main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 17th EUC Starfighter Draft: Pigs on the Wing

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Point Given , Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    I heard it was downgraded to a tropical storm Typo if that makes you feel any better.

2. TypoCelchu

TypoCelchu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 1, 2005
    Nope, still a category 1 and getting stronger. It's also due to merge with a weather system coming from the west, which is why it has been so unpredictable and has a potential to be such a big event here on the east coast.

3. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Asyr

Joined rogue Squadron following the Liberation of Coruscant in their campaign against Isard (a small group of fighters and cruisers against Isard's fleet). She stayed with the Rogues till her "death" during the Ciutric Campaign; a timespan of about 3 years, which inlcuded the Rogue's extended campaigns against Zsinj and Thrawn. Now that's not a lengthy amount of experience, but the Bacta War, Zsinj Campaign, and Thrawn Campaign are all high-quality stuff. Asyr is also considered one of the better Rogues during this time as she performs at a high level, scoring many kills, rarely downed, etc.

Face

Selected for the Wraiths (general Rogues > Wraiths stuff :p), where most of his flying experience comes from the Zsinj campaign. Which, coincidentally, is matched largely by Asyr. The Wraiths are then regulated to NRI, so we don't know how much (if any) flying he has till a smidge of spotty appearances in the YVW (+ any from Mercy Kill, which, I admit, I have not read).

So the bulk of Face's experience is the Zsinj campaign, for which Asyr matches him for most of the second half of the campaign. The question then becomes "is Asyr's Rogue experience against Isard and Thrawn better than Face's in the first half of the Zsinj Campaign?" I'd say that it is. It's for sure more and includes just as deadly (if not more) situations than Face has.

I think Asyr's higher innate skill and better experience puts her over Face

4. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Bah, stupid storms and javascript.

5. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I also could be without power for a few days. I'll try to get a post up with my phone if this happens but be warned! Jello is also in a similar situation as well as PG depending on where the storm goes. North is PG, south is me and Jello is in between us so it's going to hit someone in the draft.

6. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    It just missed me, good luck to you guys up north

7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Yeah like Horsey said, I might be hit by Sandy as well since I'm in New York so I may also be without power. I could use my phone but it'll be annoying updating everything and using the randomizer so I might wait a potential blackout out unless it gets to be too long. Anyway, I'm going with Nrin and Asyr.

Last up is #3

The Genius Pig Division

725 Imperial Fighter Group (3) vs The Wonderful Wandering Whippersnappers (4)

Tycho Celchu vs Ooryl Qyrgg

Tycho

Can't Take the Sky From Us (5) vs Mayhem Squadron (2)

Bror Jace vs Kell Tainer

Going to go with Bror

The Schizophrenic Horse Division

Seven Gentlemen and a Princess (3) vs PANTS ARE GREAT Squadron (4)

Keyan Farlander vs Kyle Katarn TRUMPED with Octa Ramis (FORFEIT)

Farlander

Darth Vader Presents: The Squadron (3) vs The Non Descripts (4)

Darth Caedus vs Broak Vessery

Caedus

8. TypoCelchu

Feb 1, 2005
  9. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Time for teams! For those who I want arguments from, you have until 9 PM on Monday, since Hurricane Sandy will make landfall soon after that.

The Genius Pig Division

725 Imperial Fighter Group (4) vs The Wonderful Wandering Whippersnappers (4)

Gavin Darklighter, Tycho Celchu, Inyri Forge, Myn Donos, Biggs Darklighter, Nrin Vakil, Edor Crespin, Alinn Varth
    vs
    Anakin Skywaker, Maarek Stele, Ooryl Qyrgg, Saba Sebatyne, Horton Salm, Zekk, Rhysati Ynr, Lowbacca

Waiting for arguments. You have until 9 PM on Monday

Can't Take the Sky From Us (6) vs Mayhem Squadron (2)

Seven Gentlemen and a Princess (4) vs PANTS ARE GREAT Squadron (4)

Soontir Fel, Pash Cracken, Keyan Farlander, Jake Farrell, Rookie One, Dash Rendar, Lando Calrissian, Plourr Ilo
    vs
    Luke Skywalker, Jagged Fel, Derek "Hobbie" Klivian, Aril Nunb, Ace Azzazman, Ben Skywalker, Shawnkyr Nuruodo, Kyle Katarn

Darth Vader Presents: The Squadron (4) vs The Non Descripts (4)

Darth Vader, Turr Phennir, Darth Caedus, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Tesar Sebayne, Shira Brie, Asajj Ventress, Krasov Hara
    vs
    Jaina Solo, Saesee Tiin, Mara Jade Skywalker, Adi Gallia, Jhoram Bey, Anakin Solo, Broak Vessery, Nial Declann

Leaning Despised1's team, but still waiting for arguments. You have until 9 PM on Monday

10. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    My team > Prenn's team

Our top pilots are all close, but the lower pilots are where I make up the ground. I have actual pilots whereas he has Octa Ramis and Kyle Katarn who are primarily Jedi. Shawnkyr is only supposedly good and really most of her stuff is dependent on Fel having been with her.

My cohesion is also excellent.

11. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Remember you all have less than 24 hours to make arguments.

