main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 2006 College Football BCS discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by EMPEROR_WINDU, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    This is a nifty little thread to post our predictions and hopes for the BCS, most notably the game in Glendale which will host the national title game.

So which teams are in a commanding position right now. Can the UM/OSU loser make it back into the title game? Is there a de facto semifinal set up with Notre Dame and Southern Cal going at it on the 25th? Does Rutgers deserve a shot? Where do the numbers stack up in support of your theories? Will the human polls validate your claim or will the computers dash your team's hopes?

So much to talk about, I wish we had more time until everything was decided!

2. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I hope the Aggies BTHO Texas next week (we have a bye this weekend)!!!!

3. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Winner of Ohio St./Michigan obviously is an auto-lock for me. The loser I think should get in unless Rutgers wins out or the loser gets uterally dominated and proves it can't hang.

4. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    How do you justify keeping the OSU/UM loser at number two this week if USC beats Cal? There isn't a big enough gap there for it to happen.

And OSU and UM are done for the rest of the year, while USC will have another game to go against a top 5 team. The winner of the USC/ND game will jump the loser of the Michigan/Ohio State game, IMO.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    There very well could be, Cal's loss to Arizona heavily, and I mean HEAVILY, decreases their value in terms of quality wins for Southern Cal.

That, paired with the Oregon State loss could keep USC out of it, but I don't see them getting by Notre Dame, so I think the point will be moot.

6. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004

Yeah Cal's lose hurt USC's case big time, it doens't seem as impressive of a win. IMO, Ohio St. will beat Michigan again but I only see another team other then Michigan getting in unless Michigan obviously loses again or gets blown out. If they get destroyed by OSU, while I don't think it will happen I'd like to see Rutgers in it but I think USC would get it even if Rutgurs wins out.

7. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    I agree, but I'm talking about this week. You don't think USC will jump into the second spot this Monday if they win? I mean, the computers obviously love the Trojans after they jumped Florida to land in the three spot.

One thing just seems so clear to me but no one else seems to agree on: The OSU/UM loser is done after this weekend, that means they can't make up any ground on either USC or ND. One of those teams is going to have a big win a week after the season is over for OSU/UM. I espcially don't see it happening for OSU since they would have 0 quality wins if they lose to Michigan.

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Southern Cal is almost a full point behind Michigan.

If the game is remotely close, I don't see them moving unless they take down the Irish, and finish off the Bruins--don't forget that last game, it's a trap one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.