main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 2001 Original Character Awards--Nominations Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarkJade, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Grand_Admiral_Jaxx, since when is Obi-Wan Kenobi original character?

2. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Two people voted for Calven as best Non-Force-Sensitive? Wow.

Best Original Character: I'm going to have to say Dejirra Gheruit Raederth, from Rokangus's BattleMaster Series and Era of Tribulation.

Best Female Original Character: Naressa Rapier, from Casper Knightshade's The Dark Hope and The Fading Light.

Best Male Original Character: Dizzy Arness, from Casper Knightshade's The Dark Hope and Kissing the Girl.

Best Original Character Couple: Kelak and Dejirra, from Rokangus's Era of Tribulation.

Most Likely To Be Mistaken as a Canon Character Original Character: Captain Sorrell, in Rokangus's Dark Spirits.

Best Force-Sensitive OC Character: Nadja Moranna from Casper Knightshade's Nadja Short Stories

Best Non-Force sensitive OC Character: Once again, Dizzy Arness, from Casper Knightshade's Dark Hope and Kissing The Girl.

Best Original Character in a Supporting Role: Scooter, from Grand Admiral Jaxx and excalibur2350's Trials of the Force.

Best Original Character in a Main Role: Enothchild Sarch, from Casper Knightshade's The Dark Hope and The Fading Light

Best Original Character in a Villain Role: Queen Jadis, from Rokangus's Dark Spirits.

Best Original Child Character: Adja Raederth, from Rokangus's Era of Tribulation. She's just being born now, but she's already had significan plot impact.

What can I say? Casper and Rok are good at what they do?

3. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Up!

Sarah >^,,^<

4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I can't think of any more! :eek:

Will go out for some popcorn while the votes are being counted... do they serve popcorn at these things? They should! :)

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, after much thought and research, I think I've narrowed down my choices to these.

Best Original Character: Dr. Sydie Kesh, from Albion's awe-inspiring fic And When I Close My Eyes

Best Female Original Character: Clerise, from Alli-Wan's delightful Appearances

Best Male Original Character: Rendell Trett, from Mistress Renata's many stories, including "Things that Go Bump in the Night"

Best Original Character Couple: Barin Truthfinder and Thom Capella, from HaiGan's You Can Run, But You Can't Hide

Most Likely To Be Mistaken as a Canon Character Original Character:

Best Force-Sensitive OC Character: Lewix Winchard, from Jedi Joon's The Wrong Reason

Best Non-Force sensitive OC Character: Lifa An'Tredin, from Derisa Ollamhin's The Martyrs

Best Original Character in a Supporting Role: Quarrel, from Jodiwent's Luminous Beings

Best Original Character in a Main Role: Crash, in Lilith Demodae's Crash Course

Best Original Character in a Villain Role: Lerrek Vaarn, in HaiGan's You Can Run, But You Can't Hide

Best Original Child Character: Axin Muse, in Alli-Wan's "Jedi Dreams"

6. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Please note Jane's unbelievable modesty in not nominating An-Paj as "Most Likely to be
    mistaken for Canon," since he is HER fabulous creation...

And everyone vote for him in that category!!!

:D :D :D

7. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    How surprising. None of my characters have been nominated for anything. It's always nice to be appreciated. [face_plain]

Anyhoo, here are my votes:

Best Original Character: Kyle Kielen, from my own Through the Eyes of a Soldier.
    Best Female Original Character: Dr. Sydie Kesh, from Albion's And When I Close My Eyes....
    Best Male Original Character: Kyle Kielen, from my own Through the Eyes of a Soldier.
    Best Original Character Couple: Kelak and Dejirra, from Rokangus's Era of Tribulation.
    Most Likely to be Mistaken as a Canon Character Original Character: No vote.
    Best Force Sensitive Original Character: Nadja Moranna from Casper Knightshade's Nadja Short Stories.
    Best Non-Force Sensitive Original Character: Kyle Kielen, from my own Through the Eyes of a Soldier.
    Best Original Character in a Supporting Role: Jyda Listle, in my own Through the Eyes of a Soldier.
    Best Original Character in a Main Role: Kyle Kielen, in my own Through the Eyes of a Soldier.
    Best Original Character in a Villain Role:

Hey, at least my character will get one vote. [face_plain]

8. DarkJade

DarkJade Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2001
    Just a reminder, voting ends on Dec. 26th!
    So, once the midnight bell strikes on Dec. 25th, the voting will be over.

--DJ

9. BlindMan

BlindMan Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2001
    TALKING TO MYSELF:

SELF: You know, I'm looking over this thread, and I'm noticing something...

BLIND MAN: Oh, man. You're going to embarrass me, aren't you?

