main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO The 2005 St. Louis Cardinals-Now With Minty Pennant Power!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by chiss_man, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Anyone want to go tease San Diego with me?

2. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    The series is all but over.

Peavy is out the rest of the postseason, so San Diego is without their ace!

No ace, no offense, no chance!

GO GARDS! :)

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    The irony gods will stike you down for that arrogance! Never say something is in the bag until it actually is. If we lose, I blame you now!

Oh yeah the irony god bolt looks a lot like the mod bolt if you're wondering.

4. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Jul 2, 2002
    That is why I said it is all but over.

I worded it carefully. ;)

5. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    So we win Game 2. Mulder goes deep, not great, but effective. Reggie contributes again with two more RBI's, and Isringhausen (SURPRISE SURPRISE) actually does GOOD in the ninth! So here we go, off to San Diego to face Woody Williams. Matty Mo is going for us, hopefully he'll pull through for us and we can sweep and take some time to rest and prepare for the NLCS.

6. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Jul 2, 2002
    Morris choked in this situation last year, hopefully he & Issy can both get their heads out of their 'you know what'!

Some more good news, Boston was sweeped, the Yankees are in trouble, I think we can handle Chicago or Anaheim or Los Angeles of Anaheim, whatever they're called.

7. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Don't count out the Yankees yet, but I agree. I'd much rather see Chicago or ANAHEIM in the WS if we make it, since I feel we'd have a little better shot against them than the Yankees.

8. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    CHECKLIST:

Win the Division? Check
    Win 100 games? Check
    Win the Divisional Series? Check
    Win the NLCS and the Pennant?
    Win the World Series?

And we win! We sweep the Padres to win the NLDS and advance to the National League Championship Series. Yet another nailbiter tonight, but Izzy managed to hang on and close it out. So now things get really serious. Game 1 of the NLCS will be against either Houston or Atlanta and will be at Busch Stadium on Wednesday night. Pennant defense officially begins now.

9. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Jul 2, 2002
    Odds are that we'll have a rematch from last years NLCS!

Hopefully it will be a shorter series with the same outcome as last year!

10. Notclown-Joker

Notclown-Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    there is a dent in a metal doorjam where I work from when Jeff Kent hit the homerun in game 6. I want the Astros again! They give us the most exciting games!

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Kalan, you've been saved from having all of your posts modbolted by the Cards sweeping San Diego. :p

Now I have a bet with FamousAmos about the outcome of the Cards/Astros series. Winner gets to choose the loser's sig for a week, if the winner sweeps s/he gets the sig for two weeks. :D I do love my board bets!

12. Draco19

Draco19 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2005
    I hate the fact that we are again playing Houston for the second time in a row to advance further into the post season. :_| I do how ever hope that the Cards pull it off adn advance, so that we are one step closer to the world series. GO CARDS !!!! [face_dancing]

13. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Dude, I'm so scared of Houston. Pettite, Clemens and Oswalt, with the stud Lidge in the 'pen, plus the fact they had a historic win today just scream to me that they will win. My prediction is sadly, the Astros in 5 or 6. Their pitching is just too good.

(I will be happy to be wrong though!)

14. titania7

titania7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    I'm nervous about them, too. I hate them and their ballpark - I so wish that we could have had another chance to beat up on the Braves and put the nail in the coffin on the whole MVP thing when my Albert beat the tar out of that dude that doesn't even know how to spell his own name (it's ANDREW!! No U in there! :D )

15. Draco19

Sep 12, 2005
    I hope all you card fans are ready, only 24 hours at 7 tonight till game one of the nlcs against the astro's. I for one hope that we win this series. I hope that our opponent for the world series is the angels, but I am kinda leaning towards the sox too. Oh well, I just hope we make it to the world series again, but winning it too would be a fitting way of opening the new busch. GO CARDS !!!!! [face_dancing]

16. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    And we win Game 1! Carpenter was dominant as ever, and we managed more offense against Pettitte than I had expected. Reggie Sanders continues to earn his Playa Card with a mammoth home run in the first, and Eckstein set the table like only he can. Tomorrow is critical though, I do not want to go down to Houston tied 1-1, because they very well could rattle off three straight wins in that loud stadium. Still, tonight was a very good start!

17. JediUruviel

JediUruviel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I actually watched it! *feels good about herself*

18. Draco19

Sep 12, 2005
    I wish we could have won yesterday. :_| I hope we win down there so we can advance to the world series. I do believe that we may be playing the White Sox. Last time I checked on their game they were on top 5 to 0 over the Angels. any I am hoping for us to win most of the games in houston. LET'S GO CARDS !!!!! [face_dancing]

19. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    *nervously optimistic* I have a good feeling about tomorrow's game and Game 4. I don't know why, exactly, but I do. Let's hope I'm right... [face_worried]

20. Draco19

Sep 12, 2005
    Oh woe is me, we lost again to the astro's, but at least it was only by one point. I have a good vibe that we will beat them in game 4. LET'S GO CARDS !!!!! [face_dancing]

21. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Jul 2, 2002
    :( Down 3 games to 1 :(

:_| [face_worried]

22. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I don't usually watch sports on TV, but they took that game away from us. Anyone could have seen that. :mad:

23. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    If you watched the game yesterday, apparently when she died, Roger Clemens' mom said it was "destiny for the Astros and Sox to play each other." Destiny can be aided... [face_plain]

24. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Keep the faith - it ain't over yet

25. Notclown-Joker

Notclown-Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    What stinks is national coverage is making it look like we were in the wrong for arguing the calls. They were awful, and even the Fox announcers were having trouble with the calls. But as soon as La Russa got thrown out of the game, the sportscasters were critizing him! Make up your mind! We can still pull a three game sweep. We've done before against the Astros! LET'S GO CARDINALS, LETS GO!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.