main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 2006 JEDI DRAFT!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth-Horax, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    Hey its Sest.

Tatooine Conference

Match 1: Maul takes this fairly easily methinks.

Match 2: Christopher Lee wins.

Match 3: Hord was made out to be a big baddie from Kreia but there's noting on him. He still could beat Thon though. Due to the lack of info Tatter Totts gets the W.

Hoth Conference

Match 1: Juhani? Oh wait its a forfeit. So she doesnt really win.

Match 2: Slice! Jacen owns.

Match 3: Yeah i just dont see Ol' Oppo defeating Dark woman.

i guess i culda just said i agree on all matches but w/e.

next.

2. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
  3. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Shut up, Sest.

4. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
  5. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Our next number...

FOUR!

Tatooine Conference

Match 1: Prenn's Silver Wookies (1) (MASTER_PRENN) vs. THE WILL OF THE FORCE (3) (StarWarsFreak444)

Kenth Hamner vs. Stass Allie

Match 2: Integration by Darth (2) (DarthIntegral) vs. The Purple Posse (2) (EMPEROR_WINDU)

Desann vs. Tesar Sebatyne trumped w/ Saba Sebatyne

Match 3: Emperor's Pick (2) (Kalio_Dynkos) vs. Boon Dogs (2) (Axle-Starweilder)

Lumiya vs. Quinlan Vos

Hoth Conference

Match 1: _Jedi Knnnnn-iggets_ (1) (Chuckles38) vs. Kenobi's Talons (3) (Talon Kenobi)

Aayla Secura vs. Kam Solusar

Match 2: Zekot's Zealous Zoologists (2) (Zonama_Mekot) The Gaping Lotus Experience (2) (Shadow_of_Durron)

Kavar(autoloss) vs. Lord Nyax

Match 3: The Vicious Vets (2) (HandofSkywalker86) vs. Teh Ub3r Jedi's (2) (JediKnight90210)

Ganner Rhysode vs. Lord Hoth

MORTAAAL KOMBAT!

6. Zonama_Mekot

Zonama_Mekot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 25, 2004
    Ew. Gross numbers for me.

7. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    You're gross.

8. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    1)The "background members of the council" fight! But Stass has done nothing, so I'll give it to Kenth.
    Winner: Kenth Hamner

2)The lizards can definitely take this.
    Winner: Sebatynes.

3)I'm not a Lumiya fan, but she could think rings around Vos. Vos has needed multiple Jedi meditating to ground him in the important fights he's been in (Bulq, that Anzat) so most of his important victories are not individual but in trump.
    Winner: Lumiya

4) Aayla has much more experience, imho, and can take this.
    Winner: Aayla

5) Nyax

6)
    I'm not sure if I'll be backed on this, but Ganner was really a one-shot thing. The Vong war and the battles Hoth fought were both incredibly taxing on the Jedi Order. But Hoth is in a leadership role, and not only survives a longer conflict than Ganner but makes it to relatively old age. Also, far more experience against other Force-sensitives.
    Winner: Hoth.

9. whiteeagle

Dec 24, 2004
    Long day and Im headin to bed. so ill do this quik. Hmmm. On second though I agree w/ Sabar. Nothing that I can really disagree on. Next.

10. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Our last number...

TWO!

Tatooine Conference

Match 1: Prenn's Silver Wookies (2) (MASTER_PRENN) vs. THE WILL OF THE FORCE (3) (StarWarsFreak444)

Kyle Katarn vs. Yaddle

Match 2: Integration by Darth (2) (DarthIntegral) vs. The Purple Posse (3) (EMPEROR_WINDU)

Jerec vs. Tesar(autoloss)

Match 3: Emperor's Pick (2) (Kalio_Dynkos) vs. Boon Dogs (2) (Axle-Starweilder)

Marka Ragnos vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi

Hoth Conference

Match 1: _Jedi Knnnnn-iggets_ (2) (Chuckles38) vs. Kenobi's Talons (3) (Talon Kenobi)

Zez-Kai Ell vs. Ulic Qel-Droma

Match 2: Zekot's Zealous Zoologists (2) (Zonama_Mekot) The Gaping Lotus Experience (3) (Shadow_of_Durron)

Leia Organa Solo vs. Darth Sion

Match 3: The Vicious Vets (2) (HandofSkywalker86) vs. Teh Ub3r Jedi's (3) (JediKnight90210)

Vodo Siosk-Baas vs. Qui-Gon Jinn

MORTAAAL KOMBAT!

EDIT: Fixed

11. sabarte

Sep 8, 2005
    Why is Lumiya fighting Quin again?

12. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Ah, jeez. I'm trying to think of how best to word my argument here, but I'm just feeling so lazy today. And there are just too many different ways I could go about this.

Bottom line: While Leia showed some impressive progress in Dark Nest, she seems to have pulled a 180 yet again and seems to be kinda out of the Jedi loop in LotF. [face_plain]

Her potential power is obviously greater, and while she has some nice feats to her name, Sion mastered an insanely uber technique himself. He's no slouch, either.

Her skill is pretty good, but come on. If Alema Rar gave her fits...

And Sion has more experience under his belt, and against much better opponents.

13. sabarte

Sep 8, 2005
    1) hah. Kyle
    2) Jerec
    3) Kenobi. I find it hard to take a pre-lightsaber combatant too seriously, though to be fair his sword can block them.

