main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 2001 Natalie 'Portman' Tribute

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by JediMaster22, Dec 2, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayme_

jayme_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2002
    JarJarIsBoba, haven't you heard "Can't Get You Out Of My Head?" Good God, that's been getting A LOT of airplay. Damn catchy too.

2. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Man, some of you say she has no boobs... (I agree), but Comon man she is good Enough!

She has beauty and brains, talents and Class. Besides something you've to realize a lot of American girls just doen't have Real boobs. All implants and etc... A REAL beauty doesn't need that to prove herself to be beautiful!!!!

Why I respect her, is because she is smart, beautiful (inside & out), skilled in many things, a wonderful actor, attended the #1 college in America. She inspires me, and I am a good guy, so yeah I want to meet her, but NOT the same as stalking her. I could help her on some computer, and she could help me be as smart as she is!!! We can be friends, right? :D

3. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    Where did all of those votes for Jessica Alba come from all of a sudden?

4. Basil_Hennington

Basil_Hennington Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2002

What? Sure, I guess, though it's REALLY brief.

Okay, one of my cousin's happens to go to the same college as Natalie and, since I have always been close to her, she really wanted me to come out and visit her.

So, I did, and since I was born in the area and have a lot of other friends there anyway, I wanted to make the trip.

I spent some time with my friends but I spent the most time with my cousin, who introduced me to everyone she knows.

One day when I was there, we were in a coffee shop and she was introducing me to some people and then she said hi to this other person, and as I was putting sugar in my coffee, my cousin said, "Natalie, this is my cousin, Bill."

She smiled and said Hi and I did the same and , then as she did with most of the people she introduced me too, she mentioned how I was in town visiting her and that I was from the area.

Natalie said that was kind of nice and then, as we had other places to go, I told her it was nice to met her and she said the same, and my cousin and I left the coffee shop and caught the subway to go the Aqurium.

Anyway, so yeah, it's really brief but, still, she seemed like a pretty nice person, as were all the people my cousin introduced me to that week, but , since this thread is only about one of them, I thought I would focus on that.

By the way, she is pretty tiny, but, I suppose I have to admit, quite striking.

So yeah, I guess that'sw my little story. :)

5. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    JM22, I have informed the FBI of your insane fanatacism of Natalie. You should be arrested...

...now.

6. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

Just thought that JM should know that this pic:

[image=http://natalieportman.com/wwwboard/images/vf0302.jpg]

is not Natalie. It was a common misconception that it was her because she was in the same issue but that's just a perfum ad or something. I suppose I can see the resemblance but I never thought she was Natty.

~PAd

7. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

By the way, we're totally losing this poll against Jessica Alba. (This too, shall pass. [face_devil] )

8. jayme_

jayme_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2002
    I would've dropped the sugar. And coffee.

Striking? Cool, I've heard from people who've met her that her looks are overrated. I know she's skinny, but I knew she's probably just as pretty in person.

Thanks for sharing. :)

9. Basil_Hennington

Basil_Hennington Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2002
    well, I personally don't think she is the most beautiful person in the world or anything, but, based on the pictures and movies I've seen and such, I WILL say I think she is better looking in person. :)

10. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    >Where did all of those votes for Jessica Alba come from all of a sudden?<

WHAT????

We have a lot of Betrayers!!! Star Wars fans yet NOT vote for Natalie

[face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain]

11. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    First of all, I am REALLY sorry for blaming you people for this. I am wrong on that... I feel really bad, it was very rude of me. It wasn't you guy's fault, it was Alba fans cheating. Please Forgive me!!! :)

Argh, wish there is no editing restriction, so I could delete what I said above.

Anyway, Natalie Portman was interviewed by EW.

She is such a GREAT girl, check it out!!

What a difference an episode makes. With the release of ''The Phantom Menace'' in 1999, Natalie Portman went from teen ingenue (''The Professional,'' Broadway's ''The Diary of Anne Frank'') to international superstar. Now, with ''Attack of the Clones,'' the 20-year-old Portman arrives as a true leading lady, profoundly changed by her college years. Fresh from spring break in Spain (''I slept all day and partied all night,'' she laughs), the third-year Ivy League psychology major chats about being older, wiser, and packing blow-dryers for heat.

So how has Queen Amidala changed since ''Episode I''?
    Well, she's no longer queen. She's now a senator. She wanted to leave government altogether, but the new queen asked her to stay on.

Is Amidala pleased that she doesn't have to wear the heavy ceremonial garb anymore?
    [Laughs] Your real question, of course, is ''Were you pleased?''

