main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 16th EUC Starfighter Draft: A Draft of Ice and Fire

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Point Given , Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    This really isn't that close of a match as teams go. I've got Experience with more career pilots, the Force is probably slightly on his side, but Corran and Mara are not chump Jedi, and Skill is definitely on my side.

Wedge Antilles > Tycho Celchu
    Corran Horn > Jacen Solo
    Mara Jade Skywalker > Rookie One - Mara can keep up with the best, she easily takes this one.
    Bror Jace >= Ship - Ship only duels with force users. Since Jace isn't a force user Ship would most likely just flee the battle.
    Plourr Ilo <= Asajj Ventress - Ventress basically has one good story about Skywalker and not much else in experience or skill. Plourr was a trained starfighter pilot who earned a rank of Lt before eventually leading her own squadron.
    Dak Ralter < Mace Windu - Clone Wars stuff has helped make Mace a semi-legit pilot
    Jek "Piggy" Porkins < Lando Calrissian - Lando Rocks
    Arhul Narra > Falynn Sandskimmer - Narra was a commander of Red Squadron and Sandskimmer was a suicidal maniac.

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    As per the commissioner's request:

Jaina Solo (is better than) Pash Cracken

Pash is good, but Jaina has had a little more time and experience onscreen, and an edge in Force abilities, if you're inclined to count that sort of thing.

Turr Phennir (is equal to?) Kyp Durron

Neither one has flown in a while, but Kyp has more recently, and the Vong fighters are a bit nastier than most of what Phennir went up against. Then again, there's not much on either of them, and Phennir fought better pilots. Could go either way.

Jake Farrell (is better than) Inyri Forge

Survivor of Yavin and Endor, and one of the Alliance's top A-wing pilots. Inyri's done well to have not died yet (that we know of), but she's still a step below that level.

Ace Azzameen (is better than) Zekk

Imperial Ace (is better than) Lowbacca

Rhys Dallows (is better than) Octa Ramis

Garven Dreis (is better than) Ton Phanan

Gavyn Sykes (is better than) Cade Skywalker

Canonically the reason why Anakin was able to destroy the droid control ship, and practically a one-pilot starfighter corps in terms of kills.

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Voting for Bring Back Stackpole, The Night's Watch and the Lightknights

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I <s>dis</s>agree. No particular reason.

5. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Numbers in 24, people!

The Stark/Martell Memorial Division

Solo to Tano (RX Sith: 1-1) vs Horton and the Who's Sqadron (Trimaj: 2-0)

?When you need crazy ? call a Barabel? Squadron (CPL Macja: 0-2) vs Bring Back Stackpole: (s65horsey: 2-0)

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Squadron (New York Jedi: 1-1) vs I'll Think of Something Clever Later Squadron (Shadow of Durron: 0-2)

[b][hl=black][color=white]Tu no sabes nada Juan Nieve Division[/color][/hl][/b]

[color=blue][hl=limegreen][b]Jaina Solo and the Lightknights[/b][/hl][/color] (The Loyal Imperial: 2-0) vs [color=skyblue][hl=black][b]The Night's Watch[/b][/hl][/color] (DarkEagle: 2-0)

[b][color=royalblue][hl=white]Jason Giambi's Mustache[/hl][/color][/b] (whiteeagle: 0-2) vs [hl=red][color=white]What's in a name? That which we call a rose, By any other name would smell as sweet.[/color][/hl] (Dinkus Mayhem: 1-1)

[hl=silver]Prenn's Sticky Wicket[/hl] (MASTERPRENN: 0-2) vs [hl=silver]I Don't Give a Sith Squadron[/hl] (TypoCelchu: 1-1)

6. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    First up is #3

Solo to Tano vs Horton and the Who's Sqadron

Tyria Sarkin Tainer vs. Horton Salm

Horton

?When you need crazy ? call a Barabel? Squadron vs Bring Back Stackpole:

Izal Waz vs. Corran Horn

Corran

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Squadron vs I'll Think of Something Clever Later Squadron

Jhoram Bey vs Rookie One

Jhoram

[color=blue][hl=limegreen][b]Jaina Solo and the Lightknights[/b][/hl][/color] vs [color=skyblue][hl=black][b]The Night's Watch[/b][/hl][/color]

[b]Lowbacca vs Asyr Sei'lar[/b]

[b]Asyr[/b]

[b][color=royalblue][hl=white]Jason Giambi's Mustache[/hl][/color][/b] vs [hl=red][color=white]What's in a name? That which we call a rose, By any other name would smell as sweet.[/color][/hl]

[b]Carth Onasi vs Shawnkyr Nuruodo[/b]

[b]Shawnkyr[/b]

[hl=silver]Prenn's Sticky Wicket[/hl] vs [hl=silver]I Don't Give a Sith Squadron[/hl]

[b]Rhys Dallows vs Myn Donos[/b]

[b]Myn[/b]

7. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    Yeah...

8. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Going with Narra, but otherwise agree.

10. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
  11. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Next up is #6

Solo to Tano (0) vs Horton and the Who's Sqadron (2)

Ahsoka Tano vs Maarek Stele

Stele

?When you need crazy ? call a Barabel? Squadron (0) vs Bring Back Stackpole: (2)

Tesar Sebatyne vs Dak Ralter

Tesar

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Squadron (1) vs I'll Think of Something Clever Later Squadron (1)

Adi Gallia vs Jacen Solo

Adi. I'd ask for arguments but Shurron is AWOL.

[color=blue][hl=limegreen][b]Jaina Solo and the Lightknights[/b][/hl][/color] (1) vs [color=skyblue][hl=black][b]The Night's Watch[/b][/hl][/color] (1)

[b]Zekk vs Gavin Darklighter[/b]

[b]Gavin[/b]

[b][color=royalblue][hl=white]Jason Giambi's Mustache[/hl][/color][/b] (0) vs [hl=red][color=white]What's in a name? That which we call a rose, By any other name would smell as sweet.[/color][/hl] (2)

[b]Ooryl Qyrgg vs Dash Rendar[/b]

[b]Ooryl[/b]

[hl=silver]Prenn's Sticky Wicket[/hl] (1) vs [hl=silver]I Don't Give a Sith Squadron[/hl] (1)

[b]Imperial Ace vs Garik "Face" Loran[/b]

[b]Face[/b]

12. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Uh, sure.

13. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Next up is #5

Solo to Tano (0) vs Horton and the Who's Sqadron (3)

Han Solo vs Gunn Yage

Han

?When you need crazy ? call a Barabel? Squadron (1) vs Bring Back Stackpole: (2)

Bela Hara vs Mara Jade Skywalker

Mara

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Squadron (2) vs I'll Think of Something Clever Later Squadron (1)

Andurgo TRUMPED with Monia Gahan vs Tycho Celchu

Tycho

[color=blue][hl=limegreen][b]Jaina Solo and the Lightknights[/b][/hl][/color] (1) vs [color=skyblue][hl=black][b]The Night's Watch[/b][/hl][/color] (2)

[b]Jaina Solo vs Kasan Moor[/b]

[b]Jaina[/b]

[b][color=royalblue][hl=white]Jason Giambi's Mustache[/hl][/color][/b] (1) vs [hl=red][color=white]What's in a name? That which we call a rose, By any other name would smell as sweet.[/color][/hl] (2)

[b]Obi Wan Kenobi vs Vindoo "The Shooter" Barvel TRUMPED with Evir Derricote[/b]

[b]Kenobi[/b]

[hl=silver]Prenn's Sticky Wicket[/hl] (1) vs [hl=silver]I Don't Give a Sith Squadron[/hl] (2)

[b]Cade Skywalker vs Kral Nevil[/b]

[b]Cade[/b]

14. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    I'm not sure I care enough about the last match to disagree with it so, I'll go ahead and agree.

15. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Next up is #7

Solo to Tano (1) vs Horton and the Who's Sqadron (3)

Biggs Darklighter vs Darth Vader

I think I've seen this before... Lord Vader.

?When you need crazy ? call a Barabel? Squadron (1) vs Bring Back Stackpole: (3)

Krasov Hara vs Plourr Ilo

Isplourrdacartha Estillo

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Squadron (2) vs I'll Think of Something Clever Later Squadron (2)

Monia Gahan TRUMPED with Andurgo (FORFEIT) vs Ship

Ship

[color=blue][hl=limegreen][b]Jaina Solo and the Lightknights[/b][/hl][/color] (2) vs [color=skyblue][hl=black][b]The Night's Watch[/b][/hl][/color] (2)

[b]Octa Ramis vs Juno Eclipse[/b]

[b]Octa[/b]

[b][color=royalblue][hl=white]Jason Giambi's Mustache[/hl][/color][/b] (2) vs [hl=red][color=white]What's in a name? That which we call a rose, By any other name would smell as sweet.[/color][/hl] (2)

[b]Kyle Katarn vs Keyan Farlander[/b]

[b]Farlander[/b]

[hl=silver]Prenn's Sticky Wicket[/hl] (2) vs [hl=silver]I Don't Give a Sith Squadron[/hl] (2)

[b]Garven Dreis vs Wes Janson[/b]

[b]Great shot Janson![/b]

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    lol@Biggs.

Agree

17. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Next up is #1

Solo to Tano (1) vs Horton and the Who's Sqadron (4)

Lensi vs Edor Crespin

Going to go with the Rogue Leader here. Lensi

?When you need crazy ? call a Barabel? Squadron (1) vs Bring Back Stackpole: (4)

Ben Skywalker vs Jek "Piggy" Porkins

Ben

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Squadron (2) vs I'll Think of Something Clever Later Squadron (3)

Anj Dahl vs Falynn Sandskimmer

Anj

[color=blue][hl=limegreen][b]Jaina Solo and the Lightknights[/b][/hl][/color] (3) vs [color=skyblue][hl=black][b]The Night's Watch[/b][/hl][/color] (2)

[b]Jake Farrell vs Saesee Tiin[/b]

