main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The 181st Imperial Discussion Group: Specter Of The Past!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Grey1, May 1, 2013.

1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Both complaints are valid. He dismisses everyone elses work and references his own

2. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    However... I wasn't talking about Luke and Mara ending up as a couple, whether it steamrolls over ten years of EU history or not. I was talking about Luke and Mara feeling funny about each other. Do you think it's obviously romantic, or just possibly romantic? With strange alien ships appearing and stuff, couldn't there be something strange going on with the two most prominent Jedi-like characters? We all know how it ends up, but what does the first volume do with the topic?

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    The more subtle point is that Borsk continually uses the Empire's atrocities and suppression to justify his own cultural and political xenophobia. Ultimately, his form of politics accrues a significant amount of enmity which he could have easily avoided, it's not as if he lacks the political skill to do so, he chooses not to, in the belief that the cloak of the Empire can be used as a handy shield. In Borsk's worldview the NR is nothing more than a tool for the Bothans to use for their own ends, he has no interest in a common good as that would interfere with his agenda. That this then comes around and near destroys the Bothans during the Caamas crisis would be, you might think, a wake-up call but instead he's still as deluded a bigot as he ever was in NJO.

4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I think it was romantic. The EU history point is valid. Since 10 years is long enough either for romance or just a disturbance in the force etc. It was also the excuse for Zahns rant in Vision about the rest of the EU when Mara and Luke come clean with each other so to speak