SELF: No, I'm going to *promote* you. See, I'm noticing a lot of *organic* characters being nominated...but what about the inorganic ones? Huh?

BM: What are you babbling about?

SELF: I'm talking about droids, man! Droids! So my nomination for Best Original Character is--drumroll please--

BM: Just be quiet, will you?

SELF: I SAID DRUMROLL, PLEASE!!!!!!

BM: *sigh* Whatever...

SELF: Best Original Character nomination goes to...ELF-2, from Blind Man's A Boonta Eve Tale (holiday humor)/Rogue Droid Squadron

BM: Folks, if you're reading this, just ignore him, please. He's had a little too much "holiday cheer", if you know what I mean.

SELF: Hey, you're the one who starting typing this.

BM: Oh, hush.

:) Blind Man

The Rabid Bantha Bar and Grille

10. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    Merry Christmas!

Sarah >^,,^<

11. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Best Original Character (this one you can choose from any timeframe you wish) -- I'm not sure if I'm supposed to vote for this or not. But I'd have a hard time choosing anyway, so I'll abstain.

Best Female Original Character - Naressa Rapier from Casper Knightshade's series of fic, most recently The Fading Light

Best Male Original Character - Dalan from Whiskey in the Jar Jar's series of fics, most recently Year One.

Best Original Character Couple - Kelak & Dejirra from Rokangus's fics, most recently Dark Spirits.

Most Likely To Be Mistaken as a Canon Character Original Character - Saul from Rokangus's Dark Spirits

Best Force-Sensitive OC Character - Calep Seth in Herman Snerd's series of fics, most recently Defiant Acts

Best Non-Force sensitive OC Character - Malko from Herman Snerd's Unrequited

Best Original Character in a Supporting Role - Genna Cage from KnightMara's Hearts Are Meant To

Best Original Character in a Main Role - Calep Seth from Herman Snerd's series, most recently Defiant Acts

Best Original Character in a Villain Role - Queen Jadis from Rokangus's Dark Spirits

I also wanted to thank Rok & Jaxx for voting for Darth Arkus, but as I already informed DarkJade via PM, he's not an original character as defined by the rules for these awards. Thanks anyway guys. :)

And thank you, DarkJade, for running these awards and for the all hard work it's going to be tallying everybody's votes. I helped Gandolf tally his awards, so I can feel your pain. ;)

12. jedi-thespian

jedi-thespian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2001
    Okay, I may not be in order, but here goes:

Best (overlooked) Force-Sensitive OC: Branon Windu in Strange Love, an Obi/Sabé story (yes, I've changed the title from "Obi and Sabé (my version). Couldn't help myself. ;) )

I KNOW he's in my Obi/Sabé fic and I'm voting for my own character, but he's AWESOME! My finest creation in the SW universe and NOBODY appreciates him! :_|

Anyway...

Best Non-Force Sensitive OC: Maya from Amidala_Skywalker's If the Mask fits

Best Child OC: Alia from SOT

Other than that, I've gone blank... sorry for being so...so...I dunno... :(

13. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Thank-you everybody for the wonderful votes. It inspires me to know you'd vote for Jerdin, Maya and Alia. How heartwarming...once again, thanks so much.

DJ, when do these Awards end? Hmm...New Year is it?

Am [face_love]

14. DarkJade

DarkJade Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2001
    Yes, I'll be putting up the voting thread as soon as midnight passes us by tonight PST.

There will be three nominees for each catagory and voting will go on through Jan 1st, ending on the 2nd.

--DJ

15. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Good Idea! Though I always find I'm not on at the right time, darn Darth Time Difference. I live in Australia you see. You will be putting up each category at the same time I hope?

Am [face_love]

16. DarkJade

DarkJade Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2001
    Right, so everyone!
    The nominations are now closed!
    Hope everyone had a cheerful holiday for those who celebrate Christmas.

I'll run off now and put up the voting thread.

17. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    ~~Belated thanks to Sarah_K for nominating one of my charecters~~

Isn't she a great sis??!! :D

18. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    *even more belated thanx to SiriGallia*

('specially since she was the only one of three who read the darn thing in the first place!) :)

Sarah >^,,^<

19. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I didn't even know that this was here until now. I guess that's what weeks away from the PC will do to you.

I just wanted to thank everyone that nominated Rela. You don't know how much it means to me. :)

20. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    when I put my vote up for Obi Wan, I should have explained... in that story, he has no name, and his situation is very close to Obi Wan, so everyone would think that it was Obi, but it really wasn't... that's why I nominated "Obi-Wan" as most likely to be mistaken as a Canon character.

21. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    when are the winners announced?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.