main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The 181st Imperial Discussion Group: headquarters thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Apr 3, 2008.

1. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    I'm sure all of you have noted that the 181st is back from its self-imposed exile. This year, we'll simply do an obscure background bit that apparently not many have read, even though its author is one of the most beloved right now. Yes, 2017 is the year of The Lost Tribe Of The Sith by John Jackson Miller.

Here's how this goes: Instead of just plowing through the entire story collection in one month, I intend to continue to put each story into focus for a month, since this is how they were released. Not simply as chapter to a larger whole, but as little stories that should be able to stand on their own. If you don't have the book at hand: the episodes that were initially released as pdf documents seem to still be available online legally, as far as I can tell. And yes, eight episodes plus a comic book would make this thing last right through december.

So anyone who'd like to spend a little time with JJM's short story cycle, be it again or for the first time, is welcome to join the discussion. I hadn't read LTOTS before and I must say that I'm finding it quite interesting to read and analyse. Here's current discussions:

Lost Tribe Of The Sith #1 - Precipice
    Lost Tribe Of The Sith #2 - Skyborn

Hoping to see a few more of you over the next few months.

comradepitrovsky likes this.
  2. Grey1

Nov 21, 2000
  3. Grey1

Nov 21, 2000
    Hello there. Just curious if anyone's interested in continuing the Lost Tribe discussions. Didn't make a thread for #4 this month since nobody wanted to talk about #3... but part of me would still enjoy it if this worked out. So, anyone up for it? If not, I'll just go back to reading on my own.

4. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    I'd like to talk about the one where they discover the other continent of Kesh, but that's the only one I have interest in talking about.