[b]Saesee[/b]

[b][color=royalblue][hl=white]Jason Giambi's Mustache[/hl][/color][/b] (2) vs [hl=red][color=white]What's in a name? That which we call a rose, By any other name would smell as sweet.[/color][/hl] (3)

[b]Anakin Skywalker vs Voort "Piggy" saBinrig[/b]

[b]Anakin[/b]

[hl=silver]Prenn's Sticky Wicket[/hl] (2) vs [hl=silver]I Don't Give a Sith Squadron[/hl] (3)

[b]Pash Cracken vs Derek "Hobbie" Klivian[/b]

[b]Pash, since it's very unlikely we'll get arguments[/b]

18. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Monia and Andurgo have been useless for me! Useless! I'm trumping them with Luke from now on, they get busted all the time anyways, may as well make Luke unstoppable.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Going with Crespin, but otherwise agree. Actually, since it's going to a third judge anyway, I'd say Hobbie as well. It's close enough to warrant review.

20. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Jello you evil evil man!

Uh Crespin.

Pash has more skill, Hobbie, more experience to draw upon. I think I'll go with Hobbie since the gap between experience is much bigger than the skill gap.

21. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Next up is #8

Solo to Tano (1) vs Horton and the Who's Sqadron (5)

Syal Antilles vs Broak Vessery

Syal

?When you need crazy ? call a Barabel? Squadron (2) vs Bring Back Stackpole: (4)

Tahiri Veila vs Wedge Antilles

Wedge

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Squadron (3) vs I'll Think of Something Clever Later Squadron (3)

Saba Sebatyne vs Asajj Ventress

Sabs

[color=blue][hl=limegreen][b]Jaina Solo and the Lightknights[/b][/hl][/color] (3) vs [color=skyblue][hl=black][b]The Night's Watch[/b][/hl][/color] (3)

[b]Gavyn Sykes vs Alinn Varth[/b]

[b]Arguments?[/b]

[b][color=royalblue][hl=white]Jason Giambi's Mustache[/hl][/color][/b] (3) vs [hl=red][color=white]What's in a name? That which we call a rose, By any other name would smell as sweet.[/color][/hl] (3)

[b]Evir Derricote TRUMPED with Vindoo "The Shooter" Barvel (FORFEIT) vs Plo Koon[/b]

[b]Plo[/b]

[hl=silver]Prenn's Sticky Wicket[/hl] (2) vs [hl=silver]I Don't Give a Sith Squadron[/hl] (4)

[b]Inyri Forge vs Nrin Vakil[/b]

[b]Inyri[/b]

22. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
  23. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Alinn Varth:

So although not explicit, she does have a sizeable amount of flying experience to her credit before the YV war.

In Rogue Sqaudron, she flies in their opening engagement against the YV (2 pilots are killed), defensive action at Dubrillion flying against a miid ro?ik, then at Dantooine.
    So Rogue Squadron against 2 squadrons of coral skippers. Look how that ends up:
    Rogue Squadron with 50% casualties? Ridiculous.

At Garqi
    At Ithor:
    I won?t posit exact numbers here, but based on prior engagements, that a lot of coralskippers.
    Shortly into the battle:
    Here Gavin is happy that eight (EIGHT!) Rogues are still functional. Crazy? but when in the course of 3 battles, 12 Rouges have died, I guess it's warranted.

Varth later fights during the battles are Kalarbra and Sernpidal, during the second year of the war, facing ?stiff resistance? (wookiepedia)

The fact that Varth survives the craziness of those opening battles versus the YV speaks largely about her piloting abilities. She managed to survive against ridiculous odds against an enemy with radically different and (at that point) superior technology. I think that Varth has shown plenty enough talent and experience to take down sykes.

24. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Agree plus Varth.

25. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Varth as well

Last is #4

Solo to Tano (2) vs Horton and the Who's Sqadron (5)

Jagged Fel vs Nial Declann

Jag

?When you need crazy ? call a Barabel? Squadron (2) vs Bring Back Stackpole: (5)

Tal'dira vs Bror Jace

Bror

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Squadron (4) vs I'll Think of Something Clever Later Squadron (3)

Luke Skywalker vs Mace Windu

BOOM!

[color=blue][hl=limegreen][b]Jaina Solo and the Lightknights[/b][/hl][/color] (3) vs [color=skyblue][hl=black][b]The Night's Watch[/b][/hl][/color] (4)

[b]Ton Phanan vs Oddball[/b]

[b]Oddball[/b]

[b][color=royalblue][hl=white]Jason Giambi's Mustache[/hl][/color][/b] (3) vs [hl=red][color=white]What's in a name? That which we call a rose, By any other name would smell as sweet.[/color][/hl] (4)

[b]Ric Olie vs Aril Nunb[/b]

[b]Aril[/b]

[hl=silver]Prenn's Sticky Wicket[/hl] (3) vs [hl=silver]I Don't Give a Sith Squadron[/hl] (4)

[b]Turr Phennir vs Rhysati Ynr[/b]

[b]Turr[/b]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.