main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO The 2004 Presidental Election

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by chiss_man, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    ATTN: Libbies.

Vote for Dean in the primary. He's easiest to beat.

2. Bail_Simone

Bail_Simone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    Wow, that test says I'm 100% Lieberman and 95% Bush. Is that even possible? [face_shocked]

3. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Actually, the tall thing was a little twist on Chevy Chase's line from Caddyshack.

"How do measure yourself against other golfers?"

"By height"

Am I dating myself quoting Caddyshack?

Anyhow, I always vote Democrat. If it would have been possible, I'd have voted Clinton in again [face_mischief]

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Nahh you're not dating yourself. I love that movie as well. I think I was born about 15 years too late. I'd totally vote Clinton in again, sex scandle over violence any day.

5. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    It said I'm 100% Lieberman too

I think the next one down was like 80% or so.

that definitely surprised and helped me

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    This is facinating! Apparently I am:
    100% Kucinich (know nothing about him)
    94% Sharpton (any Rev bugs me as a presidential candidate)
    91% Kerry (again nothing)
    16% Bush (no surprise there lol)

Well I guess this thing is telling me to vote Democrat. I think I like it.

EDIT: I can't spell.

7. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    94% Sharpton

lol

8. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I don't know anything about any of the candidates. But I got 100% on Kerry.

I'll have to do more looking into him...

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah the Sharpton thing really killed me. Who knew?

10. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    who is Kerry? Cuz I got him with 100%

are Democrats the liberal ones or the conservatives ones? why don't I know more about politics?

11. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    I don't know who I'm supposed to vote for, I had 4 people that were over 96. Bush was the lowest of the four with the 96, the other three were democrats, I had only even heard of one of the three. I'm so confused, I guess that means I get to vote for the green party or something.

12. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    I'm hoping Bush will win...I'll just be happy if he finally puts an end to abortion and the homo weddings

13. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Too bad you're not old enough to vote Cuppa. :p

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Pat, I am going to pretend you did not just post that very last thing, about gay right to marriage, so I can continue to respect you.

I would prefer if you did not display prejudice like that here. You do not know if some of the people around here are gay, lesbian, or bisexual, or if their friends or family are.

I though the core of Christianity was to love everyone and not judge others least you be judged. At least that's what they taught me at church, school, and Sunday school.

15. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    It's fine to be opposed to things, but learn how to talk like an adult, not a childish ignoramous.

I personally am against gay marriages, but I don't go around shooting my mouth off like a biggot. I respect everyone that is for it as long as they respect me and my personal beliefs.

16. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    " I would prefer if you did not display prejudice like that here. You do not know if some of the people around here are gay, lesbian, or bisexual, or if their friends or family are. "

I don't see what's fine about a discremination against nature. It's not prejudice, homosexuality is a joke. How often do you see animals with the same sex making "love"? I mean, comeon, it's basically an excuse to make change, this hasn't been this extreme since the days of Soddom and Gomarrah if you know what I mean

"It's fine to be opposed to things, but learn how to talk like an adult, not a childish ignoramous"

How kind of you

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Pat, I am, and have been, asking you nicely to stop. What you are saying is very offensive to some people. Please do not post to say that gay/lesbian right to marriage is offensive to you because YOU brought this issue up, no one else.

The morality of it is not an issue here and not something I wish to discuss at this moment. The issue is you posting things that are prejudice in nature. If you have any doubts, head over to the terms of service.

If you would like to continue this discussion please do so either in the senate or YJCC.

18. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    I'm sorry, but I don't believe any homosexuals post here. Besides, the reason I'm against it so much is because I'M AFRAID. I believe they are a threat. Supposedly The VMM (Virgin Mother Mary) has appeared quite recently to many mystics in Italy warning of these kinds of people, and that if it isn't put to an end, fire would fall from Heaven, wiping out half of the population, even the people who have not done wrong. That doesn't frighten you? It's going to happen. Yes, I believe that. I'm afraid I can't stop fighting for my beliefs, I can't do that, I'm sorry. But hey I know I'm going to be enormously flamed after you all read this post but now you get my point, I hope

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I don't have to be gay to be offended, I have friends and family who are gay.

Pat, you have made me so very angry that I can hardly string two coherent words together. I AGAIN ask you to stop.

20. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    but I don't believe any homosexuals post here
    But people who have friends that are homosexuals DO post here. Me included. And judging by your posts, you've never bothered even hearing the side of those people and just listen to what your Church tells you. Try seeing both sides and then thinking for yourself.

...mystics in Italy...

I've seen many people claiming they've had visions before saying the world's ending. Last I checked, we're still here.

fire would fall from Heaven, wiping out half of the population, even the people who have not done wrong

If you truly God would punish those who are undeserving of his wrath, I don't think you know your own religion very well.

I'm afraid I can't stop fighting for my beliefs, I can't do that, I'm sorry.

This is not the place for "fighting". We're supposed to be respectful here. So if you can't do that, even if you're piss scared, then leave.******

Debate good, flaming bad.

21. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    No flaming or swearing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.