and they didn't. That's why I call it into question.

9. Dinkus_Mayhem

May 4, 2006
    Yet it is still canon regardless of if it is on wookie or in the film, right? A lot of stuff happened during the time of the movies that didn't appear on screen, yet it still happened. Canon is canon, you can't just pick and choose what events you want to accept or disregard.

10. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009

As others are wont to point out: wookiepedia =/= canon

Syal's actions at the Battle of Centerpoint are only mentioned in one book as well ;)

11. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

Finally in internet range. I was camping in the Adirondacks and i'd meant to come back last Monday but we all decided to stay another week. I'd actually forgotten about this thing until thurs.

On the basis of the Lando and Syal arguement. The decision has been made and made for days now. If you want to continue with the merits of one over the other take it to PM.

As for teams I'm going with Shurron Inty and LI. I'll elaborate when I'm off mobile and on my netbook

12. Dinkus_Mayhem

May 4, 2006
    Hey, judges!

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    1 (Inty)
    2 (LI)

I don't know who owns the teams in the first match, sorry.

14. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Its Shurron vs Prenn

15. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Ehh, I guess Prenn, mainly because of the top 2 on his team, that said if you want to argue, go ahead.

16. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Just a heads up, due to some personal matters, adam will be commishing the rest of the draft. I'll still be a judge, however.

17. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Ok next round

The Most Epic Finals Ever

Better on Blu-Ray Squadron vs Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Squadron

My Team's Only 6 Points Out of First (Third Place Match)

Yay Me! Starring Luke Skywalker! vs Attachment is a Jedi Code Violation

This is my Team, Team gets the "I can hit better than Jose Bautista" trophy. [image=http://fantasyfootballgoat.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/armchairqb_mg_8156.jpg]

Old Fossil Squadron gets the "Quick Pronounce the name of the SS for the Indians" trophy. [image=http://www.atomiclaserlab.com/San-Diego-Trophies/bad-golfer-trophy-san-diego.jpg]

I was There when Sith Returned to Korriban (Seventh Place Match)

Trim's Team vs The Integrity of Bruce Pearl Squadron for the "Tressel Sweater Vest" trophy.

Can Anyone Explain why Hockey's Still Playing (Ninth Place Trophy)

Red Rover Red Rover, Please Send Cade Over vs Mmmm! Cheese for "Corran's Lusankya Loincloth" trophy.

Helios Squadron wins the "I got a Vacation on Alder...aww crap." trophy.

Failing With Style wins the "The chips say you're a cheater, cheater pumpkin eater!" trophy.

Numbers in 24!

18. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Good luck NYJ (though hopefully less good than mine;))

19. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Oh and besides failure to turning in numbers means that they'll be simmed, you'll also be Jello's Yes Man forever.

20. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    I'm still missing some numbers from 4 GMs, however due to the current time and that I got back from work not too long ago, I'll give the rest of you until morning before I sim and get the first matches underway.

21. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Currently working on the matches right now, and I'm still laughing at a certain matchup.... You'll see.

First match, the Number 8!

Better on Blu Ray Squadron vs Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Squadron

Face Loran vs Falynn Sandskimmer

Yay Me! Starring Luke Skywalker! vs Attachment is a Jedi Code Violation

Octo Ramis vs Izal Waz trumped w/ Krasov Hara & Tyria Sarkin

Trim's Team vs The Integrity of Bruce Pearl

Narra vs Hobbie TRUMPED with Peshk Vri?Syk

Red Rover, Red Rover, Please Send Cade Over vs Mmm! Cheese

Jek Porkins vs Maarek Stele

Face, Trump, Trump, Stele

22. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    What adam said.

23. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Next up, the number 4

Better on Blu Ray Squadron (1) vs Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Squadron (0)

Alinn Varth vs Vindoo "The Shooter" Barvel

Yay Me! Starring Luke Skywalker! (0) vs Attachment is a Jedi Code Violation (1)

Odd Ball vs Mara Jade Skywalker

Trim's Team (0) vs The Integrity of Bruce Pearl (1)

Evir Derricote vs Plourr

Red Rover, Red Rover, Please Send Cade Over (0) vs Mmm! Cheese (1)

Asyr Sei'lar vs Erisi Dlarit

Varth, MJS, Arguments?, Asyr

24. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    I'm not sure we have more than circumstantial evidence for either of these pilots (have we seen Varth do anything?). And that evidence is stronger for the Shooter (Living Legend v. Rogue flight leader).

25. Dinkus_Mayhem

May 4, 2006
    adaml83, you have the score wrong for Yay Me! Starring Luke Skywalker! (0) vs Attachment is a Jedi Code Violation (1)

I won the first match.

Also, in the 2nd match, MJS is on my team...not Ken's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.