main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 16th EUC Starfighter Draft: A Draft of Ice and Fire

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Point Given , Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Funnily enough I'd taken a nap earlier, otherwise I would've posted an hour beforehand ;)

2. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    For what its worth, I totally would have voted for Varth over Crespin.

3. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    But you're also insane. :p

4. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    I think he's actually talking sense :p

5. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    Not at all. I would have leaned towards Varth anyways, and the arguments made for her were compelling. Crespin has a fancier title...that's all he's got on her.

But not my fight, so I don't really care.

6. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    it's gonna be tomorrow before i can get anything on this, sorry.

7. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Here's the thing, I've had Varth on one of my SFD teams and I think a lot of her, but I don't quite thing I could vote her over Crespin. If we had more Pre-Vong on her, just a little bit more then it shouldn't be much to vote her over Crespin. The thing is, I just don't think that the Vong pilots were just that good. Varth flew in by far the hardest part of the war, but that's about all we know she flew.

8. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    And Crespin flew when...?

9. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    A bit in Wraith Squadron, and IIRC as leader from the training frigate in the last battle of Iron Fist. The thing is we can form slightly more concrete evidence for Crespin than we can for Varth via Face. Can't really do that with Varth. Ultimately it's two sketchy pilots with assumed considerable experience before their appearances, extremely limited time in their appearances, and eventually some reassignment removes them from regular combat duty. It came down to their opposition, Vong or Imperial forces (and Zsinj). I'll pick the Imps every time as the ones that are more formidable.

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Apologies for the interruption of normal service...

Alright, further to the various information that you may, or may not, have read, I have created a sticky with the most up-to-date information about the Move, as in, for those not in the know, the time-scales for our migration from one server (IGN) to the next.

Please do read this, and keep an eye out for further updates. I shall be updating the opening post periodically (I'll note when).

Happy Reading!

11. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    On that note, I'm going with Juno.

12. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    I half expected that link to be a rick roll.

13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well, this has been a lovely week. moved back in to school and had classes the last two days. mix with no sleep for two days due to acid reflux and you get a complete lack of arguments here. should be able to do that tonight. if other people want to vote, go ahead.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So I have to decide between two traitors? Really?

Ugh. Eclipse is a Mary Sue, whereas we at least see a little of Vessery fly. He had a ridiculous advantage with a Defender, but to even qualify for one he'd have to survive at least 30 missions in a regular TIE. So... Vessery.

15. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, long day was long.

anyway, i don't really have that much to say beyond what jello said, because he summed it up pretty well.

with juno we have a mary sue, who graduated top of her class. and really, someone does this every year. now here's where juno completely breaks down into unrealistic to me. she went in to the imperial academy at fourteen years of age. seriously, this has to be one of the most idiotic things ever put into the star wars universe, and there are some pretty stupid things out there. juno eclipse is carth with less proof. we have seen carth fly more than her, and we only saw him fly in KOTOR and one other time that i can remember when he was landing a freighter in the mando war. that's it. when carth has more evidence than you that's just sad. also, those missions she survived, what were they? this is pretty much the same problem a single hara has, we really know nothing about what she's done. combine that with not having seen her fly beyond the force unleashed, and i can't really remember seeing her fly in combat in that so (could be wrong, it has been a while since i played it), and she just has no proof beyond reputation. and let's face it, that doesn't do the likes of barvel terribly much good. or carth. or the hara's. or porkins. or any number of other pilots on this list.

with vessary he qualified for defenderss, but not only that he is the leader of two squadrons of other pilots that also qualified for them, which is not exactly the easiest thing in the world to accomplish. this means he is leading 23 other pilots who all met the same qualifications he did, and he exceeded them, and he also managed to save rogue squadron's bacon when they screwed up. that means we've seen him in a worse situation than we've see juno. we have seen him fly, and in something that wasn't a video game book where the focus was pretty far from piloting i might add. yes, this is not much proven, but when you're going up against rep, particularly of the mary sue variety, shouldn't the proven and seen pilot win out?

16. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    oh, and i had something to say on this, but kept forgetting. going to keep the posts separate because they are for totally different things.

you are misunderstanding what i meant when i said created. yes, a sith apprentice is molded, and fashioned in the manner their master wants them to be. but the master tends to also want an apprentice that is strong enough to eventually begin thinking for themselves, i.e. to eventually replace them when they are no longer fit to be in charge. that doesn't mean they don't limit said apprentice, and that they don't try and screw them over at every chance they get, but it is still the ultimate goal of having an apprentice. except in the case of sidious, who was semi-unique in that he could, oh i don't know, live for flipping ever? and i would contest that tahiri is a VERY bad example. a terrible one, in fact, because she was a broken and weak person at that point. ben skywalker would be a much better example of what i'm talking about. jacen/caedus wanted ben to be his apprentice, but ben had a choice and he exercised it. and refusing to obey and dying is still a choice, even if it's one you don't really like. most people just aren't willing to make it.

now what i mean about ship being created is that from everything i can tell about the thing is it is made from a kind of rock and then sith magiced to hell and back. that's not anywhere near the same type of creation that you're talking about when you say an apprentice is created. this type of created is where you can have limitations on what the thing can actually do placed on it. it isn't that ship has a choice to go to the most powerful force user, it literally has no choice. otherwise it would leave abeloth's service when

17. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Vessery

18. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Final Standings

1. Trimaj
    2. DarkEagle
    3. New_York_Jedi
    4. s65horsey
    5. Dinkus_Mayhem
    6. The_Loyal_Imperial
    7. DarthIntegral
    8. Shadow_of_Durron
    9. RX_Sith
    10. MASTERPRENN
    11. whiteeagle
    12. CPL_Macja

Congratulations to Trimaj who finally wins his first SFD after many tries!

19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    *sighs in relief*

i think this has been about four years i've been trying to do this now.

it was fun, and thanks for you all for competing.

also i find it hilarious i won with a bastardized imperial squad. and horton finally won one.

20. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Congrats and that's how the numbers go.

21. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Congrats! Good fun, look forward to the next one. =D=

22. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    Congrats.

And meh. I've been trying since you before you registered. ;)

23. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I think at this point we might need to stage an intervention and fix the draft so you win one. :p

24. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Just let me draft all the other teams :p

Then you will win for sure [face_laugh]

25. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Nah I'll sneak make a trade so someone else wins. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.