1)Qel-Droma punks the Councillor
    2) Sion, yeah. He can't really die, and IMHO taking the cheap way out like Exile did is not characteristic for Leia. Sion.
    3) I like Qui, but I think Vodo does a little better against Unexpected Double Saber of Doom. Could almost go either way, though. Vodo.

14. whiteeagle

Dec 24, 2004
    Pressed for time so the only one I disagree on is Vodo vs. Jinn. Jinn wins. Ill post a more detailed arguement if need be later on tonite wen i get home.

15. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    My view on the match is simple. Vodo faced the same situation Jinn did, except he survived more fights,w ithout help, and against a muchtougher and more powerful doublesaber usetr in Kun. I can't see Jinn taking this one.

On another note...I have zero time. If one of the judges could please post the team matches(that was the last individual, it should be obvious which matches are going to teams) that would be great. I might or might not have internet access/time for internet access in the first few days of residential school...so if the judges agree on the matches, when I get back I should start the playoffs. If the judges disagree, I'll break the tie and then start the playoffs.

And for the love of God, can we get some GMs posting in this thread? If no one's paying attention let's just close the draft so I'm not sacrificing my time for nothing.

16. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    For the love of God I agree with Suzuki.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    [face_plain] There have been plenty of drafts that have been just as slow and have had GMs that were even less involved than this without just being shut down in the middle of it. Look at the early Starfighter Drafts. How about we just get through this thing? After that, whatever. It's obvious that this draft has been neutered by all the months of bannage and it had been getting stale even before that, IMO. However, there are still some people that care about this one at least a little bit. I couldn't tell you where most of them have been lately, but really, when it comes to most of these matches, how much could you possibly expect them to say about them?

And besides, a chunk of the GMs that dissappeared once the drafting was over are more than likely going to be eliminated once the playoffs start. Look at it this way: Four matches in the first round of the playoff, two in the second, and then the final match. We're practically done.

18. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    I'm willing to keep the draft open, I just wish that people besides you and Mekot would meet me half way, you know? Let's trudge through this one and start anew in the next draft. Together. Hand in hand! If we believe in ourselves, we can do anything!

19. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    Am I re-taking the commish position for playoffs?

I would like to.

20. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Im still here and willing and ble :p

And so it is a team matchup which will decide if Hand or I goes through to the play off.

I built this team mainly round cohesion so if I do lose then I will be dissapointed.

Most of my team have worked with each other at some point and have been effective.

21. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    I think this draft just suffered from to many changes of GMs/Commisoners. Thats what slowed this thing down

22. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I agree. With that being said however, my team is the better of the two and should win:)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Your team is inferior to mine, Windu, I hate to say. But it's true.

Sidious is better than Windu (by quite a bit, actually)
    Dooku is better than either of Kyp or Saba (whomever you conisder to be better)
    I'll give you an edge at whomever is left from Kyp or Saba over Bane
    Sora is better than Depa (but not by much)
    And our bottom twos are about equal.

But, let's not forget that Sidious and Dooku have that, you know, Master-Apprentice thing going on, and if we're truly taking them at their peaks, I would not consider a truly disarmed Dooku to be at his peak when he's kneeling before Anakin Skywalker. :p. Plus, Jerec was an Emperor's Hand (gee, wonder who the Emperor is who put the "Emperor" in Emperor's hand), and Dooku did, you know, work a lot with Bulq. Connections throught my team, the only one without a connection is Bane. And, you know, Sidious and Dooku are just part of the order he helped maintain. :p His only glitch in cohesion might be the shock that there aren't just two of them.

On your team ... Kyp Durron and Saba and Tesar know each other and have worked together before. But Kyp's not the easiest guy to get along with. Saba and Tesar have amazing cohesion, I will give you that. But, Luminara, as much as I love her, is about a waste of space without Barriss by her side. Together they are a great trump, a wonderful weapon when working together. But seperately? Alone? She doesn't bring much to the party.

So when you look at it, I have better cohesion, and a big advantage at the top. My team has two guys (Dooku and Sids) who could take out a trump of Saba and Tesar without batting an eye. You have no one who can fully handle the power of Sidious.

This one isn't really all that close in my opinion, and I'm being flat honest. Good numbers got you to teams, but they won't save you here.

Integration, FTW

24. whiteeagle

Dec 24, 2004
    ill post the team matches to keep it movin. h/o a sec.

edit: does anyone know the actual page where it lists the final teams?

25. sabarte

Sep 8, 2005
    so. teams. note: these teams are posted under sleep deprivation and may be entirely incorrect. If this is not your team, please say something

Prenn's Silver Wookiees vs Will of the Force
    Yoda, Katarn, Bastila, Thon, Jaden Korr, Kenth Hamner vs Maul, Ventress, Sing, Fisto, Allie, Yaddle

Integration by Darth vs. Purple Posse
    Sids, Dooks, Bane, Bulq, Jerec, Desann vs Mace, Saba, Kyp, Depa, Luminara, Tesar

Emperor's Pick vs. Boon Dogs
    Kun, Ragnos, Nadd, Lumiya, Hord, Sadow vs Kenobi, Jeth, Vos, Shaak, Totts, and Cay

Vicious Vets vs. Teh Ub3r Jedis
    Luke, Vodo, Mundi, Ganner, Dark Woman, Hett vs Anakin, Quiggs, Plo Koon, Hoth, Drallig, Rancisis

I will be gone tomorrow. In that time GMs WILL post arguments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.