main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 1st JC Scavenger Hunt!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Announcements' started by Vertical, Jan 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    That's right, I'm hosting a scavenger hunt over in the Community forum. You could become a VIP for a week! Check it out:

**** This is the text of the sign up thread ****
    **** This is NOT the actual sign-up thread ****
    **** If you want to sign up, follow the link at the bottom ****

Welcome to the Sign-Ups for the 1st JC Scavenger Hunt! For a little background, check this thread: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1715872&replies=118

Wondering why you should participate? Well, here are few great reasons:

1) You'll get to know your fellow JC members better! (trust me... some of the questions will require you to get in touch with them)
    2) You'll get to know the JC as a whole better! (your skills of hunting through threads will be tested!)
    3) You'll get to know things about the real world that you never knew before! (Some pretty interesting questions...)
    4) You'll get bragging rights if you win!
    5) And, of course, if you win, you'll be made a VIP for a limited time!

Sound good? GOOD. Here's the deal:

The Scavenger Hunt is divided into two categories: JC-Related and Non-JC-Related. Each section will have around 50 questions, but some of those questions have multiple parts, or will require multiple answers.

Each question or part of a question will be assigned a specific point value, which you will be able to see (thus, you can form a strategy of, say, concentrating on the higher value questions, or getting as many lower point questions as possible).

A sample question might be:
    ---------------------------------------------
    List all of the Sith Lords that have appeared in the Star Wars films (1 point each).
    ---------------------------------------------

For every Sith Lord you answer correctly, you will receive one point. If you only answer 1, you'll still get 1 point. Questions that require multiple answers do NOT require every answer in order to score points (unless specifically stated).

The Scavenger Hunt will begin next week, on Tuesday, January 23rd, 2001 (it needs to be next week so that everyone who may want to join in can have the opportunity to sign up). I will post the list of 'items' and questions at some point during that day (to be determined at a later date), and at that point, each team or individual will have 2 days (exactly 48 hours) to find the answers to as many of the questions as they can. Each team must email me their results before the 48 hour time limit expires (I will provide my email address in the thread that will contain the list). Any results that arrive in my inbox after that time will be ignored.

TEAMS:
    ------

Yes, you can have teams, but each team can consist of only 2 people. Here's the catch, though: if you choose to have a partner, your time as a VIP will be cut in half. Thus, if the VIP time period is 8 days, you'll each only be a VIP for 4 days.

Also, given the nature of some of the questions, I may choose to give people who go 'solo' a few bonus points to start with, simply because it's an *enormous* task to go alone.

SIGN-UPS:
    ---------

Thus far, I have the following people on my list:

Jedi Greg Maddux
    Admiral Thrawn60
    Polaris63
    JediWarrior
    Darth_Dolza
    The_Last_Boy_Scout
    Tellesto
    Talon Squad Leader
    Herman Snerd
    PrincessKenobi
    DarthNut
    Cigam Retah
    Short Round McFly
    sharkdawg
    Maru-Ba
    JediCrazy
    Silmarillion
    Pyrus
    Liz Skywalker
    Edith, Wife of Beowulf
    Anakin?s Angel
    Cailina

If you wish to join in the fun, simply reply in this thread with a message stating so, and I'll add you to the list. If you thought you signed up before, but don't see your name on the list, simply reply here and let me know. Also, if you're going to be doing a team effort, please list your partner as well, and give me your "team name".

HINTS & ADVICE:
    ---------------

This Scavenger Hunt is NOT easy. Whether you're a 'newbie' or and 'oldbie', there are going to be some questions that absolutely stump you. However, there are definitely

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.