You caught me. Were you pleased?
    It was obviously a relief. It's very hard to concentrate when you're in pain. On the last film, we had one headpiece that had a cord attached to the top and hooked up to a pulley. Someone would walk behind me and pull down to lessen the weight.

Amidala gets a lot more action in this movie -- fighting-wise. Was that fun?
    It was. But a lot of the stunts have to deal with running from and fighting with imaginary creatures, which was somewhat...amusing.

Is that easy for you -- fighting imaginary creatures?
    Not before this. But you get surprisingly good when 90 percent of your shots are with a tape mark against a blue screen.

Does your imagination gravitate toward fantasy? Like, are you into ''The Lord of the Rings'' or ''Harry Potter''?
    Not really! [Laughs] I like more ''Amélie''-type fantasy than scary-monster-type fantasy.

I understand the Jedi actors get to pick their lightsabers before every movie. Do you --
    I get no say in my weapons. [Mock indignantly] I always get, like, a blow-dryer. Check out my weapons -- it totally looks like I just came from doing my hair.

[Producer] Rick McCallum says ''Episode II'' was a much better experience for you than ''Episode I.'' How so?
    ''Episode I'' was really, really hard for me. Being 16, in London for the summer with no people my age, not knowing anyone there -- that was just really difficult. The weather was awful, and the studio was like this old factory -- it was just a very depressing summer.

When you look at your performance in ''Episode I,'' do you see how that tough time affected it?
    Absolutely. And I feel bad about it, because it was very unprofessional. When you're 16, it's easy to be selfish and go, ''I'm not having a good day and I can't deal.'' Now I'm old enough to know this is my job. I have to put my own things aside.

Last time we talked, you had just started college and were reconsidering how acting fit into your goals. Have you come to any conclusions?
    Absolutely. I want to continue acting, but only in things I believe in. I can't do things that I'm not 100 percent about anymore. I was also one to really work on instinct. I still believe that a lot of it has to be spontaneous, but at the same time, research improves so much. Also, after taking 10 college English classes now, I start looking for different things in scripts, and it's somewhat depressing not to find them. I just feel I do my best work when I feel that it's worthy to be worked on.

All right, last questions. Since you're a psychology major, I thought we'd try some word association. Ready?
    [Laughs] This could be interesting. All right.

George Lucas.
    Sweet.

Hayden Christensen.

12. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
  13. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    I ran into Nat, literally, a few months ago. I started a thread about it actually. Here's the post:

I was at the Roosevelt Field mall here in good old Long Island NY and my brother walked right into Natalie Portman. My brother is about nine and he and I went to go do some shopping with our Christmas money, he wandered off and BAM! Right into her. She seemed real nice though didn't get mad at him or anything.
    Didn't talk to her much though, just said hello, apologized for my brother and said goodbye. One thing I did learn is that she is REALLY short. I'm 6'4" and she was like up to my chest. Anyways after that, I bought my brother the biggest freakin vanilla shake money caould buy. God bless his clumsy soul.

14. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Hey, anybody heard the rumor about Natalie going to SING in the next movie ???

15. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Damn, another Glitch!

16. Katy_Christensen

Katy_Christensen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2002
    She is quite a natural beauty. I'm a
    chick but I totally respect her. I
    mean, the girl resisted HAYDEN! That
    takes balls! But, in some photos, like
    the latest cover of EW, she looks
    rather, hemmm, hookerish. And I'm
    totally blaming it on the make-up.
    Why do they do that to her?! Anyway,
    everyone knows her real name isn't
    Natalie Portman, right?
    And JM, you're almost as bad as me
    on Hayden....:)

17. Jedi_April

Jedi_April Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    I voted for Natalie, um.. four or five times. She'll look good on the cover of Rolling Stone.

18. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
  19. Malazaf

Malazaf Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    In mars attacks, i was like 8 when i saw it, and her performance was so bad it scared me and gave me nightmares for 2 months. Not of the martians attacking me, but of armies of natalies coming after me! It was scary. Then I saw the rereleased ANH, ESB, and RotJ, so i felt better.

20. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    WOW BEAUTIFUL!!!

[face_love]

Question: Which part of Natalie's face stands out as the prettiest?

21. Katy_Christensen

Feb 28, 2002
    Uhhh the eyeliner?

22. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Nice one, Katy_Christensen :D!

23. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
  24. Katy_Christensen

Feb 28, 2002
    You do know she's on the cover of
    Vogue right now?

25. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

Bah! Katy's just jealous that Natty got to snuggle up with a certian force user! 8-}

In case you havent heard, JM22, she going to be on an awful lot of talk shows in May.

~PAd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.