Also I'm fixing a mistake I made regarding PRENN's team

The Genius Pig Division

725 Imperial Fighter Group (4) vs The Wonderful Wandering Whippersnappers (4)

Gavin Darklighter, Tycho Celchu, Inyri Forge, Myn Donos, Biggs Darklighter, Nrin Vakil, Edor Crespin, Alinn Varth
    vs
    Anakin Skywaker, Maarek Stele, Ooryl Qyrgg, Saba Sebatyne, Horton Salm, Zekk, Rhysati Ynr, Lowbacca

Can't Take the Sky From Us (6) vs Mayhem Squadron (2)

Seven Gentlemen and a Princess (4) vs PANTS ARE GREAT Squadron (4)

Soontir Fel, Pash Cracken, Keyan Farlander, Jake Farrell, Rookie One, Dash Rendar, Lando Calrissian, Plourr Ilo
    vs
    Luke Skywalker, Jagged Fel, Derek "Hobbie" Klivian, Aril Nunb, Ace Azzazman, Octa Ramis, Shawnkyr Nuruodo, Kyle Katarn

Darth Vader Presents: The Squadron (4) vs The Non Descripts (4)

Darth Vader, Turr Phennir, Darth Caedus, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Tesar Sebayne, Shira Brie, Asajj Ventress, Krasov Hara
    vs
    Jaina Solo, Saesee Tiin, Mara Jade Skywalker, Adi Gallia, Jhoram Bey, Anakin Solo, Broak Vessery, Nial Declann

Leaning Despised1's team, but still waiting for arguments. You have until 9 PM on Monday

12. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I'd say skill is about a wash. Horsey's second is better than mine, my third is better than hers. Backfields I'd say are about the same too. Some spots hers are better, some spots mine.

Experience, I'd argue, is about the same as well. Maybe an edge to Horsey here, since like she said she has some guys in the backfield who have been flying and flying well for a really long time. That said, I don't think my team is exactly lacking in the experience factor. Everybody on both teams has seen plenty of combat.

Same with cohesion probably. I would argue that I have a slight edge here, though.

So that leaves us with intangibles. I would argue that this is where my team is strongest, and where I can with this match. The Force. I don't think it is possible to over-rate Luke in this category. He has become the strongest force-user in the galaxy at this point, and is capable of many things that can come in handy in a nasty dog fight, and help his team. When that immense force power is augmented by two other Jedi masters who have also flown in PLENTY of battles and have a lot of experience working together, this is an important deciding factor.

So that's what I would say. We are close in three categories, and then I blow her out of the water with the force. Which we have seen plenty of times can turn the tide of a dogfight or battle. When the one implementing the force is the most skilled and powerful practitioner in the galaxy and maybe history, I believe that is enough to turn the tide of what will be a very close battle.

13. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    So Sandy's landfall is going to be within the hour so I'll make my decisions now.

I'm going with Jello's team (725 Imperial Fighter Group) due to the cohesion and experience factors. Trimaj has a slightly better skill in the front and middle though Jello cleans up in the back, but its not an overwhelming advantage, and it gets canceled out by the other two factors I mentioned.

I'm also going with Prenn's team in the end (PANTS ARE GREAT Squadron). This was the toughest decision (for a long time I was leaning Sey,and nearly picked her team) and I actually spent a couple of hours thinking about it. However what swayed me towards Prenn in the end are the pilots who have flown with each other. Jag/Shawnkyr, Luke/Hobbie, Hobbie/Aril and Luke has flown alongside Jag and Aril before.

And finally I'm going with Despised's team (Darth Vader Presents: The Squadron). It just has too much firepower

14. TypoCelchu

Feb 1, 2005
    I am inclined to agree with all three matches for the exact factors described above.

MASTERPRENN likes this.
  15. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    well, this is annoying. for some reason i completely quit getting alerts for this thread and didn't think anyone had posted in it. oh well.

16. TypoCelchu

Feb 1, 2005
    I am more than willing to allow time for arguing, before we move on to another match. Convince me.

17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    will attempt to do so later today. don't have the time right this second.

18. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Okay but do it tonight. I'm updating the draft tomorrow afternoon or evening.

19. TypoCelchu

Feb 1, 2005
    Given the news, I'm not sure how to judge "canon" anymore. :p

20. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Trimaj You've got 2 hours.

21. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    just go ahead. i don't have the time to do something like that really at the moment.

22. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    24 hours to send me your numbers

The Genius Pig Division

725 Imperial Fighter Group (@GrandAdmiralJello) [1-0] vs Can't Take the Sky From Us (@DarkEagle) [1-0]

The Wonderful Wandering Whippersnappers (@Trimaj) [0-1] vs Mayhem Squadron (@imiller) [0-1]

Seven Gentlemen and a Princess (@s65horsey) [0-1] vs The Non Descripts (@RX_Sith) [0-1]

Darth Vader Presents: The Squadron (@Despised1) [1-0] vs PANTS ARE GREAT Squadron (@MASTERPRENN) [1-0]

23. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
  24. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    We start off things with #6

The Genius Pig Division

725 Imperial Fighter Group vs Can't Take the Sky From Us

Nrin Vakil vs Wedge Antilles

Wedge

The Wonderful Wandering Whippersnappers vs Mayhem Squadron

Zekk vs Kell Tainer

Arguments?

Seven Gentlemen and a Princess vs The Non Descripts

Jake Farrell vs Adi Gallia

Adi

Darth Vader Presents: The Squadron vs PANTS ARE GREAT Squadron

Krasov Hara vs Kyle Katarn

Arguments?

25. TypoCelchu

Feb 1, 2005
    I will accept Arguments in all matches except the first. As much as I love Nrin, Wedge wins that one by a mile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.